Top 10 Falcon's Wide Receivers Of All Time

Captain Falcon

Is this list based on some stat (if so what?)---or is it just your "favorites" list?

it's not a favorite list. Otherwise, Finneran would be #1.

It's pretty much I pull a rating out of my *** from 1-100 based on how good they are/were. Then they get points for years as a starter, pro bowls, super bowl wins, super bowl mvps, offensive player of the year award, elected to the HOF, etc. (so with our team, its pretty much years as a starter + pro bowls v_v). However there are rules, such as, you generally need 3 years as a starter. For every year under, you get a -1. But once you get that 3 years, you instantly go from -1 to +3 which is nice.

Here is the list with the numbers included. Roddy White has a lot of numbers, because I take the average of every player's top 5 years. Once you hit 100+ you are worthy of being in the Falcon's ring of honor.

To see if a player is worthy of the Hall of Fame, you would pretty much take the average of a player's top 10 years and add on their accomplishment bonuses, but you wouldn't count their years as a pro. So Roddy White's career average would be an 87 + 4 pro bowls would put him at 91 meaning he is still well off from the HOF.

And the point system works as such:

years as starter = 1 point. Superbowl win = 2 points. MVP = 3 points. Pro bowls = 1 point. HOF = 3 points. DPOY = 1. OPOY = 1. Superbowl MVP = 1 point.

Also, with other positions, there are other rules such as all quarterbacks get an automatic +5 point boost, while offensive lineman and special team players get a -10 to compensate how its harder to make the HOF or FROH in those positions than it is a quarterback.

Roddy White (90 + 91 + 96 + 92 + 91) 92 + 7 + 4 = 103

Andre Rison (88 - 90 - 91 in prime) + 5 + 4 = 99

Terrance Mathis (87) + 8 + 1 = 96

Alfred Jenkins (84) + 8 + 2 = 94

Michael Haynes (87) + 5 = 92

Bert Emanuel: 84 + 4 = 88

Julio Jones: (82+90) 86 - 1 + 1 = 86

Wallace Francis: 80 + 5 = 85

Stacey Bailey: 81 + 4 = 85

Mike Pritchard: 82 + 3 = 85

I would rank it:

1. Roddy White

2. Andre Rison

3. Terrence Mathis

4. Alfred Jenkins

5. Michael Haynes

6. Wallace Francis

7. Bert Emanuel

8. Stacey Bailey

9. Michael Jenkins

10. Alfred Jackson

Honorable mention to Brian Finneran, Ken Burrow and Floyd Dixon. Julio doesn't have enough games yet but should have no problem cracking the top three.

I would rank it:

1. Roddy White

2. Andre Rison

3. Terrence Mathis

4. Alfred Jenkins

5. Michael Haynes

6. Wallace Francis

7. Bert Emanuel

8. Stacey Bailey

9. Michael Jenkins

10. Alfred Jackson

Honorable mention to Brian Finneran, Ken Burrow and Floyd Dixon. Julio doesn't have enough games yet but should have no problem cracking the top three.

I like this list better. I agree about Julio needing more games behind him to be on an all time list.

are we going by strickly wrs? if not then i d say crump might have to be in consideration some where, especially over mj12.

If we're going to include TEs then TonyG, Crump and Mitchell should be able to crack the list. If we're gonna include TEs then we should also include RBs and give WA31 a shot. 80 catches a year? As a FB? Yes sir.

Tight end is a whole separate category.

Which I have looking like this:

1. Alge Crumpler (91) + 7 + 4 = 102

2. Tony Gonzalez (97 + 88 + 88 + 92) 92 + 4 + 3 + 3(HoF) = 102

3. Jim Mitchell (74) + 11 + 2 = 87

4. Junior Miller (79) + 3 + 2 = 84

5. Reggie Kelly: 74 + 3 = 77

6. Arthur Cox: 70 + 5 = 75

7. O.J. Santiago: 68 + 3 = 71

8. Ray Ogden: 72 - 2 = 70

9. Bill Martin: 69 - 1 = 68

Oops, only have a top 9 there. Who else is worthy of this list?

And my bad for titling this receivers instead of wide receivers. I should have specified.

Edited by Captain Falcon

i would agree with that also.

hey! what's up with no peerless price on this list?

I don't see how Mathis could be ranked over Bad Moon. Dude dam near equalled Mathis' production in three fewer seasons. He had way more clutch plays too. Especially first downs and TDs. He was a true go to guy. Only Roddy was more clutch IMO. I just saw an NFLN interview with Bret Favre who was asked what his all time favorite pass was, and he answered, the bomb to Bad Moon in the Super Bowl.

Maybe Hartsock or Peelle? I'm kind of p!ssed at myself for not being able to think of another relevant tight end in our franchise history. Crumpler is number one for me because of the quantity of years we got. Gonzo is number two, and Mitchell is three because in his prime, he was considered one of the best. After that, I'll take Santiago simply because of the 98/99 season.

Hard to put an all time Falcon Top 10 TE list together. I'd add in Koz or maybe one of Henning's H-Backs.

I would rank it:

1. Roddy White

2. Andre Rison

3. Terrence Mathis

4. Alfred Jenkins

5. Michael Haynes

6. Wallace Francis

7. Bert Emanuel

8. Stacey Bailey

9. Michael Jenkins

10. Alfred Jackson

I pretty much agree with this list. Would change order just a little. Julio will be way up the list if he stays healthy and continues on his current path. When it's all said and done, he could be number 1. :)