Warren Sapp Inducted To The Hof

JabooAlwaysWins

Brooks should make it next season, Lynch & Barber will probably take a few years. We plan on going to Canton Aug. 2014 for #55's Induction ceremony. I've never been to the HOF, and I'm giddy with excitement just thinkin' about it!

I'm very pleased that Sapp made it in his first year of eligibility, even though he can be an ******* of Gigantic proportions. I remember about 10 years ago I had a conversation with my Mom (HUGE BUCS FAN), we were discussing Warren's penchant for treating fans like dog pooh, and she said, "Ya know Johnny, Warren can be a real *******, but he's OUR *******, and I'm tickled to death he plays for us"! That pretty much sums it up for most BUC Fans.

Edited by jb 3.0

Was not a big fan of Sapp on the field (like him on NFL commentary) but he was a deserved player as far as the HOF goes.

julio.gif

The man LOVED to play in opposing stadiums! Most all opponent fans hated his guts and he thrived on that. The more you booed and hissed the greater he'd play! Ya gotta love a guy like that...especially you!wink.png

Edited by jb 3.0

Brooks should make it next season, Lynch & Barber will probably take a few years. We plan on going to Canton Aug. 2014 for #55's Induction ceremony. I've never been to the HOF, and I'm giddy with excitement just thinkin' about it!

I'm very pleased that Sapp made it in his first year of eligibility, even though he can be an ******* of Gigantic proportions. I remember about 10 years ago I had a conversation with my Mom (HUGE BUCS FAN), we were discussing Warren's penchant for treating fans like dog pooh, and she said, "Ya know Johnny, Warren be be a real *******, but he's OUR *******, and I'm tickled to death he plays for us"! That pretty much sums it up for most BUC Fans.

Wow, the story of your mother just gave me words to how I feel about Sapp. I really don't care about the negative hype he has gotten, because at the end of the day his heart was in making the Bucs succeed. He's my favorite player of all time (dare I say even more then Selmon & Brooks). Great day for Tampa Bay...

Wow, the story of your mother just gave me words to how I feel about Sapp. I really don't care about the negative hype he has gotten, because at the end of the day his heart was in making the Bucs succeed. He's my favorite player of all time (dare I say even more then Selmon & Brooks). Great day for Tampa Bay...

Most everyone around here has a Warren Sapp story about what a jerk he was in public and to his fans. I figure, he gave us what we we all wanted from him, every Sunday! The guy played his heart out every Sunday, and as a fan how can we want anymore than that?

Id he my favorite player? **** No! But, as a player he garners as much respect as anyone else that has played on this team. NO ONE in my opinion can top #63 or #55...on or off the field!

I don't think Simeon Rice is going to the HOF but look at his stats. Tackles 475 , Sacks 122.0 , Forced fumbles

Those numbers aren't bad...

As much as I would like Simeon to get in, I agree with you. There's not so much as even a whisper about him even being considered despite his numbers. I guess because his career didn't have an ample amount of longevity in different systems. He was extremely successful in the Tampa 2, but what else? I'm afraid that he's fallen into the category of "good players" as opposed to "great players", which he actually should be in...

Most everyone around here has a Warren Sapp story about what a jerk he was in public and to his fans. I figure, he gave us what we we all wanted from him, every Sunday! The guy played his heart out every Sunday, and as a fan how can we want anymore than that?

Id he my favorite player? **** No! But, as a player he garners as much respect as anyone else that has played on this team. NO ONE in my opinion can top #63 or #55...on or off the field!

I definitely can't argue that #63 & #55 are worthy for being favorites. They have a high position and special place in my Buc Heart as well. I think what endears me to Sapp is that he truly became a FACE for the franchise (love him or hate him). When people thought of the Bucs during that time, they pictured Sapp with all of his histrionics, AND YET HE STILL DELIVERED quality play despite it all...

He probably was the most polarizing figure in Buc's history. People were forced to acknowledge him (through his personality AND gameplay), and this brought much-wanted/ needed attention to an obscure and historically losing franchise.

Selmon & Brooks were effective and productive "good cops", but Sapp embraced the role of the "bad cop", which makes him stand out a bit for me because he accepted the hate (not that I like bad cops, but you get the picture). I don't know, maybe I'm twisted, but Sapp forced the NFL to "recognize" the Bucs. For that, I'll always be grateful...

I definitely can't argue that #63 & #55 are worthy for being favorites. They have a high position and special place in my Buc Heart as well. I think what endears me to Sapp is that he truly became a FACE for the franchise (love him or hate him). When people thought of the Bucs during that time, they pictured Sapp with all of his histrionics, AND YET HE STILL DELIVERED quality play despite it all...

He probably was the most polarizing figure in Buc's history. People were forced to acknowledge him (through his personality AND gameplay), and this brought much-wanted/ needed attention to an obscure and historically losing franchise.

Selmon & Brooks were effective and productive "good cops", but Sapp embraced the role of the "bad cop", which makes him stand out a bit for me because he accepted the hate (not that I like bad cops, but you get the picture). I don't know, maybe I'm twisted, but Sapp forced the NFL to "recognize" the Bucs. For that, I'll always be grateful...

I watched Simeon Rice.

Simeon Rice i don't know that he should be HoF. But considered. Absolutely. He performed at an elite level without Sapp too if i'm not mistaken.