Dunta Is The 2Nd Highest

Ice5303

Paid player on the team

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/atlanta-falcons/

This is just wrong, he either needs to be cut, or rework his deal, also considering he wasn't even going to be one of our top 2 CBs before grimes got injured.

Honestly in 3 seasons.... I can only remember 3 hits(ones where he almost knocked himself out from lowering his head) 1 decent INT, and probably his best individual play, the forced fumble in the San Fran game. But to have the 2nd highest salary, this is holding us back

Edited by Ice5303

I think he's actually really underrated, to be honest. He was pretty dang good this year, a great number two corner, both in the passing game and in terms of stepping up the run defense when no one else seemed to want to. But he's way overpaid. It's hurting this team.

I hate when any player is overpaid, which is why the Ryan deal this offseason could ultimately end up making it that much tougher to reach the SB.

He played fairly well this season. IF he learns how to wrap up and tackle instead of going for the knockout hit he will be a lot better. However he does not need to be the 2nd highest paid player on this team. That's ridiculous

Yea but we knew from day one he was overpaid just like Edwards, but desperate measures are what they are, if he can give us a huge hometown discount, I still want him on board ....

I think he's actually really underrated, to be honest. He was pretty dang good this year, a great number two corner, both in the passing game and in terms of stepping up the run defense when no one else seemed to want to. But he's way overpaid. It's hurting this team.

I hate when any player is overpaid, which is why the Ryan deal this offseason could ultimately end up making it that much tougher to reach the SB.

Ya he'd be underrated if he was making McClain type money but when you have the highest cap hit on the team next year and you play like he did.. No excuses

He's either cut or signed to a lesser deal.

I like Dunta but he needs to seriously take a hit on his money but didn't he re-structure for us last year?? He played his best year as a Falcon this year. Only thing that bugs me is how often he goes for the knockout but that's kind of a characteristic of the entire defense not just him they all either go for the ball or go for a big hit.

******* hate Dunta as a player. Poor in coverage and cannot make a tackle to save his life.

I would only keep Dunta if he agreed to cut his salary in 1/2. I'm not guaranteeing future monies nor anything - same work/ half the pay - that's the offer! Let's get Jerry McGuire in here to negoitiate.

"That's the plan!"

nbc-sports-will-be-jerry-maguire.jpg

by the way, I love Black People - especially Beyonce'

Dunta Robinson, like most of the guys on the defense, really sucked when it mattered most. Time to move on, he can hit but he can't cover.

Dunta cannot cover and he cannot tackle. He goes for kill shot - misses way too much and does not wrap up - neither does DeCoud.

Please. No Dunta anymore. Dude CAN NOT cover. His transition is so slow. He has no ball skills. He can't tackle. He's stiff hipped. If we played more man, he would be burned even more. There's a reason why we see him play 10 yards off on a consistent basis. It's to make up for his flaws.

If Grimes can prove to be healthy, since he won't be getting a long term, we should at least try to resign him to a one-two year deal.

Grimes and Asante on the outside with McClain in the middle.

All three of those CBs are better than Dunta. Now tell me why we would bring him back at that ridiculous salary. And for those saying he takes a pay cut to stay with us. Let's say we bring back Grimes. If the three best CBs play, Dunta would be a dime CB at best.

I hope that when TD said we will have tough decisions to make and being more "fundamentally sound", Dunta is one he is talking about.

I can't defend the guy anymore. He sucks.

Edited by The Don™

Please. No Dunta anymore. Dude CAN NOT cover. His transition is so slow. He has no ball skills. He can't tackle. He's stiff hipped. If we played more man, he would burned even more. There's a reason why we see him play 10 yards off on a consistent basis. It's to make up for his flaws.

If Grimes can prove to be healthy, since he won't be getting a long term, we should at least try to resign him to a one-two year deal.

Grimes and Asante on the outside with McClain in the middle.

All three of those CBs are better than Dunta. Now tell me why we would bring him back at that ridiculous salary.

I hope that when TD said we will have tough decisions to make and being more "fundamentally sound", Dunta is one he is talking about.

I can't defend the guy anymore. He sucks.

Houston Texans know what they are doing.

Let Dunta Walk - and Dunta is horrible

Let Mario Walk - and he was just playing for paychecks - now he's paid, he quit (yes, I loved him!)

Traded DeMeco Ryans - he looks average at best w/ Eagles

Note to Dimitroff: don't grab Texans cast-offs