Cheerleader Says Ravens Left Her Home Because She Gained Weight

Trouble

tdy-130131-ravens-cheerleader-10a.jpg

Deer antler spray isn’t the only bizarre controversy surrounding the Ravens at the Super Bowl: A cheerleader says the team didn’t bring her to the Super Bowl because she gained weight during the season.

Courtney Lenz, who has just concluded her fifth and final year as a Ravens cheerleader, says she was told that her slight weight gain was a problem during the season. Lenz said she believes that’s why the Ravens didn’t choose her to be among the cheerleaders who traveled to New Orleans during the Super Bowl.

I’d been benched earlier in the season for a little bit of a weight gain,” Lenz said on Access Hollywood. “We do get weighed every week during the season, and you can’t fluctuate at all. I gained, I think it was 1.8 pounds. . . . They didn’t specifically say that [i was disqualified for weight gain], but when it comes down to it, that’s the only disciplinary action I had during the year. I got benched because of my weight, and they said that was the reason. Anybody that had disciplinary action taken during the season was automatically disqualified. However, there are some girls on the team that were also benched for their weight and are going. They just aren’t consistent and it isn’t fair, and that’s why I brought this to the attention of the fans because what they’re doing isn’t right.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/02/02/cheerleader-says-ravens-left-her-home-because-she-gained-weight/

This pic of her, and of the one behind her to the here right, doesn't really support her case.

They didnt have a pic linked with the story. But in the story they hotlink where she was benched during the season for her weight and had that pic.

I must be missing it too or the Ravens got some odd standards. She probably has a case though against them.

Roll her in flour, ect. I don't feel sorry for this chick in the context of "that's just the biz, babe" but fan reaction to this story has been overwhelmingly misogynistic and that's kinda sad.

Dont lie, you would love to give her your zinger.

chocolate-zinger.jpg

Roll her in flour, ect. I don't feel sorry for this chick in the context of "that's just the biz, babe" but fan reaction to this story has been overwhelmingly misogynistic and that's kinda sad.

you can't say "misogynistic" then three words later say " kinda" .

YOU AIN'T THE BOSS OF ME, PAL.

You'd expect a base level of woman hatin' in the male-dominated dempgraphic of contact sports fandom, but the comments this story has generated is beyond the pale. it doesn't make me flip my keyboard or anything, it just makes me kinda sad. Y'know?