Bored And Refuse To Watch Sports Channels.

Tuggle'2

So I am sitting here bored watching Eddie Murphy Raw sipping on a beer. I refuse to switch over and watch Superbowl coverage. I did last night and luckily caught it at the funny commercial special. As soon as that was over I quickly changed the channel.

I decided I would make early win / loss picks for the match ups next year. Here are mine.

Home

Carolina - Loss ( I think Carolina comes out greatly improved with Cam maturing a bit. )

New Orleans - Win ( I have a feeling NOLA will still struggle a bit next season. Not as much but some )

Tampa Bay - Win ( I think Tampa implodes again, and has a dismal year. )

St Louis - Win ( St Louis should be pretty good but we're at home and walk over them )

Seattle - loss ( I think Mr Wilson gets his revenge in the dome and squeaks one out )

New England - Win ( Great game , our house though. Nolan brings something special for Brady and Billichick. )

Jets - Win ( its the Jets...lol )

Washington - Win ( I honestly think RG3 won't be playing well coming off that terrible injury )

Away

Carolina - loss ( Their house , much improved think we lose )

New Orleans - Win ( I think this is the year we sweep NOLA )

Tampa Bay - Win ( Again , implode coming )

Arizona - Win ( Still no QB to speak of )

San Francisco - Win ( We get our revenge , and I actually think we dominate them )

Buffalo - Win ( Its Buffalo )

Miami - Win ( Tough game with Miami improving along with Tannehill. I think we win it though )

Green Bay - Loss ( Their house , close game but we lose )

So we end the season with 12 - 4 record taking the #2 seed this time. This was not very well thought out and like I said very early to be making said picks so take it lightly.

My picks, taken from a similar post earlier today:

HOME

Carolina Panthers: Win

New Orleans Saints: Win

Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Win

St. Louis Rams: Win

Seattle Seahawks: Narrow Win

New England Patriots: Even Narrower Win

New York Jets: Win

Washington Redskins: Embarrassing Blowout Win

AWAY

Carolina Panthers: Win

New Orleans Saints: Narrow Loss (after a nerve-wracking shootout game)

Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Win

Arizona Cardinals: Win

San Francisco 49ers: Unbelivably Gratifying Win

Buffalo Bills: That One Inexplicable "WTF" Loss (every season has one)

Miami Dolphins: Win

Green Bay Packers: Could go either way, but I'll say Narrow Win

I believe we'll continue to own teams at home and bust clubs in the mouth on the road. Another stellar season, 14-2 or 13-3.

Then we'll call up Lofton (or ask Reggie if he's on our squad) to get some pointers on which hoodoo spell to use for complete postseason domination and..... VOILA. Super Bowl Bound Bird Gang. You heard it here first.

I dont think we will lose to carolina or any option quarterback next year, nolan finds a way to shut them down. 15-1 we lose the last game because mike smith changes his routine again and doesnt let abe ruin his post season again smile.png

Yeah , I don't know why I feel that way. I just think Carolina sweeps us for some reason. It isn't really based on reality though. lol

52 years of it and the past 46 dedicated to my home team The Falcons.

I just cant get amped up on football anymore, but I do love TATF.

Not near as long but I hear you. I am trying to pump myself up but its proving hard to do. I think once the combine starts I will be my normal self.

I'm not making predictions till the actual schedule is released, since when we play a team has about as much bearing on the result as where. I'm with you on the "no sports" thing, though. I haven't watched NFL network or ESPN since before the loss. I also haven't been to ESPN.com or NFL.com either, and I probably won't until at least a week after the Superbowl.

Edited by hjerry

Guest Negatorris

I can't really accurately predict the wins and losses since I don't know how our team is going to look next season. If the D improves, we won't be swept by Carolina, even though it's like their former GM built the team to beat the Falcons. I actually think we can go undefeated at home if we wanted.

I'm not making predictions till the actual schedule is released, since when we play a team has about as much bearing on the result as where. I'm with you on the "no sports" thing, though. I haven't watched NFL network or ESPN since before the loss. I also haven't been to ESPN.com or NFL.com either, and I probably won't until at least a week after the Superbowl.

Yeah , Its like I said. There was little actual thought put into it knowing that its way to early to be worth a dam. All out of boredom and my refusal to partake in the Superbowl hype.

I can't really accurately predict the wins and losses since I don't know how our team is going to look next season. If the D improves, we won't be swept by Carolina, even though it's like their former GM built the team to beat the Falcons. I actually think we can go undefeated at home if we wanted.

LOL .. I really think that was his goal seriously.

Cam will be easier to deal with if we get stronger in the front 7, especially Dline. That's part of why NY dominated them, a strong Dline and Cam has no where to go. Unlike Wilson, RGIII, and Kapernick, Cam's more big (and hard to take down b/c of it) than fast.

Guest Negatorris

For some reason the Falcons don't do well on odd years lol.

2007 was a disaster. 2009 injuries killed us(or we make the playoffs for sure), and in 2011 our OL just broke down with the loss of Hawley. We've been improving though, and if the trend continues we go 11-5 lol.

For some reason the Falcons don't do well on odd years lol.

2007 was a disaster. 2009 injuries killed us(or we make the playoffs for sure), and in 2011 our OL just broke down with the loss of Hawley. We've been improving though, and if the trend continues we go 11-5 lol.

Well at least looking at each of those years we have definitely been improving each time. 2011 was fine until the playoffs. lol