Your Expectations For Next Season. Is Anything Less Than A Sb Appearance Unacceptable?

Snafu

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anything less than a playoff appearance is unacceptable. Mike Smith is not a leader of men and doesn't have what it takes to acheive the "ultimate goal". Back to back weeks we saw huge leads slip away. Ironically, we have a QB in Ryan who is a leader of men (like Tebow) but is lacking ability wise. Either way something drastic needs to happen so this team can take the next step.

The way this team seems to be getting better yearly I think we are there. I almost have this strange feeling that we play in the Superbowl next year but end up losing it. It just makes sense that's how it would go down for us. Whether it be because we got beat or because its in Jersey and its snowing.

I guess I'd have to know what the definition of "unacceptable" is.

Does it mean we have to fire people if we don't make the Super Bowl?

If that's the case, then no, I wouldn't say it in those terms.

It's hard making the Super Bowl. Very hard, and you have to have some luck too.

good post. i think we spent all of our luck tokens vs seattle.

Ironically, we have a QB in Ryan who is a leader of men (like Tebow) but is lacking ability wise.

He's not lacking in ability. When you put up 54 points on the NFL's top-two scoring defenses, I don't think I'd zero in on ability. He's lacking in the somewhat intangible category of "closing the deal." Something endemic to our team, it would appear.

To answer the OP's question ... I still think it's unacceptable that we're not playing in two days. Ridiculous, and unacceptable. But part of that is because we had everything set up so perfectly. A (relatively) injury-free year, the #1 seed, a commanding lead in the NFCCG.

What if we had major injuries next year? What if we had to win several away games to make it to the Superbowl? I would imagine that might influence my answer.

I'm hopeful for next season, no doubt ... but I'm still not really over the golden chance that we just blew. THAT was unacceptable.

Anything less than a Super Bowl victory will be disappointing for me. My expectations are now very high. The only thing that would be unacceptable to me, would be to not even make the playoffs. Losing in the first round of the playoffs would be almost unacceptable, depending on the situation. It will be much more difficult to post a 13-3 record next season, due to a much tougher schedule, combined with the Saints getting Sean Payton back as head coach, and losing the best TE of all time to retirement. Still I expect at the very least a 10-6 season with a playoff birth, and possibly up to a repeat of 13-3, and a better playoff scenario.

YouMadBro.gif

http://www.hawkaida.net/Falcons/JulioJonesTD-SanFrancisco.swf

Edited by Hawkaida

He's not lacking in ability. When you put up 54 points on the NFL's top-two scoring defenses, I don't think I'd zero in on ability. He's lacking in the somewhat intangible category of "closing the deal." Something endemic to our team, it would appear.

To answer the OP's question ... I still think it's unacceptable that we're not playing in two days. Ridiculous, and unacceptable. But part of that is because we had everything set up so perfectly. A (relatively) injury-free year, the #1 seed, a commanding lead in the NFCCG.

What if we had major injuries next year? What if we had to win several away games to make it to the Superbowl? I would imagine that might influence my answer.

I'm hopeful for next season, no doubt ... but I'm still not really over the golden chance that we just blew. THAT was unacceptable.

I've been obsessing over that game. This was our best chance to win the SB. In NEW ORLEANS of all places. And we should have. But stupid f*cking mistakes and undisciplined play killed us. A trip here, a bad flag there...makes me sick.

I've been obsessing over that game. This was our best chance to win the SB. In NEW ORLEANS of all places. And we should have. But stupid f*cking mistakes and undisciplined play killed us. A trip here, a bad flag there...makes me sick.

Indeed. The brush of Kap's facemask, the ridiculous fumble, the HD slip, our QB's shoulder literally out of joint for the two most important plays of the season. I mean, we couldn't have just ONE of those go the other way? lol.

Listening to Kellen Winslow (the Hall of Fame one) talking about San Diego lead the the league in scoring or passing? five years in a row and only sniffed the Super Bowl once. Stressed you need some breaks to go your way.

Way too early to say what would be acceptible and what would be unacceptable. We already know we've got a tough schedule. We don't know who they keep, who they dump, who they pick up in draft and what happens with FA's. Am not on the dump Smitty bandwagon but would not want to be in his shoes if they don't put in an "acceptable" performance though!

Indeed. The brush of Kap's facemask, the ridiculous fumble, the HD slip, our QB's shoulder literally out of joint for the two most important plays of the season. I mean, we couldn't have just ONE of those go the other way? lol.

All big factors, but Turner being out was the biggest. He was our best chance to string some first downs together and keep our D off the field.