Cannot Root For Joe Flacco......yes Its A Competition Thing With Me On Matt Ryan

g-dawg

Hope the Ravens lose....

I know Joe has played good in playoffs the last two years - and deserves credit for it.......I think the AFC is dearth of talent compared to the NFC though although even I have to admit that beating Colts/Denver/NE was impressive.

I'm sorry, i just don't think Joe Flacco can hold a candle to Matt Ryan - Matt has to do so much more for his team to win than does Flacco - Flacco can play good at end of games but he can check-in and check out of games as he wishes - Ryan needs to be good pretty much the entire game for the Falcons to win. Ryan does have more weapons but he carries the weight of the team since Ravens have a real defense who wins games - Matt especially has had to do more in 2012 with no running game.

It really chaps my hide to hear these guys mentioned in the same breath - Matt Ryan has played in 5 post season games and I think Flacco has played in twice as many.

I know it should not bother me the whole "Flacco vs. Ryan" thing but it does. Like every athlete, Flacco should "think" he's the best - but I know Matt Ryan - and you sir, Mr. Flacco - you are no Matt Ryan.

I will root for Niners to win for this reason alone.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Meh , if its just about QBs then I would prefer Flacco to win over Kaeperdink. I still think he is over hyped and an accident waiting to happen. It might have something to do with my dislike for running QBs though. I think the whole option thing is a fad that will be relatively short lived.

It doesn't bother me and I don't root against Joe. I kind of like the guy, but me and 32 GMs in the league know MR is the better QB. It's not a shot at Joe a lot of teams would like to have him. Joe just has a bigger arm and a little better athlete. He's not put in a position to carry the team. Ray Rice is the main guy on O for them. You stop Ray Rice and the running game you pretty much best them.

Meh , if its just about QBs then I would prefer Flacco to win over Kaeperdink. I still think he is over hyped and an accident waiting to happen. It might have something to do with my dislike for running QBs though. I think the whole option thing is a fad that will be relatively short lived.

Mobile QBs are more exciting, but I don't want the league to start turning into a buch of B and C QBs do to their running. RW is more a dual threat and if he keeps it up he's going to be very good. Kap is decent, but is getting to hyped up. Once DCs have time this offseason to watch film, study, game plan and draft a few guys then you will see it start fading away some of them. It's like the wildcat it got hot for a couple season now it's pretty much gone.

Joe has been better post season QB when it counts . Ryan is better regular season QB that has struggled for most part in playoffs . Flacco has outplayed 3 good to great QBs to get to Super Bowl . Ryan was out played by Wilson in his dome . Ryan played solid championship game but did not come through in the clutch and the fumble snap hurts

Rooting for the Ravens. A Flacco win would also shut up all the Ryan homers.

Funny how the majority of Ryan fans "homers" as you put it are pulling for Flacco. Such a cliche to use the word homer about being a fan of our pro-bowl franchise QB. Its like trying to make fun of somebody for liking blue label scotch. It just makes no sense. Now the people who are against Ryan are something to laugh at.

Mobile QBs are more exciting, but I don't want the league to start turning into a buch of B and C QBs do to their running. RW is more a dual threat and if he keeps it up he's going to be very good. Kap is decent, but is getting to hyped up. Once DCs have time this offseason to watch film, study, game plan and draft a few guys then you will see it start fading away some of them. It's like the wildcat it got hot for a couple season now it's pretty much gone.

I love Wilson. The kid has it all. I don't put him in the same category as Kaeperdink. Wilson is going to be great , he looks to pass before running. There is a huge difference in what they do.

Guest King Jigsaw

I've been mirroring the thoughts of OP for a couple weeks now. When asked who I thought should win the SB, I initially gave the answer of "I don't care." and left it at that. But if forced to pick a winner, I go with 9ers for just a few reasons.

1. The 49ers beat the Falcons. If you're going to lose to anyone, it should be to the champions, right? Plus, how many times in a row would that will be if SanFran wins?

2. I'm not a fan of Ray Lewis. I know, blasphemy. I'm tired of all the crying, of all the hype videos, and of all the **** speeches. Just give it a rest dude. If Baltimore wins, New Orleans will be reflooded by Ray Lewis' tears. (What, too soon for Katrina jokes?)

3. I don't want Flacco to get a ring before Ryan does. I don't think Flacco is as good as Ryan, I honestly don't. I'm tired of hearing all of the Flacco-Ryan comparisons, and if anyone is going to put some separation to that comparison, it should be Matty Ice.

Joe has been better post season QB when it counts . Ryan is better regular season QB that has struggled for most part in playoffs . Flacco has outplayed 3 good to great QBs to get to Super Bowl . Ryan was out played by Wilson in his dome . Ryan played solid championship game but did not come through in the clutch and the fumble snap hurts

You have a brand new account who's post mainly knock MR or the team. Nobody cares what you say.

Trying to bash Ryan must get harder and harder for you as the years go by.

Falcons did not lose to Niners because of Matt Ryan - they lost because they have no defense. The INT was not his fault, the fumble was a fluke but clearly Ryan's fault. His left shoulder was out of joint at the end of the game - he had a bad series - rushed the 4th down throw.....Ryan was not perfect in 2nd half - but he was dayum impressive in that game.

Matt Ryan is kickin' it up to another level - he is already separated from Joe Flacco but he will separate further as the years go on - just hope the Falcons as a team will have success - they won't if they don't get a defense though.

It doesn't bother me and I don't root against Joe. I kind of like the guy, but me and 32 GMs in the league know MR is the better QB. It's not a shot at Joe a lot of teams would like to have him. Joe just has a bigger arm and a little better athlete. He's not put in a position to carry the team. Ray Rice is the main guy on O for them. You stop Ray Rice and the running game you pretty much best them.

I'm with you on this.....

I know it bothers some people on here that Flacco's Ravens have won more meaningful games in the time he has been their QB, but it doesn't bother me in the least.

I know that Ryan measures his progress and performances against an ideal and a standard that is much higher and loftier than Flacco's achievements....that tells me everything I need to know about our guy....and satisfies me enough to not worry about Flacco.

Besides, I just kinda like the guy. He gets dumped on a lot and my inclination is to pull for people like that.

I've been mirroring the thoughts of OP for a couple weeks now. When asked who I thought should win the SB, I initially gave the answer of "I don't care." and left it at that. But if forced to pick a winner, I go with 9ers for just a few reasons.

1. The 49ers beat the Falcons. If you're going to lose to anyone, it should be to the champions, right? Plus, how many times in a row would that will be if SanFran wins?

2. I'm not a fan of Ray Lewis. I know, blasphemy. I'm tired of all the crying, of all the hype videos, and of all the **** speeches. Just give it a rest dude. If Baltimore wins, New Orleans will be reflooded by Ray Lewis' tears. (What, too soon for Katrina jokes?)

3. I don't want Flacco to get a ring before Ryan does. I don't think Flacco is as good as Ryan, I honestly don't. I'm tired of hearing all of the Flacco-Ryan comparisons, and if anyone is going to put some separation to that comparison, it should be Matty Ice.

well said - and you are the king - so the king has issued his edict.