3Rd Qtr Adjustments!

netrto4150

Sure Mike has had great success and he finally got that playoff win.

But you have to ask how is it that every team we play can make a half time adjustment and then rally against us yet Mike can't do the same for the Falcons?

And on a separate point, I don't think TG will make a decision until he sees what we do with our D! I really hope he comes back for one more but now it's up to MS & TD to prove if they have the real skill to build our D!

An adjustment is really not what's needed. Take those two games. We were up by 20, and 17. Asking the defense to totally shut those guys down would have been too much. All I would have asked for them to do is just stop them. Think about it. Our offense only scored 10 points in the second half of our two playoff games. That does not mean that our offense played bad. They actually moved the ball well. Had the defense mad a couple of stops. We would have blown those teams away. Sure, Matt Ryan had an INT, and a fumble. Playing against great defenses will cause that to happen. Those turnovers were not the losing factors.

Not saying that this isn't a valid point. I will say that our 3rd qtr #s this year are soooo much better then the previous few years. Nolan and Koetter actually did make some adjustments.

Yep, the players just didn't step up. Especially the defense. The only thing that you can take away from our offense in the 2 half of the two playoff games are the points scored. Check the other stats.

This entire point is moot, The kaepernick Personal foul was BS that extended a drive, the Nicholas Personal foul did the same thing, and the Ryan fumble. EVEN Akers missing that FG hurt us IMO... If we were down 7 instead of 4 our last drive would have been much higher tempo. Take away a single one of these plays and were in the Show. It sucks but to overanalyze the players isnt fair. Its the Team as a whole from the coaching staff down.

Usually it's the teams behind at half that require significant adjustments. When you're up 2 scores heading into the half, what adjustments are needed?

That sounds like a Mularkey philosophy. "It's working, why adjust?" That sets you up for exactly what we saw.

When you're dominating, you can be SURE the other team will make changes. You need to predict the most likely adjustments they will make and be prepared to immediately counter should you see them. You've always got to be thinking ahead of the other team.

That sounds like a Mularkey philosophy. "It's working, why adjust?" That sets you up for exactly what we saw.

When you're dominating, you can be SURE the other team will make changes. You need to predict the most likely adjustments they will make and be prepared to immediately counter should you see them. You've always got to be thinking ahead of the other team.

That's what I mean!

It's a game of chess and you need to be able to adjust by anticipating your opponent!

There's something missing in the coaching process that is not getting done during the half.

Let's hope the draft will at least give us some more options on the D side.

That's what I mean!

It's a game of chess and you need to be able to adjust by anticipating your opponent!

There's something missing in the coaching process that is not getting done during the half.

Let's hope the draft will at least give us some more options on the D side.

if we dont turn the ball over we win. lack of adjustments is a copout.

if we dont turn the ball over we win. lack of adjustments is a copout.

Blaming the loss on the turnovers when no points were scored on them is just lazy and agenda fueled. You can think that all you want but in the end we all know it was the defense only playing 1 qtr of football and not 4 qtrs that lost the game.

Blaming the loss on the turnovers when no points were scored on them is just lazy and agenda fueled. You can think that all you want but in the end we all know it was the defense only playing 1 qtr of football and not 4 qtrs that lost the game.

no points were scored exactly. We couldve scored on both of those possesions. Couldve been a 9 or 17 point lead.

no points were scored exactly. We couldve scored on both of those possesions. Couldve been a 9 or 17 point lead.

Losing the points we could of scored sucked. It really did and the offense isn't blame free. That said no points were put on the board by either team because of them. The defense was pathetic in the last 3 Qtrs. The pass rush was non existent and embarrassing.

Geez Louise, up 17 - 0 with way too much time left on the clock you have to let your opponent help you take some time off and make the game exciting. The D kept the game close cause they know that Dr. Ryan & Company can take it downfield for that nail biting last second score. Blame Harry Douglas for "I fall down go boom" on a wide open, totally unimpeded to the end zone catch that was the game winner, or better yet, fat *** Ahmad Brooks who crushed Matt's rib cage on purpose to take him out of the game. Matt was hobbled after that and had no accuracy further than 5 yards.

Ryan is the best QB in the league, and the Falcon's gave us a great season. Thank You.

Geez Louise, up 17 - 0 with way too much time left on the clock you have to let your opponent help you take some time off and make the game exciting. The D kept the game close cause they know that Dr. Ryan & Company can take it downfield for that nail biting last second score. Blame Harry Douglas for "I fall down go boom" on a wide open, totally unimpeded to the end zone catch that was the game winner, or better yet, fat *** Ahmad Brooks who crushed Matt's rib cage on purpose to take him out of the game. Matt was hobbled after that and had no accuracy further than 5 yards.

Ryan is the best QB in the league, and the Falcon's gave us a great season. Thank You.

2 big leads in 2 weeks blown because of poor defense. I don't know about you but I'm not a fan of playing it close in the playoffs. Just cause the crap worked all season it was bound to backfire on them and it did. I hope coach Smith learned something from it