Why Is Hd So Loved?

ChickenBiscuit

But why do you guys like HD so much?

The dude has some decent speed, but has zero elusiveness or ability to break tackles. His vision is meh and he's not even the WR at screens, he's 4th best.

To add on top of that, the guy is small and can hardly return punts along with being injured most of the time. Why is it that you guys want to see this kid get playing time and say he can be a solid #2 or #1 receiver at other places? Like where? The 2011 Jags or something? I can't think of a single GM that would seriously consider him as anything but a role slot receiver.

And one more cherry on top of this sh*t cake, the dude is not clutch. His only shot at recognition and he fricken trips and practically drops one of the most easy catches of his life while Julio is out there lighting the defense up making ridiculous catches like there's no tomarrow.

Serious question, here. Why do so many people love HD?

Edited by ChickenBiscuit

The dude has some decent speed, but has zero elusiveness or ability to break tackles. His vision is meh and he's not even the WR at screens, he's 4th best.

To add on top of that, the guy is small and can hardly return punts along with being injured most of the time. Why is it that you guys want to see this kid get playing time and say he can be a solid #2 or #1 receiver at other places? Like where? The 2011 Jags or something? I can't think of a single GM that would seriously consider him as anything but a role slot receiver.

And one more cherry on top of this sh*t cake, the dude is not clutch. His only shot at recognition and he fricken trips and practically drops one of the most easy catches of his life while Julio is out there lighting the defense up making ridiculous catches like there's no tomarrow.

Go watch any game winning drive this season and look at how many times HD comes up in them... dude is clutch as ****, he slipped once.

Also why don't you like him? name any #3 recievers better than him?

Lol HD has one of the lowest drop rates in the NFC South. Also for everyone complaining about the lack of production from our #3 WR and #4/#5 passing option.

HD had 396 yards ,38 rec from 59 targets

#2 Wrs

Vikings #2 had 449 yards, 40 rec from 72 targets

Jets #2 had 359 yards, 29 rec from 53 targets

Dolphins #2 had 778 yards, 61 rec from 104 targets

Bills #2 had 443 yards, 41 rec from 67 targets

Browns #2 had 647 yards, 53 rec from 91 targets

Bears #2 had 375 yards ,29 rec from 49 targets.

Raiders #2 had 606 yards, 41 rec from 80 targets

From another thread... People just don't know how much #3 WRs with a great TE can actually do.

Edited by kane#7

Generally I think this board me included sometimes over rate guys that don't get enough playing time or touches. This isn't the case with Douglas, yea the stumble sucked but the guy has skills that would have to be replaced. And honestly they have enough holes to fill, I imagine #33 is done and with the looming retirement of Gonzo don't really need another part to replace on offense. They have to concentrate on defense this off season

Go watch any game winning drive this season and look at how many times HD comes up in them... dude is clutch as ****, he slipped once.

Also why don't you like him? name any #3 recievers better than him?

G.Jennings and J.Nelson are the #1 and #2 WR in GB...then I would take all 3 of their remaining WR over HD any day (J.Jones, D.Driver, and R.Cobb)....

Also, I'd consider E.Sanders (PIT), P.Garcon/S.Moss (WAS, whichever is #3), T.Ginn/R.Moss (SF, again, whichever you consider #3), TY HIlton (IND), L.Moore (NO), D.Hester/A.Jeffrey (again, whichever you think is their #3), J.Edelman (NE)....

I'm sure there are others...

Before you flame away, make sure you note that I would consider...except on the GB guys, Id take any of them...

A comparison of WR#3

2012 regular season total offense

#1 NE --WR,WR,TE,TE,RB, [6]WR#3 --Edelman 21 catches/ 235 yds

#2 NO --TE,WR,WR,TE,RB, [6] WR#3 --Henderson 22 catches/ 316 yds

#3 Det--WR,TE,RB,FB,RB.WR, [7] WR#3 --Burleson 27 catches/ 240 yds

#8 Atl--TE,WR,WR,RB, [5]WR#3 ---Douglas 38 catches/ 396 yds

^^^^^^ From Delaigle

Of those 38 catches by Douglas, 16 were in the 4th qtr and 10 of those 1st dwns

HD is a favorite of mine because he played at Louisville...won't apologize for that.

Nevertheless, If he was a problem, preventing the Falcons form a SB, I'd be happy if he left...he isn't.

I don't know what some fans expect from, realistically, a 4th option in the passing game(Quizz/MT/Snelling).

Edited by Mid-Nite-Toker

I can't speak for anyone else but I can speak for myself.

1. He is a team player. He does not get a lot of opportunity but works hard always.

2. He is home-grown. Grew up a Falcon Fan. He loves the Falcons not just because he is paid by them but also because they are his team. We feel like he is one of us really.

3. He has shown glimpses of explosion. Not as much since the injury but every now and then you are like 'wow' there he is. We cannot say that his lack of production is not because of his lack of opportunity but we suspect that is what it is. I mean after all there is only one ball on a team with 3 1,000 receivers (I know Tony was a little short but you get the point)

4. He just seems to be a great guy that you really want to see him succeed.

I can't speak for anyone else but I can speak for myself.

1. He is a team player. He does not get a lot of opportunity but works hard always.

2. He is home-grown. Grew up a Falcon Fan. He loves the Falcons not just because he is paid by them but also because they are his team. We feel like he is one of us really.

3. He has shown glimpses of explosion. Not as much since the injury but every now and then you are like 'wow' there he is. We cannot say that his lack of production is not because of his lack of opportunity but we suspect that is what it is. I mean after all there is only one ball on a team with 3 1,000 receivers (I know Tony was a little short but you get the point)

4. He just seems to be a great guy that you really want to see him succeed.

Wow, I used a lot of 'We' for a post that was speaking for just myself.laugh.png

Edited by Pringle

G.Jennings and J.Nelson are the #1 and #2 WR in GB...t

hen I would take all 3 of their remaining WR over HD any day (J.Jones, D.Driver, and R.Cobb)....

Yer Randall Cobb got 104 targets... not a #3 (didn't crack 1000 yards)

James Jones got 88... not a #3

D Driver is retired now and only had 8 receptions

Also, I'd consider E.Sanders (PIT), 74 Targets, for 44 Rec, 626 yards (15 more targets, 6 more receptions but has very good YPC) but he will be #2 next year because I am sure Wallace is gone.

P.Garcon/S.Moss (WAS, whichever is #3),

Both could be considered the #1 and #2 because they got the most targets in the team

P Garcon 67 Targets, 44 rec and 633 yards

S Moss 61 Targets, 41 rec, 573 yards

T.Ginn/R.Moss (SF, again, whichever you consider #3),

T,Ginn will probably not be a 9er next year

T.Ginn, 2 targets 2 receptions, 1 yard

R.Moss, 51 targets, 28 rec, 434 yards

TY HIlton (IND),

played very well prob best #3 in the NFL

91 targets (ALOT more than HD), 50 rec, 861 yards

L.Moore (NO),

L.Moore is a #2

105 targets, 65 rec, 1041 yards

D.Hester/A.Jeffrey (again, whichever you think is their #3),

These two are just terrible.

A Jeffery 48 targets, 24 receptions, 367 yards

D Hester 40 targets, 23 rec, 242 yards

J.Edelman (NE)....

He is good but in the same situation as HD... too much skill in front of him

32 Targets, 21 rec, 235 yards

I'm sure there are others...

Before you flame away, make sure you note that I would consider...except on the GB guys, Id take any of them...

I could never say I "love" HD. I like to think of it more as intrigued by HD. If he was to get more targets could he make the plays we need him to. I will say that several times this year he dropped balls , missed easy catches , and slipped*cough when we did need him to make the play. That said he has also made catches in other situations where he helped win the game hands down.