I Was Supposed To Be On An Airplane Right Now

JOEinPHX

I was booked on an early morning flight from Phoenix to New Orleans. I had my hotel room lined up. Tickets to the game were arranged. Everything was good to go except for one small glitch.

To be honest, I wasn't looking forward to spending time in New Orleans during Super Bowl week. I don't dislike the city per se, but drunk and stupid is what that place does best and it all gets magnified in situations like this. Getting into the better restaurants would have been impossible. Avoiding vomit, skanky hookers and God-knows-what-else on the streets would have been impossible. But three hours on Sunday would have been glorious.

I'm also not looking forward to a cold-weather, outdoor game in a New Jersey swamp next February, but I'm gearing up for that one already. Never say die.

Yeah, I could've got a free ticket from my old boss who just moved to Atlanta and works with the GWCC and Levy's. He emailed me the Friday prior and told me to clear my schedule for this weekend. I was going to fly down to Mobile and drive a rental to New Orleans.

That loss really stings now.

Yeah, I could've got a free ticket from my old boss who just moved to Atlanta and works with the GWCC and Levy's. He emailed me the Friday prior and told me to clear my schedule for this weekend. I was going to fly down to Mobile and drive a rental to New Orleans.

That loss really stings now.

I thought I was past the sting, but when I woke up this morning and remembered I could have been on my way to the game it came back pretty strong. But these Falcons are a long way from done. I sincerely believe I'll be freezing my *** off in the Meadowlands a year from now.

I'm going next werkend for mardi gras. Never been, hope its fun. I'm also hoping that the amount of visitors will negate too much Taintness...

I lived in New Orleans for 6 years and Mardi Gras was a blast!! Be sure to try the king cakes. As for the parades ... just know there are family friendly areas and "almost anything goes" sections. Do your homework ahead of time. Catching parade throws is a blast!!

So I'm actually still going. I bought a plane ticket a while back when it hurt less financially. I got friends in NOLA. So this would have been GREAT. Now it's downgraded to merely enjoyable. Only thing is, I don't have a ticket to the game or any other festivities.