Special Teams Need To Improve

ol'_dirty2

Our kick and punt coverage units were very solid if not outstanding this past season. However, part of the evaluative process should include upgrading the return game. It might not just be a player here and a player there, but it could be something that simple. Either way, philosophical or personnel wise we need to be more aggressive. We nearly popped a couple on kickoff but punts need to be returned at a more effective clip. Thoughts?

I think a lot of it has to do with the rules that the NFL has put into place for player safety. Both the return men and the NFL are more aware of the dangers of returning kicks which is why you've seen less returns on punts in the last few years. Kickoffs, obviously, have been virtually eliminated from games because of the move of the kickoff.

Guest Fibonacci/Mashburn

Let Armstrong go. problem solved.

we had Douglas even try at the end of the year and he barely got anymore. we need a better route to take.

- and I see Armstrong as the type of guy who will ride on the train of system forever. I honestly think he was the reason he stuck with franks forever. and that tells me he will ride this system out forever.