To Be Or Not To Be...the Father...

Rave

Well, I received child support papers today. Apparantly 6 years ago an ex of mine had a child. A little baby girl. I had no idea. Now today I find out that I may be a father like this...really? This had got to be the worst possible way to find out.

My court date is in 2 weeks and the first thing Im going to have them do is a paternity test. If it comes out that Im the dad shell have A LOT of explaining to do....que Ricky...

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. How tasteless? There really should be mandatory paternity tests for ALL pregnancies in the US.

I personally know of cases where either the mother lied TO HER HUSBAND about the child's paternity or was herself unsure of who the father was and just picked the most convenient guy.

I've always thought similarly. If you've got nothing to hide, you shouldn't have a problem with a state-mandated test.

Yep, I've dealt with this before. I know in TX you have the option of taking a DNA test prior to signing any child support papers, do it. Once you sign and start paying you are considered the father, and it takes an act of Congresss to overturn it, even with DNA proof. Something about the parent child bond. I am paying child support on a 19 year old, even though my divorce decree states 18. Why? Because he failed to pass a grade in high school. So I am held accountable, even though he lives with his mama... GO figure.

Did you read the OP? Because in it he says that he received child support papers and that's how he found out about the kid.

I missed that. Find out if she is married or living with someone else. Might wanna call a lawyer. 2 weeks doesnt give you much time. You might need to get a extension. But you can also see what your legal rights are in your state.

I would also try and track her and see what she is upto. Like is she married (that could be important if they live together.) also just see if she lives with a man.

What id be scared of is them back tracking 6 years of no support. I knew a guy whos girl left the state and he was in another country in the merchant marines. he came back to find out she filed papers and he didn't get them. The state of cali wanted like 50 grand back support and it went up every month.

It might be something simple you can work out with her though. Some states i think you have to file papers if you are applying for state aid like food stamps. If thats the case maybe you all can talk through it. But since she served papers already i doubt that. But might be worth a try.

The most amazing things in all of this is:

The woman would admit to EN/RAVE even having sex with her. She should forgo any monetary value just so she does not have to admit this

And that the good Lord would ever allow EN/RAVE to procreate!

So what you are saying is that you think you are good at judging what dudes are good or not good to admit having sex with.

okey dokey, smokey.