The Very First Dirtybirdinthe610 Full 1St Round Mock Draft On The Afmb With A Poll Question

Who Should The Atlanta Falcons Pick In The 1st Round Of The 2013 NFL Draft ?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Who Should Our Pick At #30 Be ?

• Alex Okafor DE,Texas
    • Ezekiel Ansah DE,BYU
    • Tyler Eifert TE,Notre Dame
    • Zach Ertz TE,Stanford
    • Someone else and if so who ?

1.Kansas City Chiefs-Luke Joeckel OT,Texas A&M

2.Jacksonville Jaguars-Damontre Moore DE/OLB,Texas A&M

3.Oakland Raiders-Star Lotulelei DT,Utah

4.Philadelphia Eagles-Jarvis Jones OLB,Georgia

5.Detroit Lions-Bjoern Werner DE,Florida State

6.Cleveland Browns-DeMarcus Milliner CB,Alabama

7.Arizona Cardinals-Eric Fisher OT,Central Michigan

8.Buffalo Bills-Geno Smith QB,West Virginia

9.New York Jets-Barkevious Mingo DE/OLB,LSU

10.Tennessee Titans-Chance Warmack OG,Alabama

11.San Diego Chargers-Lane Johnson OT,Oklahoma

12.Miami Dolphins-Keenan Allen WR,West Virginia

13.Tampa Bay Buccanneers-Johnathan Banks CB,Mississippi State

14.Carolina Panthers-Johnathan Haskins DT,Ohio State

15.New Orleans Saints-Sam Montgomery DE/OLB,LSU

16.St. Louis Rams-Kenny Vaccaro S,Texas

17.Pittsburgh Steelers-Dion Jordan DE/OLB,Oregon

18.Dallas Cowboys-Sheldon Richardson DT,Missouri

19.New York Giants-Alec Ogletree ILB,Georgia

20.Chicago Bears-Jonathan Cooper OG,North Carolina

21.Cincinnati Bengals-Matt Elam S,Florida

22.St. Louis Rams(From Washington)-Cordarrelle Patterson WR,Tennessee

23.Minnesota Vikings-Justin Hunter WR,Tennessee

24.Indianapolis Colts-Jonathan Jenkins DT,Georgia

25.Seattle Seahawks-Kawaan Short DT,Purdue

26.Green Bay Packers-Barrett Jones C/OG/OT,Alabama

27.Houston Texans-Kevin Minter ILB,LSU

28.Denver Broncos-Desmond Trufant CB,Washington

29.New England Patriots-Sharrif Floyd DT,Florida

30.Atlanta Falcons-Ezekiel Ansah DE,BYU

31.Baltimore Ravens-Manti Te'o ILB,Notre Dame

32.San Francisco 49ers-Margus Hunt DE/DT,SMU

Edited by DirtyBirdInThe610

Although I did have us drafting DE like Ansah I do like Okafor as well but he's starting to get too many comparisons to Ray Edwards that's making me stray away from him,so I'm starting to think we should draft a TE,I would prefer Tyler Eifert from Notre Dame but I wouldn't be mad with Zach Ertz from Stanford as the pick.

Although I did have us drafting DE like Ansah I do like Okafor as well but he's starting to get too many comparisons to Ray Edwards that's making me stray away from him,so I'm starting to think we should draft a TE,I would prefer Tyler Eifert from Notre Dame but I wouldn't be mad with Zach Ertz from Stanford as the pick.

Edwards was more athletic whereas Okafor relies on technique. Also, there's a big difference in work ethic.

Gonna go ahead and say that the Bengals take Ansah instead of Elam and go for a safety in the 2nd if they want a safety. Seems like they are letting Michael Johnson go and focusing on retaining RT Andre Smith. Ansah is an easy replacement for Johnson, at 1/40th the price.

Looks like DJ Fluker could be BPA for us, and he'd be a Day 1 starter at RT or RG. I think he'd be an absolute beast of a RG who would also be a good pass protector. Konz at C, Fluker at RG, and Holmes at RT for the long-term gives us a big time advantage on offense.

Hunt would be a good add, needs development but would be an immediate 3-4 DE starter for us and a 4-3 LDE starter for us. Big time potential, I like him with Nolan.

Tank Carradine is also a guy I really like that I think has a huge ceiling, and he could be a very good 4-3 DE / 3-4 OLB for us. If he didn't get hurt, he'd be a Top 15 guy right now.

Xavier Rhodes, the CB from FSU, could also be BPA at this juncture. He's a pure cover CB prospect with great size and speed -- he really locked down one half of the field for Florida State and was a big part of their great defense this year. He would allow us to move on comfortably from Grimes, and maybe even save a little money by letting Dunta go (and then we can sign a free agent DE/OLB like Cliff Avril).

Eddie Lacy/Marcus Lattimore, RB -- I could also see of them being the pick if the draft fell this way. We need RB help, and if we aren't signing Reggie Bush then we'll need to draft one. One is an instant start with Pro Bowl potential and the latter is an instant contributor and Year 2 starter with All-Pro potential. I love Lattimore. Hoping we can get him in the 2nd round, but it seems like he may sneak into the end of the 1st like Willis McGahee to a genius team like the 49ers (long-term replacement for Gore).

The more and more I think about it, there definitely is not going to be a DE worth taking in the 1st round, and CB is probably going to be the best player available between Xavier Rhodes, Johnathan Banks, David Emerson, Darius Slay, and others.

We can afford to sign one of the top free agent DEs - not the second tier crap like Ray - if we cut Dunta, and then draft a CB in the 1st round.

Xavier Rhodes at CB and Cliff Avril at DE or Dunta Robinson at CB and Alex Okafor at DE.....it's not even a trade off. The first scenario is an upgrade at both positions, and I actually like Dunta. Makes much more sense. Would be even better if we could pull it off by just asking Dunta to restructure down from his $9 million cap figure to $4 million and releasing Turner so we could have Asante and Rhodes on the outside, Dunta in the slot and McClain as the dime back and nickel back depending on the matchup. That's a great secondary, and Dunta was always meant to be playing in the slot.

If Grimes never got hurt we would 100% all be talking about him in the same breath as Michael Turner as having to release him at $9 million in cap space, and after his season of poor pass coverage, helmet on helmet hits, and McClain's emergence. No reason to say we have to keep him now, we can still replace him with a superior cover CB even if it isn't Grimes who I think should walk.

Looks like DJ Fluker could be BPA for us, and he'd be a Day 1 starter at RT or RG. I think he'd be an absolute beast of a RG who would also be a good pass protector. Konz at C, Fluker at RG, and Holmes at RT for the long-term gives us a big time advantage on offense.

I like this. I think Fluker is a **** of a talent and agree that he would have a huge/ immediate impact. The only thing holding me back is the fact that D is the big issue. Give me FA help on D side (contributor on DL and LB) and I'll take a Fluker, Williams (DT UNC), Lemonaire (OLB/DE AU) with the first 3 picks all day long.