Just A Thought

Knight of God

What if TD's idea was really for Konz to be the long term RG and to draft a Center early this year? I lol'd but the draft could end up looking like this...

1 - Barrett Jones C

2 - Robert Alford CB

3 - Marcus Lattimore RB

4 - Vance McDonald TE

4 - J.C/ Tretter OG

5 - Meshak Williams OLB

6 - Cornelius Washington DE

7 - Marquess Wilson WR

Just a thought. I would not be thrilled, but stranger things...

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If Barret Jones is available at 30, I think it's a definite possibility. I mean, the guy is pretty much considered the biggest "Can't Miss" Center ever right?

It's not something I am rooting for, but it could happen.

Having watched all the games...mmmm...lol

Let's just say that there are benefits to playing OL for Bama...

KoG:

I have a thought for ya.

How about we invest in an OLine that can come out in

the 3rd and 4th quarters of play and impose their will

on the other defenses?

Singletary was not a good Head Coach, but at least he had the wisdom

to draft an O Line that has matured into one of the very best.

How Dare You suggest that we draft any position other than DE in the first 2 rounds.

I wasn't giving my opinion. Just popular sentiment.

I haven't watched all of Bama's games, but I do know the reputation of Barrett Jones.

He's smart and technically sound...he also gets pushed around until he figures out leverage player to player. If we get him, it won't be the worst move that we could make as he plays ALL five OL positions including LT.

KoG:

I have a thought for ya.

How about we invest in an OLine that can come out in

the 3rd and 4th quarters of play and impose their will

on the other defenses?

Singletary was not a good Head Coach, but at least he had the wisdom

to draft an O Line that has matured into one of the very best.

How Dare You suggest that we draft any position other than DE in the first 2 rounds.

LOL!!! This is just based on past drafts by TD and what it SEEMS that he looks for. All of these guys have something in common except Lattimore. Low ceiling/high floor. All have decent enough character and leadership skills. Especially Lattimore and Washington.

Guest Fibonacci/Mashburn

Sorry but we did good enough with our Offense to get the NFC championship.....it is long due to improve the heck out of our front seven on defense.

He's smart and technically sound...he also gets pushed around until he figures out leverage player to player. If we get him, it won't be the worst move that we could make as he plays ALL five OL positions including LT.

yeah wasn't he all american at LT last year? and at guard the year before? what is his injury, just curious, I just know he's recovering from something, but don't remember what it is.

and God forBID anyone in our FO even considers marcus lattimore........

Guest King Jigsaw

I wouldn't be opposed to taking Barrett Jones because he and Konz between the two of them can play 8 spots, meaning we wouldn't go into panic mode if someone on the line got hurt.

Sorry but we did good enough with our Offense to get the NFC championship.....it is long due to improve the heck out of our front seven on defense.

Not saying that I don't agree, but let's think in terms of reality when it comes to the GM and not just our own personal wish list.

TD drafts are based on family. In other words, they want high character guys who have leadership qualities. He never said anything about wanting the most talented men in the league. Just men who can be coached and are smart.

My wishlist is far different than this. There is a difference between a mock based on team, mock based on want, and mock based on need. TD drafts based on team and I would be surprised if our draft looked anything like any of our mocks including mine.

Keep in mind, this is NOT a mock. This is a reality guide based on what I have seen these past few years.

Low ceiling/high floor. All have decent enough character and leadership skills. Especially Lattimore and Washington.

Low ceiling/high floor ?

What kind of Double / Tripple talk is that?

Laurel and Hardy aside, You have put together the only mock draft that I have found

to have Foundation and Merit.

The only tweaking that I would suggest would be if Gonzalez plays one more season.

I would like to see this mock with /Gonzalez contingency on my desk by 5:00pm today.

I would then believe this to be how this years draft shapes up, by round and position.

Good Job Mang. wink.png

Low ceiling/high floor ?

Laurel and Hardy aside, You have put together the only mock draft that I have found

The only tweaking that I would suggest would be if Gonzalez plays one more season.

I would like to see this mock with /Gonzalez contingency on my desk by 5:00pm today.

I would then believe this to be how this years draft shapes up, by round and position.

Good Job Mang. wink.png

Means somewhere around average. Slighly above to slightly below. Won't stand out or suck. Well, like I say man. Its based on how I view TD as a GM.

Good enough to Rise Up and fall flat in the third quarter ???

The O Line is a diaster in the making for the 2013 season, and you will find that I do not go

on a rampage regarding positions without it being true.

Ask KoG about my warpath on the CB's in 2009,,,,,,,,,I went Vlad the Impaler

on the forums by week 3 of that pre season.

Oh what a mess we had with our DB's.

Low ceiling/high floor ?

Good Job Mang. wink.png

Means good out of college but won't get better than that by much.

Lisfranc foot injury.

a foot injury that had his leg flopping around like the knee was disconnected? and the other knee the year before??? just say no to marcus lattimore

from an article I just read: http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2013/story/_/id/8871335/2013-nfl-draft-marcus-lattimore-south-carolina-gamecocks-running-back-hopes-ready-2013-season

Once considered a likely first-round pick, Lattimore saw his draft stock plummet on Oct. 27, when he dislocated his right knee and tore several ligaments while being tackled against Tennessee

Edited by papachaz

Guest Fibonacci/Mashburn

Not saying that I don't agree, but let's think in terms of reality when it comes to the GM and not just our own personal wish list.

TD drafts are based on family. In other words, they want high character guys who have leadership qualities. He never said anything about wanting the most talented men in the league. Just men who can be coached and are smart.

My wishlist is far different than this. There is a difference between a mock based on team, mock based on want, and mock based on need. TD drafts based on team and I would be surprised if our draft looked anything like any of our mocks including mine.

Keep in mind, this is NOT a mock. This is a reality guide based on what I have seen these past few years.

agreed there is different mocks.

but TD should be learning on team needs now instead of this family stuff of leaders of their D or O.

eventually ; if not already, we are going to have to many chiefs and only a few Indians......and that will lead to big locker room trouble.

a foot injury that had his leg flopping around like the knee was disconnected? and the other knee the year before??? just say no to marcus lattimore

from an article I just read: http://espn.go.com/n...ady-2013-season

Once considered a likely first-round pick, Lattimore saw his draft stock plummet on Oct. 27, when he dislocated his right knee and tore several ligaments while being tackled against Tennessee

That was Barrett Jones I was describing.

agreed there is different mocks.

but TD should be learning on team needs now instead of this family stuff of leaders of their D or O.

eventually ; if not already, we are going to have to many chiefs and only a few Indians......and that will lead to big locker room trouble.

I didn't say high egos. I said high character guys with good leadership. To be a good leader, you have to be willing to follow.