Fibonacci: Offseason And Draft

Guest fibonacci

Guest Fibonacci/Mashburn

Off season cuts.

- Turner. WE can pick up fresh legs and someone who knows how to hit the center of the line hard.

- Dunta.

trade back and get a second and a third.

Rams will be looking to improve their team the best they can, and they have a slew of picks. (Heck it would not surprise me if they tried trading a pick for Dunta as well).

anyhow I see we need a lot of help....I'm not one of these who says we are just a couple pieces away.

Trade our 30 pick for Rams 47 and 79 pick

79 = 195

47 = 430

30 = 620

So now we have two seconds.

two thirds.

two fourths.

That is well enough to grab our starters we need. But I say trade our 7th, 6th, 5th, and 4th to move up 99th spot with the eagles.

- eagles need to pick a ton of guys because they are maxed in cap space. and when you are maxed in cap space it is time to draft as much as you can.

SO here it is.

I would like to get a top....not the top DE FA. and then Draft a DE in the second.

FA signing is Cliff Avril

cliff-avril.jpg

- De3troit is unlikey to re-sign him.

- coming off 3 consectutive seasons of having 9-11.5 sacks.

- we need someone to make Biermann a true LB/DE.

- we need someone to help Abraham out.

- and Abraham and Avril can aid in helping out our second round draft pick.

47 pick

Alex Okafor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGo3BVi_7Do

- Peterson is going to retire. he would have already been gone if it was not for Tapatu

- Nicholas was man handled by TE's.

so we can take this guy to aid in the LB field for now and be groomed to be a DE more so down the road by Abe and Avril.

Pick 60.

Khaseem Greene

- well this is what we need to replace nicholas.

- He knows how to cover unlike someone who almost cost us in the seahwaks game and DID cost us in the niners game.

- Now I do not know about if smith will ride the Nicholas train like he likes to do. but he needs to go get this guy and see if he can perform better in coverage then Nicholas can. if the guy looks good, then cut Nicholas before 2014.

79 pick

Kwame Geathers

hi-res-132011075_crop_exact.jpg?w=650&h=440&q=75

Everyone tries to tell me this guy will be there in the third and probably fourth. but if anyone watched him, can see he is not feeding off of big john jenkins and has moves.

- he is 355 pounds and can move.

- some say with his height being 6-6 he is to tall.

- - go ask to tall johns that question

- - and plus with those long arms he can help in the run and help in 3-4 and help make it harder for QB's to see over.

so yeah I say take this guy while you can cause he worth it.

pick 92.

someone pointed out going with a safety instead of RB....just cause there was not a big hole hitter going to be found in this draft.

so with the 92 pick

Jonathan Cyprien.

I do not know anything on him. but he can move around, therefore he would be a good guy to get for his size and being able to play all around.

- maybe with that 124 pick we can find someone who can only hit holes hard. I'll do research latter.

pick 98-102 not sure who would trade. thinking eagles.

JJ wilcox.

214lb SS. this is the guy who would fit into our scheme with Nolan. with Dunta gone, we will need a big guy, and this guy has more weight.

(now I say no way Grimes comes back. but he might actually with Dunta being cut, grimes might see that he should not be asking for a big deal. plus grimes is coming off of injurie"s". so we might be able to sign him to a two year deal for a total of 10.)

now who we get with out 124 pick and on back, I honestly have no idea.

but if we can trade back and pick up Avril I really think the is no reason we go home next season without a win in metlife stadium.

Guest Fibonacci/Mashburn

(this is coming from someone who likes Turner. rooted for him. mentioned at the start of the season, he would have around a 1,000 in total yards and 8-10 TD's.)

(Dunta is a great player. but honestly we need someone on the line more so then someone in the back.

- If the line cannot do their job, then eventually anyone can get open.

- - Dunta can only be good for so long, before 15 seconds passes and someone gets open.)

there fore it is more important to get better on the front seven then it is to keep a strong secondary.

And trust me, this kills me to let Dunta walk or possible traded. He is one of my favorites and will be known as one of my favorites......but honestly it is better to get the front better then it is to keep a strong secondary.

Guest Fibonacci/Mashburn

Also I am not huge on TE. people should go and look at what took place in 2008 vs 2009.

Don't get me wrong Tony was a huge plus. but we were fine in 2008. and in fact in 08 we did go 11-5 vs 2009 going 9-7.

now in 2010 we did go 13-3. but face it people we had a good team before Tony came here. therefore it is not essential for us to get a top TE player or even get one in FA.

and did people see Coofman catch? he will only improve more and more. Coofman did that catch with no Tony on the field. and made a catch just like one of Tony's hardest catches.

Guest Fibonacci/Mashburn

You misspelled your own name...SMH

this is the time I need to be negged....hands down. lol

I was typing faster then my mind can think

I think instead of getting randall we should grab a CB

yeah that might be a better idea.

Also I am not huge on TE. people should go and look at what took place in 2008 vs 2009.

Don't get me wrong Tony was a huge plus. but we were fine in 2008. and in fact in 08 we did go 11-5 vs 2009 going 9-7.

now in 2010 we did go 13-3. but face it people we had a good team before Tony came here. therefore it is not essential for us to get a top TE player or even get one in FA.

and did people see Coofman catch? he will only improve more and more. Coofman did that catch with no Tony on the field. and made a catch just like one of Tony's hardest catches.

One catch gotta see chase do it more to be a believer

Guest Fibonacci/Mashburn

I think instead of getting randall we should grab a CB

I cannot stand LSU.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KBPaoS6odk

but this guy does try his hardest hands down. but I would like someone with more size for Nolan nickel guy. but Nolan might want to stay away for that. since he could add help in coverage.

Now I do not know much on this guy. but he is over 200 pounds and according to the videos he does seem to play all over the place, therefore he would do well at nickel.

thoughts?

Guest Fibonacci/Mashburn

Avril will get overpaid by someone.

and with turner and Robinson cut, we might be that team.

sorry but we need a hard line. as you saw we had probably the best secondary any team has had in a long time, but when our line gives a QB 10+ seconds to throw every single down......well we need someone who can help us big time.

and we can sign him to 2013 for 7. then 2014 we can make it 2014. to even it out.

and with turner and Robinson cut, we might be that team.

sorry but we need a hard line. as you saw we had probably the best secondary any team has had in a long time, but when our line gives a QB 10+ seconds to throw every single down......well we need someone who can help us big time.

and we can sign him to 2013 for 7. then 2014 we can make it 2014. to even it out.

Avril wants huge money. He turned down a 3 year 30mill deal last year from the Lions that would of had him making close to 10mill a season. That is a big gamble to give a player that type of money knowing that he only averaged 5 sacks before Suh was drafted and then had a big jump in production afterwards.

Avril wants huge money. He turned down a 3 year 30mill deal last year from the Lions that would of had him making close to 10mill a season. That is a big gamble to give a player that type of money knowing that he only averaged 5 sacks before Suh was drafted and then had a big jump in production afterwards.

Never thought about the suh factor. He does want to much money to not be elite

Guest Fibonacci/Mashburn

he is also playing with a team that has no chances of the playoffs.....that is a big factor to consider as well. so if we offered him a 4 year at 38 million with 15 being guaranteed......I think he might bight knowing we can still get to a playoff/nfc championship without him easily.

he is also playing with a team that has no chances of the playoffs.....that is a big factor to consider as well. so if we offered him a 4 year at 38 million with 15 being guaranteed......I think he might bight knowing we can still get to a playoff/nfc championship without him easily.

Winning doesn't always matter to players when it comes to money and new contracts.

Mario Williams could of stayed with the Texans who are a playoff caliber team but instead went to a losing Bills team because they offered him the biggest contract.

Edited by DawnOfThemBirds

Guest Fibonacci/Mashburn

Winning doesn't always matter to players when it comes to money and new contracts.

Mario Williams could of stayed with the Texans who are a playoff caliber team but instead went to a losing Bills team because they offered him biggest contract.

sometimes a player does onl;y care about money.....some care about a ring and money.

but we have to get a proven player on the line DE or DT.

any ideas who you would do?

Michael Johnson is iffy to me. yes he looks good at times, but I wonder how much he feeds off of Atkins

sometimes a player does onl;y care about money.....some care about a ring and money.

but we have to get a proven player on the line DE or DT.

any ideas who you would do?

Michael Johnson is iffy to me. yes he looks good at times, but I wonder how much he feeds off of Atkins

I think that TD will take a look at Avril and see can he come to some type of common ground when it comes to money but will move on quickly if Avril and his agent doesn't drop the being paid like an elite pass rusher idea.

Guest Fibonacci/Mashburn

I think that TD will take a look at Avril and see can he come to some type of common ground when it comes to money but will move on quickly if Avril and his agent doesn't drop the being paid like an elite pass rusher idea.

after thought you make good sense.

we will see.

but you gave any ideas of a DT or DE that is proven in the NFL that will be a FA

Khaseem Greene won't make it past pick #40 guaranteed. If we go RB, I think we get the versatile Lonnie Pryor at the end of the 3rd because he's insurance for Snelling and Brady Ewing.

I almost always see him around spot 55-75 in the mocks. That said, I think he's top 25 talent, he could be a really special LB...here's a decent scouting report done by the guys on the Texans SBnation.

http://www.battleredblog.com/2013/1/23/3906064/scouting-report-khaseem-greene

I would trade down and take him in the early second. Or as our first rounder even. I just want him. So bad. Just watch him play. I've never seen him have a bad game. And Nolan likes the big nickel, he used to play SS so he could be the SS/OLB hybrid too.

He's perfect for us. I want him or Arthur Brown so bad, almost more than a pass rusher...almost.