If Tony Does Go

Top Flight

If Tony goes I think you either need to find an impact TE or a better 3rd option at Wide Receiver. I have had high hopes for Harry Douglas, but at this point he hasn't been consistent enough for my liking. I think this offense is exceptionally dangerous when Matt has 3 great options. Roddy and Julio alone are good, but that third option makes it nearly impossible to defend.

Having said that, we HAVE to upgrade the D-Line and LB's.

It will be a juggling act to do each of those things, but I think TD is creative enough to get it done.

Do you get a Tyler Eifert from ND if available? A lot of analysts have us drafting him if he is still on the board. The guy is a monster!! Thoughts?

Remember that if we do draft a TE at the top of the first we should expect little to NO impact from them as they take time to develop.

There are exceptions to the rule but I wouldn't expect too much from a TE at the bottom of the first round.

If Tony goes I think you either need to find an impact TE or a better 3rd option at Wide Receiver. I have had high hopes for Harry Douglas, but at this point he hasn't been consistent enough for my liking. I think this offense is exceptionally dangerous when Matt has 3 great options. Roddy and Julio alone are good, but that third option makes it nearly impossible to defend.

Having said that, we HAVE to upgrade the D-Line and LB's.

It will be a juggling act to do each of those things, but I think TD is creative enough to get it done.

I think an explosive RB out of the backfield that can catch the ball that can create a mismatch like a Darren Sproles would work. Quizz is nice but he doesn't have that breakaway speed that scares defenses.

Not often you run into 6 foot 6 TEs biggrin.png

San Jose State University TE Ryan Otten.

He needs to bulk up a bit and work on his blocking, but he's a natural receiver with great hands. He had a pretty good week of practice during the Senior Bowl and battled through illness, although he didn't do much of anything during the game, but that was more of poor QB play than anything.

Plus, I'm more concerned about athleticism and hands with a TE than I am about height.

San Jose State University TE Ryan Otten.

He needs to bulk up a bit and work on his blocking, but he's a natural receiver with great hands. He had a pretty good week of practice during the Senior Bowl and battled through illness, although he didn't do much of anything during the game, but that was more of poor QB play than anything.

Plus, I'm more concerned about athleticism and hands with a TE than I am about height.

I know man I was just having some fun but if it were up to me I'd take him if available. Hopefully sign from defensive free agents, get a RB from draft or FA, and give the rest of the draft to Nolan. That's just me though

I know man I was just having some fun but if it were up to me I'd take him if available. Hopefully sign from defensive free agents, get a RB from draft or FA, and give the rest of the draft to Nolan. That's just me though

We also have a gaping hole at RG.

Line played well, especially in the postseason but you may be right. We'll see what happens come free agency and the draft

Konz isn't powerful enough to play RG, he is in pass protection, but not in the running game and with McClure most likely retiring (and he's regressed as the season went on) I think we find a mauler in the draft. Luckily for us this draft is absolutely filled with talent at the OG position.

Konz isn't powerful enough to play RG, he is in pass protection, but not in the running game and with McClure most likely retiring (and he's regressed as the season went on) I think we find a mauler in the draft. Luckily for us this draft is absolutely filled with talent at the OG position.

That's why you have the offseason and TC to beef up!! Lol jk but I hear you

If we were to say that we needed a TE not currently on the roster I'd prefer us to go after a free agent like Dustin Keller. Very talented but shouldn't demand a high price tag after being a forgotten man with how putrid that offense was in NY. You don't replace the greatest TE to ever do it. We just need a guy that's solid and could give us about 50-60 receptions and 5+ TDs.