Mock Draft V3

Guest Negatorris

Guest Negatorris

1st Round

Falcons trade down. Give up 1st and 5th for a high 2nd.

2nd Round

Larry Warford OG, Kentucky 6-3 33lbs

Elite talent right here. We let Reynolds walk, and draft this guy. He will be an immediate upgrade, who will be able to come in and be a starter from Day 1. The interior of our OL was a big problem, and with us picking up Warford, and letting Konz play his original position it should be much improved. Ryan will decimate any secondary if given time. Warford's Senior Bowl performance was great.

Khaseem Greene OLB, Rutgers 6-1 231lbs

In the beginning of the season, it seemed as if Stephen Nicholas was going to be a breast this season, but he quickly regressed into just another guy. We need a playmaker opposite of Spoon, and Nic can't be that guy. He just seems lost at times, and he can't cover athletic TEs. I like him, but we can't settle if we want to make our defense championship caliber. This is where Khaseem Greene comes in. We all know how much trouble we've had with TEs this year, and especially in the playoffs. Khaseem Greene can be the answer to our problems. He can cover athletic TEs, and can play well in zone coverage. He wraps up more often than not, which is something we are really missing on defense! He can also rush the passer, and has the speed to cover those RBs who like to leak out. The knocks on him are his size, and his over aggressiveness but I don't think he has any glaring issues. He would no doubt work well working opposite of Spoon.

3rd Round

Brandon Williams DT, Missouri Southern State 6-2 341lbs

Everyone knows our DL is undersized, and we are missing a pass rush up the middle. Babs is still great and underrated but he can't do it forever. Peters never really bounced back into his 2011 form(I think he will), but Vance Walker showed a lot of talent, especially for a guy picked in the 7th round. But it's time to add some size. Brandon Williams is someone I think should be going higher. He has dominant power, and for his size he also has dominant speed and agility. QBs have been able to step into the pocket a lot against us causing a lot of missed sacks. Williams will be able to bring pressure up the middle and disrupt the passer, and with the QBs in our division this will be needed. He can also make it hard for opposing offenses to run up the middle. Williams will be an impact player, and I truly believe Mike Nolan will love this guy.

4th Round

Gavin Escobar TE, San Diego State 6-6 255lbs

I know comparing someone to a legend is frowned upon on these MBs, but Escobar reminds me of a Young Tony G/Kyle Rudolph type receiver. Escobar's ceiling is truly as high as Eifert's and Ertz's in my honest opinion. He can break tackles, make insane catches in traffic and when covered. He also has the personality that TD likes, and would be a great addition to the team. I'm sure he'd be able to reach out to Tony G to mentor him in the offseason, and I don't see why he can't become a big name TE for our team. I'm sold on this guy.

(Comp)Lonnie Pryor FB/HB, FSU 6-0 230lbs

Ever since KOG showed me this guy, I've been on his bandwagon. He can do it all. With the addition of Pryor and our reshaped OL, I really think he would revitalize our running game. He would be an excellent change of pace from Quizz and Snelling, and he has incredibly soft hands. No matter if he's blocking or taking hand-offs he will make an impact on our offense. Strong guy, with deceptive quickness and burst. The Falcons have been missing this kind of player in our backfield since 2010. BRING HIM HOME TD!

5th

Traded.

6th

Jasper Collins WR, Mount Union 5-10 183lbs

Time for HD to start peeking over his shoulder. Jasper Collins joins the list of late round receivers from Mount Union that have impressed(Pierre Garcon-6th, Cecil Shorts-4th). Though he played for a small school, Collins dominated. He finished his season with 6 straight 100 yard games. Collins obviously wasn't playing against big name talent, but he has talent of his own. His route running ability is pretty clean. He has the makings of a slot receiver, and can make explosive plays if given the chance. HD didn't really make a great impression on anyone as the #3 this year, and he botched what could have been a game winning TD catch in the NFCCG. Collins will either outright come in and take his spot, or HD will play better knowing he can't rest. HD had nothing to fear with Davis being behind him, but Collins would be real competition to take his spot. Jasper can field punts too. I think he can surprise many people if the Falcons decide to give him a chance, and I think just his presence alone will cause HD to play even better than before.

7th

BPA

Guest Negatorris

Love it. I'm totally sold on Pryor also. I assume in your mock we have picked an impact DE in FA?

Yeah. I think we sign Michael Johnson or Anthony Spencer.

Guest Negatorris

Yeah, Johnson would be nice.So we cut Turner and have Pryor as the new starter?

Yup. I'd thank Turner for his contribution to our continued success, but sometimes you gotta know when it's time to move on, and it's his time. Pryor splitting carries with Quizz will make defenses respect our running game again. I don't think we'll see a bunch of yards from our new rushing attack because we're gonna throw the ball around a lot with Ryan and our weapons, but I thing the YPC will increase significantly.

Yup. I'd thank Turner for his contribution to our continued success, but sometimes you gotta know when it's time to move on, and it's his time. Pryor splitting carries with Quizz will make defenses respect our running game again. I don't think we'll see a bunch of yards from our new rushing attack because we're gonna throw the ball around a lot with Ryan and our weapons, but I thing the YPC will increase significantly.

That's how I see it too. Especially looking at his cap hit I do not think there are a lot of options regarding Turner. Pryor, Quizz & Snell seem like a solid RB comitee to me, if you factor in our much improved interior line. If HD steps up which I definitely think he will we have an even deadlier offense and a dangerous D.

Now lets just think about this logically. WHY would we trade a first round pick for a second round pick and to boot throw in a fifth rounder. You lost me big time . I like the draft, but your trade down is way off. Think you need to add another third rounder in as compensation for the first and fifth.

Edited by Insane Asylum