Would Anyone Take Decoud In A Trade?

JulioHOFer

I don't know if we could just cut Decoud because of the deal he signed last year but is it possible that someone out there would be dumb enough to take him off our hands in a trade and take on his contract? The Cowboys? The Raiders? The Jaguars?

Then we could resign C4 Moore and sign one of the FAs like Laron Landry, Dashon Goldson or Louis Delmas (maybe the only Lion not named Johnson I'd take from that lockerroom)

Decoud is soft and that's not going to change. We need another hard nosed safety like Moore who can play championship football

WOW, you guys do realize nobody is perfect. This guy is pretty **** good and getting better. He could be a top safety in the next year or two

He just can't tackle worth a ****. That's my only issue with him. I love the guy, I'd like to keep him, but his tackling is awful. I turned on the pro-bowl in the second half to watch him go for another failed kill shot to let a RB make a play.

I really hope that Smitty does something about the tackling with the secondary and the LBs. This team could've been undefeated playing in the Super Bowl if we could wrap the **** up.

I guess since Deion was not a great tackler he was not good? Bulk him up and he will be ok. Thank god you not our GM.

I want to keep DeCoud, but if we were offered a high draft pick I'd consider trading him. Don't get me wrong, I love the guy. I like his personality, and his play for the most part.

I'm just pointing out the guy's major flaw. I hope it's a coachable issue, considering it was endemic to our entire defense this year, it might very well be the reason.

Yeah we are going to cut or trade a guy who responded to his new contract and new Defensive Coordinator by having by far the best year of his career.

I don't what is going on with these boards the last couple of weeks.

The emotional havoc from the loss to the Niners has sent many members over the cliff of insanity in a tailspin while doing a barrel roll. The need to be admitted and given some good meds.

I want to keep DeCoud, but if we were offered a high draft pick I'd consider trading him. Don't get me wrong, I love the guy. I like his personality, and his play for the most part.

I'm just pointing out the guy's major flaw. I hope it's a coachable issue, considering it was endemic of our entire defense this year, it might very well be the reason.

The problem here isnt that he cant tackle. Its that our fs has to attempt so many tackles. Our linebackers should be making tackles. Our Dline should too,but a FS come on. The last line of defense? Im right your wrong BOOYAH!!!!! JK but i have a good point.

Yeah we are going to cut or trade a guy who responded to his new contract and new Defensive Coordinator by having by far the best year of his career.

I don't what is going on with these boards the last couple of weeks.

hahaha exactly. These boards are getting so pathetic. I can't hardly stand to look at them anymore.

Hey guys, let's trade our safety who is extremely inexpensive for a pick, even though he just had six interceptions this year and stepped up his play, all to spend money we don't have on a secondary need. This plan can't fail.

I don't want to trade him, just saying that if we were offered a good pick for him I'd consider it. That's all. He does have a very cap friendly contract, I'd like to keep him. I'm just saying of any of the young talent we have on this roster I'd rather trade him than Spoon or Julio. He offers a lot of trade value.

The problem here isnt that he cant tackle. Its that our fs has to attempt so many tackles. Our linebackers should be making tackles. Our Dline should too,but a FS come on. The last line of defense? Im right your wrong BOOYAH!!!!! JK but i have a good point.

I agree. It shouldn't come down to him. The whole team has a tackling problem, so it could very well be a coaching problem.

Ideally, I'd love to keep him, but looking at our roster, and our draft position of any player on our roster who offers the most value that is the most expendable? There are 3 or 4 good FS in the draft that I can think of coming into the in Reid, Lester, and Rambo. One of those guys will be available in the second, and if dealing DeCoud can help get us a DE or a NT that gives us an actual pass rush, I'm sorry, but I can get on board with that.

What do you propose we do at Safety next year? Draft one with the pick we get from him and wait 3 years for him to develop into the player DeCoud is or not at all? You have to look at what you are getting with a draft pick, not just a pick. Do you really think we are getting a pro bowler out of the box with a 2nd or 3rd rounder for DeCoud? And it's unlikely we'd get either of those picks for him. People just see the draft pick and not what we get with it, we could just as easily get Jimmy Williams, Chris Houston or Chevis Jackson with the draft pick we get, but lets trade our up and coming safety (on a friendly contract) coming off his best season and he happens to be a huge locker room guy as well.

I like Decoud. Best thing we can do is come to realization that the guy is an extremely instinctive player, but if he is going up against an athletic TE whether that be in coverage or having to tackle him, then thats not his strong suit, but instinctive players like him aren't really easy to find. Darren Sharper was similar IMO.

What do you propose we do at Safety next year? Draft one with the pick we get from him and wait 3 years for him to develop into the player DeCoud is or not at all? You have to look at what you are getting with a draft pick, not just a pick. Do you really think we are getting a pro bowler out of the box with a 2nd or 3rd rounder for DeCoud? And it's unlikely we'd get either of those picks for him. People just see the draft pick and not what we get with it, we could just as easily get Jimmy Williams, Chris Houston or Chevis Jackson with the draft pick we get, but lets trade our up and coming safety (on a friendly contract) coming off his best season and he happens to be a huge locker room guy as well.

I totally get what you're saying. I'm just saying that if there is anyone on this team that has the most value for trade that on the scale of expendable players its DeCoud. He's young, talented, and a cap friendly, and just made the probowl.

We aren't trading Spoon, Julio, or Matt. Roddy isn't going anywhere. These are the core of the team. If TD wants to address the DL, and the picks we have aren't enough to get the players he wants, isn't DeCoud the most obvious choice.

If we had a chance to get Jarvis Jones by using DeCoud as trade bait, I don't think anyone would be that upset. Free Safety, while important, isn't considered the most valuable piece on Defense.

Ideally I want to keep him. But I can see him as being the most likely trade bait of anyone on the team.

I totally get what you're saying. I'm just saying that if there is anyone on this team that has the most value for trade that on the scale of expendable players its DeCoud. He's young, talented, and a cap friendly, and just made the probowl.

We aren't trading Spoon, Julio, or Matt. Roddy isn't going anywhere. These are the core of the team. If TD wants to address the DL, and the picks we have aren't enough to get the players he wants, isn't DeCoud the most obvious choice.

If we had a chance to get Jarvis Jones by using DeCoud as trade bait, I don't think anyone would be that upset. Free Safety, while important, isn't considered the most valuable piece on Defense.

Ideally I want to keep him. But I can see him as being the most likely trade bait of anyone on the team.

I disagree, some team will be is dire need of a TE and will eventually come clling for Joe Hawley. 1st round at least, maybe even a 1st and a 3rd!