Uh Oh!

Willy Mo

ATLANTA -

FOX 5 has learned that the city of Los Angeles has expressed interest in acquiring the Atlanta Falcons.

Atlanta Mayor Kasim Reed is warning city council members about business interests in Los Angeles who want to move the Falcons to the west coast. Team owner Arthur Blank shared that information with top city and state officials in their discussions about financing a new stadium in downtown Atlanta.

Two council members who met with Mayor Kasim Reed toldFOX 5's Morse Diggs about private discussions the mayor hosted at City Hall.

Reed called in council members one at a time to tell them that the city needs to take a more aggressive lead in the public financing portion of the proposed open air stadium.

The Falcons would foot most of the $1-billion bill for the new stadium, but the state would have to come up with $300 million, most of which would come from an extension of a current hotel-motel tax. The move would require the state legislature to increase the World Congress Center's debt limit by $100 million.

Earlier, Gov. Nathan Deal said the climate at the state Capitolwould not be favorable for the state to take the lead.

Council members also reported the mayor described Blank as being willing to increase the percentage the Falcons might pay to make the billion dollar deal possible.

The city of Los Angeles has been without an NFL franchise for almost two decades. In 1994, the Rams moved to St. Louis. A year later, the Raiders relocated to Oakland. Los Angeles remains the largest metropolitan area without pro football, and NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell reportedly wants a team in the city.

the last part in bold scares me.

if the Falcons can't get a stadium deal done then....

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Los Angeles Falcons... has a nice ring to it.

But seriously though, I don't want you guys going anywhere. It'll make it all the more sweeter when we knock you ******* off that pedestal that some of you (okay, mainly just a certain individual) have propped yourselves so high up on. wink.png

Edited by PantherBlack

Los Angeles Falcons... has a nice ring to it.

But seriously though, I don't want you guys going anywhere. It'll make it all the more sweeter when we knock you ******* off that pedestal that some of you (okay, mainly just a certain individual) have propped yourselves so high up on. wink.png

you mean the old man?

La would get tired of that mediocre team and lose interest within 2 years.

25-38 over the last 4 years, puff that chest out...

Dallas is 33-31 and 5-3 against the Redskins...

Did I mention that we have also won a playoff game in that time...

wink.png

Edited by Enlightend32

You certainly are.

With that scenario I'm thinking like Jerry.

If you've ever been to a cowboy game in Dallas you will find yourself surrounded by folks sitting on their hands and others who are absolutely miserable.

Now take a look at the crowds the Cowboys draw when on the road in California.

Remember the niners game last season.

Cowboy fans are this spoiled group of brat fans especially Dallas area fans.

I grew up in Dallas, Georgia...does that count?

Is that like Memphis, Texas?

I really hope you get out there for a cowboy game.

It's a really odd environment.

Don't get me wrong me and everyone I've ever gone with have had great times, but we've always been surrounded by people telling us to sit down and be quiet or people who looked like they rather be at the dentist or school or somewhere less boring.

Aside from the eagles playoff game in 09 the loudest cheers I heard were from opposing fans, especially the giants fans.

I just hate the perspective Cowboy fans have gained recently and a part of me wants to see them go full on Tampa Bay Buccaneer to show these freaks what bad football really is and it'll also send the bandwagoners packing to the most recent greatest team ever.

I'd love to go to a game. Sit down and shut up is just not in me though.