In Theory If The Falcons Did Move To La...

FantasyFOF

Say the doomsday scenario does happen. Talks between Blank and Atlanta go bad, LA makes an offer Blank can't refuse, and the Falcons end up moving to LA. What would happen the next 2-3 season while the LA stadium was being built?

...I can't imagine anyone would actually attend any of the games in Atlanta knowing that your money is going to Blanks pocket. Matt Ryan and co. would be playing in an empty stadium every Sunday.

Say the doomsday scenario does happen. Talks between Blank and Atlanta go bad, LA makes an offer Blank can't refuse, and the Falcons end up moving to LA. What would happen the next 2-3 season while the LA stadium was being built?

...I can't imagine anyone would actually attend any of the games in Atlanta knowing that your money is going to Blanks pocket. Matt Ryan and co. would be playing in an empty stadium every Sunday.

The Falcons would just move immediately and play in the Coliseum.

The Falcons would just move immediately and play in the Coliseum.

The lease that the Falcons have with the Dome would create a whole slew of lawsuits that Blank wouldn't want to deal with. He'd be responsible for a ton of consequential damages for lost profits. I would think the team would have to stay in Atlanta for at least a couple more years to make this fiscally possible (unless LA wants to foot the bill for all lawsuits resulting from this...)

The lease that the Falcons have with the Dome would create a whole slew of lawsuits that Blank wouldn't want to deal with. He'd be responsible for a ton of consequential damages for lost profits. I would think the team would have to stay in Atlanta for at least a couple more years to make this fiscally possible (unless LA wants to foot the bill for all lawsuits resulting from this...)

Not really .He would have the LA backing money to settle out lease and any law suit damage . You know how much money would be behind Blank to move to LA ? plus new stadium

Edited by leowolf

There wouldn't be any lawsuits. The Falcons could pay off the bonds on the Georgia Dome, which is less than 100 mil, and just go. That's the deal. They are obligated to play in the Georgia Dome until 2020 or until the bonds are paid back, whichever comes first.