Thought This Was A Joke...but La Gearing Up

I heard earlier today about the Falcons possibly moving to LA...I live in LA. I heard from a friend whom mother works for the City. THEY ARE GETTING READY TO PUSH FOR THE FALCONS BY MAKING BLANK A DEAL HE CAN'T RESIST! I was laughing about it all day and then wham its true. I feel like I was hit by hammer! What the **** is going on back there? Well at least I could get season tickets! WOW!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Might as well go ahead then... No falcon fan would do that

This is exactly what I was thinking. I would watch the NFL from afar, without a true team to root for. The braves would become my focus year round. I am an Alabama fan, so I would get my football fix there

Yep..aren't the Panthers based in NORTH Carolina?

Yes, but they're the CAROLINA Panthers. A lot of folks in South Carolina follow them. And, furthermore, Charlotte is extremely close to South Carolina... just like Augusta is.

The Falcons never built a fan base in the southeast like the Braves did. Before the Panthers came along, more people in the Carolinas were Redskins fans than Falcons fans, because the Skins weren't too far away... and fielded consistently good teams (and won titles) in the 80's and 90's.

Yes, but they're the CAROLINA Panthers. A lot of folks in South Carolina follow them. And, furthermore, Charlotte is extremely close to South Carolina... just like Augusta is.

The Falcons never built a fan base in the southeast like the Braves did. Before the Panthers came along, more people in the Carolinas were Redskins fans than Falcons fans, because the Skins weren't too far away... and fielded consistently good teams (and won titles) in the 80's and 90's.

I only asked because there is a huge fanbase in Augusta as well.

okay i crossed the line with the saints comment but if the falcons leave the city that i have so many memories of i will most likely be done with the nfl all together, i hate to say that when football is my favorite sport and i played from age 7 to age 23 and became a falcons fan at age 4 but with Goodell constantly f***ing the league up if this moves happens it will be the icing on the cake for me

If tiny hamlets like Charlotte, Nashville and Jacksonville are allowed to have a team than Atlanta BY FAR the biggest media market in the Southeast (yes that includes Miami) is going to keep it's team. This is ridiculous posturing and nothing more.

Starting to get tired of my home city getting treated like it was on level with Albuquerque or something, THIS IS ATLANTA DAMMIT, The sitting Empire of the Mother Freaking South. This stupid national perception of Atlanta sports already cost us our hockey team (when it should have been Florida or Phoenix) I'll be f***ing damned if I let them take my pro football.

La doesnt deserve another team. Theyre just gonna throw money at it until they get what they want.when the teams not doing good theyll want another. They dont deserve any team let alone the ATL FALCONS. That would be selling out on your team. Your fans. Your city. Your community!

Tell you something that I find odd. Here in Augusta, Ga I have noticed more this year that the Panthers are more a part of this community. I didn't get it before, could this be why?

only reason these people even mention the Panthers where I live is because of Scam. I told one guy to name someone other than Steve Smith and Scam and even couldn't do it lol