Two Quarterbacks?!?

Padawan Knight

Will everyone that keeps doing a mock offseason please stop "letting McCown walk" without addressing the QB position in the draft or FA? Please?!?

I can pretty much guarantee you that there is no way we go into next season as another playoff contender with only Dominique Davis as the only backup to Matt Ryan. We also will not pick up a UDFA QB as the 3rd guy at that position.

Stop the madness. Think about all positions and stop living so deep in your fantasy that you forget to think.

[/rant]

I agree completely. I keep seeing people mentioning us drafting a qb, but we have Davis to learn behind Ryan and McCown. I think McCown can be a very good backup if needed. He is a decent QB and knows the offense. He also seems to help out a lot on the sidelines.

I agree completely. I keep seeing people mentioning us drafting a qb, but we have Davis to learn behind Ryan and McCown. I think McCown can be a very good backup if needed. He is a decent QB and knows the offense. He also seems to help out a lot on the sidelines.

^^^ this

McCown isn't a distraction on the sideline and actually seems to be helpful for Matty Ice. He won't get a big deal with any other team so he should come back for a very reasonable salary. If Davis is able to move up to the #2 spot, I don't have a problem with that. I'm just not sold on him being "da future".

^^^ this

McCown isn't a distraction on the sideline and actually seems to be helpful for Matty Ice. He won't get a big deal with any other team so he should come back for a very reasonable salary. If Davis is able to move up to the #2 spot, I don't have a problem with that. I'm just not sold on him being "da future".

The easiest way to tell that someone is not the future is to come to this board and see that people are calling them the future.

It literally NEVER happens.

McCown is, like, 56 years old. And he sucks. So I'm sorry, I'm more comfortable with us having DD sit behind him (since he's, well, better) and maybe getting some dude off FA on the cheaps.

As one of the people that has created one of the mock off seasons that I was referring to, I pose this question:

Who the £*<{ do you propose will back up DD? You didn't draft anyone and didn't sign anyone in FA either.

OH WAIT... I just figured out the answer...

Kerry Meier is Da Future!!!1!

As one of the people that has created one of the mock off seasons that I was referring to, I pose this question:

Who the £*<{ do you propose will back up DD? You didn't draft anyone and didn't sign anyone in FA either.

OH WAIT... I just figured out the answer...

Kerry Meier is Da Future!!!1!

Jason Campbell would work. You don't have to act like a child to try and get your point across. QB isn't a need. If Ryan goes down, we're pretty much screwed anyways...if Davis goes down, we pick up someone like Campbell. Have a UDFA on the training squad if you want.

Can't believe you're seriously complaining that I didn't address QB in the offseason.

Jason Campbell would work. You don't have to act like a child to try and get your point across. QB isn't a need. If Ryan goes down, we're pretty much screwed anyways...if Davis goes down, we pick up someone like Campbell. Have a UDFA on the training squad if you want.

Can't believe you're seriously complaining that I didn't address QB in the offseason.

I'm complaining because, to me, it shows that someone is thinking too quickly about their fantasy draft/offseason and not paying attention to details. Your solution is not really realistic, either.

I'm complaining because, to me, it shows that someone is thinking too quickly about their fantasy draft/offseason and not paying attention to details. Your solution is not really realistic, either.

Explain. Saying something isn't realistic doesn't mean anything. What would you do? Pretty much anyone is better than McCown, have you actually seen him throw?

Explain. Saying something isn't realistic doesn't mean anything. What would you do? Pretty much anyone is better than McCown, have you actually seen him throw?

I'm not saying he's the best backup we could have. I'm saying he's better than nobody. You can't just say something along the lines of "we'll put Jason Campbell on retainer" in case our other guys get hurt. It doesn't work that way. You addressed other positions in FA and the draft. For me to take you seriously, I need to see you address the QB position if you're going to suggest we let our #2 QB walk out the door.

Matt Ryan goes down, Falcons lose. McCown or no McCown. 2 QBs or 3 QBs.

Why waste a spot on a 3rd QB? Why take snaps from Dom?

dont call him "Dom" as if hes been the face of the franchise for 5 years. the OP has some great points and i agree 100%. McCown is a bargain and i saw Campbell this year vs. SF, mccown cant be any worse than that. It sounds like Falcon Moore might just be an Auburn fan or something. Anyway, I also agree with the OP on our board wanting to call people "THE FUTURE" after a good series or two in the preseason vs. 3rd string talent. its insane.

and to actually respond to what you said there, if Matt goes down (see who can be called by first name here and who cant yet?) we are not a Super Bowl team, but we could definantly "waste" a spot on a 3rd QB. no reason to give up because Matt is out. The Texans proved your theory wrong in 2011. They went through 3 QB's and won a playoff game

Edited by Cole World

Guest Negatorris

We don't need 3 QBs. Davis was never even activated this season, plus McCown is useless. Ryan rarely suffers an injury, and Davis has looked like he can be a solid backup. I don't see the reason for keeping McCown around... We might as well just re-sign Redman and Wilson too. If Ryan does get hurt, and Davis comes in and gets hurt, our 3rd QB won't come in and do anything significant for the team. If Ryan AND Davis get hurt, we could easily just sign someone to play QB while we watch our season go down the drain.

I think it all depends on the progress DD has made this year. I personally think McCown might be the worst QB in the league and is a waste of a roster spot. I also agree that if DD isn't ready then it would be suicidal to only have 2 QB's. But, if he is ready, then only having 2 QB's gives you a lot of flexibility with your roster.

No

While I do think there's is better backup qbs than McCown, I don't think we need to draft one this year. We just drafted a qb last year. OL and RB are the only two positions needed for offense in the draft this season. The rest needs to be strictly spent on defense.