William Moore

Chris Owens

Brent Grimes

Vance Walker

Release

Dunta Robinson

Michael Turner

Michael Johnson - DE - Cincinnati Bengals

I really wanted us to draft him coming out of college, but we didnt. I think that we need to give it another try despite what happened with Ray Edwards. I think with with amount of DE prospects coming out of the draft, we should be able to get Johnson for a little more than we spent for Edwards. I think we need an more immediate solution to our pass rush as opposed to a late 1st rounder at DE

Kellen Winslow - TE - Free Agent

I know that he was released in Tampa but I do believe the reports that playing for Schinio was probably a headache. I think the year off allows him to get his head straight and the guy still has talent and wont be a huge hit to our salary cap

I would love for us to get a call to trade out of the 1st and pick up a 2nd, 3rd and maybe a 6 or 7th but that is speculation so I wont include that in my mock draft.

1st Round

Kawaan Short - DT 6-3 308 Purdue

This dude was slicing through people in the Senior Bowl. I think that he can play DT in the 4-3 and can play the five technique in the 3-4. He replaces Jerry.

2nd Round

Larry Warford - 6-3 330 G Kentucky

I dont think the 1st Guard comes off the board until late in the 1st, maybe even the 2nd, especially with the Dline talent in this draft. We instantly improve the Guard position over Reynolds who is a FA

3rd Round

Robert Alford - 6-0 187 CB Southeastern LA

I like his size and his movement skills, he will be great addition to groom to take over for Grimes/Samuel and play the 4th corner spot.

4th Round

Mike Gillislee - 5-11 207 RB Florida

We need a RB that is different than what we already have and Gillislee is a great fit with Quizz and Snelling and I love it that he is a product of the SEC where you play some really good defenses

4th Round

Cornelius Washington - 6-4 267 DE Georgia

Washington will be a good addition and will replace Sidbury's lack of development. I like his combination of size and speed.

5th Round

Michael Williams - 6-6 269 TE Alabama

Williams is a good run blocker but I think he is also very athletic. I remember watching the SEC championship game and wondering about him. I think he replaces Palmer and would be a good talent to groom behind Winslow.

6th Round

Denard Robinson - 5-11 196 WR Michigan

I like his speed and quickness. I know that he has a learning curve to overcome switching from QB to WR but he can contribute immediately in the return game, especially since Quizz role will be increased

7th Round

Kyle Juszczyk - 6-1 248 FB Harvard

He had a good showing at the Senior Bowl and we need insurance just in case Ewing is not ready to go and and upgrade over Mike Cox. He has good hands and showed that he can clear a hole.

Let me know what yall think cause I put alot of work in this thang

Just A Day in the Mind of Jaymadd

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

that would be epic draft - don't really dislike anything through first 4 rounds - so to quibble w/ 5th round on is silly.

would love to get Michael Johnson but think he will be franchised.

Well you know that the Bengals owner is a different type and they could just draft his replacement cause with a talent like Atkins and Dunlap I would feel comfortable putting a rookie at DE and they should get a crack at a good one like the kid from BYU

that would be epic draft - don't really dislike anything through first 4 rounds - so to quibble w/ 5th round on is silly.

would love to get Michael Johnson but think he will be franchised.

Speak on it lets talk about the later rounds I am open to hearing your thoughts.

Well you know that the Bengals owner is a different type and they could just draft his replacement cause with a talent like Atkins and Dunlap I would feel comfortable putting a rookie at DE and they should get a crack at a good one like the kid from BYU

Ansah won't get within 10 picks of Falcons - my prediction - btw, I think I still owe you a round of golf....need to pay my bets.....

hope your right on Johnson hitting free agency.

Speak on it lets talk about the later rounds I am open to hearing your thoughts.

the Alabama tight end looks like nothing special to me. just looks like he is a body. The Harvard FB, if you grab him, what are you doing with the Bradie Ewing kid? no room on this roster for two fullbacks. No issue w/ taking Denard Robinson in 6th round as a slot WR and PR/KR type.

Ansah won't get within 10 picks of Falcons - my prediction - btw, I think I still owe you a round of golf....need to pay my bets.....

hope your right on Johnson hitting free agency.

Yeah u do but with the little one I dont know when I will be able to get out there. I was referring to Ansah to the Bengals to replace Johnson. They might not franchise JOhnson because of the DE talent in this draft

Yeah u do but with the little one I dont know when I will be able to get out there. I was referring to Ansah to the Bengals to replace Johnson. They might not franchise JOhnson because of the DE talent in this draft

ohhhhhhhh.....ok - gotcha. hope you are right. understood about the baby stuff - have 3 myself - none babies anymore.

the Alabama tight end looks like nothing special to me. just looks like he is a body. The Harvard FB, if you grab him, what are you doing with the Bradie Ewing kid? no room on this roster for two fullbacks. No issue w/ taking Denard Robinson in 6th round as a slot WR and PR/KR type.

I understand the concern with Williams but we still need a blocking TE cause we dont have one even if we go with Palmer and Coffman. I just like his size and he sneaky athletic ability. I am scared of our history with players coming back from ACL injuries and players never getting back to form, if Ewing does come back to form then we could just put Juszczyk on the practice squad.

I appreciate all the work you did on that Jaymadd.

I think LB is a serious need for this team. SERIOUS need. So that is the biggest problem I have with your prospective off season, you don't have a LB listed anywhere.

I appreciate all the work you did on that Jaymadd.

I think LB is a serious need for this team. SERIOUS need. So that is the biggest problem I have with your prospective off season, you don't have a LB listed anywhere.

then check out my draft countdown "87 days" mock draft and critique, Peyton - have a LB in there for you.

I like this mock though I would prefer Jesse Williams in the first if he's there, I would also consider Seymour who has links with TD and is on the record saying he wants to play for a contender. Also, this off season does nothing to prevent us from being abused by TEs as we often were, or prepare us to better face option QBs. Those are areas we need to address given QBs and TEs in the division and conference.

You know, this off season will make or break my future as a Falcons fan. I appreciate the wins, but many of those wins were extremely annoying just like the off season. If something annoys you, then you should leave it in the past.

you must be having a bad day my friend - not your usual chipper self.......life is good - be happy!!!

you must be having a bad day my friend - not your usual chipper self.......life is good - be happy!!!

No, I'm actually in a good mood. I just want to keep it that way. I'm having a philosophical issue though. How can you be a fan of something that you have a hard time liking?

I had every intention of leaving the Falcons for good before Nolan was hired. I was serious. I hate the way TD handles an off season and I'm full of dread right now where that is concerned. In fact this part of my life is the only one that annoys me on any level.

Not the loss in the playoffs, but the overall management of the team. It is in complete conflict with my football views in every way. The only part of the FO that I like is Nolan.

No, I'm actually in a good mood. I just want to keep it that way. I'm having a philosophical issue though. How can you be a fan of something that you have a hard time liking?

I had every intention of leaving the Falcons for good before Nolan was hired. I was serious. I hate the way TD handles an off season and I'm full of dread right now where that is concerned. In fact this part of my life is the only one that annoys me on any level.

Not the loss in the playoffs, but the overall management of the team. It is in complete conflict with my football views in every way. The only part of the FO that I like is Nolan.

I can appreciate where you are coming from with this, it makes sense. I sometimes feel this way as well, but then I look at a franchise like the Cleveland Browns and what their fan base goes through, and I feel better. This is the best time in team history to be a fan of this team. I try not to focus on the shortcomings on this team.

Stay positive my friend.

I wanted Michael Johnson in the draft too so I would be happy if we could get him now. I will admit though that I haven't actually watched him play that much in the NFL. Has anyone here watched him consistently and if so is he really that good and ready to break out? I've seen some good stats, but just trying to get a better feel for how he is actually playing.

I did look at some reports recently and the Cincinnati reporters and national reporters all seem to think he will get franchised. I hope they are wrong, but it didn't look good.

What is Kellen Winslow's whole story? I remember he got cut or traded by the Bucs somewhere and then got cut by that team. Didn't the Patriots then bring him and something went weird with that interview or he didn't pass his physical or something? Does anyone remember how all that went down?