Believe It Or Not, Wr Is One Of Our Team Needs.

Makaveli96

http://walterfootbal...ason2013atl.php

This article is right. We do need depth at WR. Roddy isn't old yet, but he's getting there. It would also help us A LOT if we could go with a four verts package a bunch more next season. We need to absolutely KILLER with our deep ball. I don't mean 40+ yard catches, but a lot more 15 or 20+ yards catches.

• Two Defensive Ends: The Falcons can't put any pressure on the quarterback whatsoever. John Abraham will be 35 in May, while Ray Edwards was released during the season. The front office could double dip at this position during the draft.
  • Running Back: This is an obvious need. Michael Turner's career is about finished, so the Falcons need to bring in a replacement. There will be plenty of backs available on Day 2 of the 2013 NFL Draft.
  • Linebacker: The Falcons' play at linebacker must improve. Stephen Nicholas can't be on the field on all three downs, while Akeem Dent was a disappointment in his first season as a starter. The team needs to find a linebacker capable of playing all three downs with Sean Weatherspoon.
  • Defensive Tackle: Atlanta will look for a defensive tackle to complement Jonathan Babineaux this offseason. Someone like Kawann Short makes sense at the end of the first round this April.
  • Interior Lineman: The Falcons will need a new right guard or center, depending on where they want to put Peter Konz. Current center Todd McClure is a 36-year-old free agent. Luckily, this upcoming draft is deep in terms of interior blockers.
  • Tight End: Tony Gonzalez will likely retire this offseason. If that's the case, Atlanta may draft a tight end early.
  • Left Tackle: Sam Baker finally got over his chronic back issues, which is why he played well in 2012. However, he's now a free agent who must be retained.
  • Strong Safety: William Moore is another free agent who has to be brought back.
  • Cornerback: Depth is needed. Brent Grimes is a free agent coming off a torn Achilles. Dunta Robinson, meanwhile, is owned $29.5 million over the next three seasons.
  • Wide Receiver: Atlanta has to find receiving depth, especially with Roddy White turning 32 in November.

Edited by kkc86

see how far down of a need it is ? pretty far down and that's where it should stay, Roddy showed no sign of slowing down this year, he probably can play at that level for 3-4 more years, he is a solid pro and takes care of his body, Julio makes his career longer by taking heat off him. It's clear as day that defense is the clear cut need.

I think it comes down to does TD think there is a TE productive a enough to replace TG but I think that if we had 4 really good WR's it would make a team like SF take at least one of there LBs off the field I'd rather a have a WR out of this draft but I'd be OK with either kid from Stanford or ND

see how far down of a need it is ? pretty far down and that's where it should stay, Roddy showed no sign of slowing down this year, he probably can play at that level for 3-4 more years, he is a solid pro and takes care of his body, Julio makes his career longer by taking heat off him. It's clear as day that defense is the clear cut need.

A better four verts package would polish this offense off.

Edited by kkc86

It depends on Dimitroff and Koetter's vision for the offense. Maybe they want to stretch the field with 4 WRs and Jacquizz coming out of the backfield rather than using 3 WRs, a TE, and Jacquizz. In that case, the need for a WR replaces the value we've set on the need for a TE, and we'll just roll with Coffman/Palmer/Gallarda/low pick at TE. I could see them going for a G and a WR in the first three picks, a TE in around round 5, and defense with the rest of them.

No we dont need a receiver.......

HD, Davis, Cone, Toone are good options for 3,4,5 receivers. I think Toone has the talent to make big plays as a 3rd receiver on other teams. He most def can be a 5th receiver and prosper

The article only says we need depth because nobody has seen the lower receivers play outside of a preseason game for more than 5 or so snaps a game .

Edited by WFColonel56

every pick needs to be spent on the defense. You can find a running back in FA or UDFA. The offense is fine although the line could be upgraded that to can come through FA or UDFA. If you want to add depth to the WR corp you can do that through UDFA. I expect all picks to be spent to upgrade that defense unless there is a offensive stud (once in a life time player type) sitting on the board when you go to make a selection.

I and TD agree with you. We interview Terrance Williams from Baylor at the Senior bowl. He's another height weight speed guy as Mayock likes to call it. I just like to take the best player available and we'll just get a good player who'll make plays regardless if we needed him or not. I would rather we take the 3rd best WR with our 1st pick than the 6 or 7th best DE.

It depends on Dimitroff and Koetter's vision for the offense. Maybe they want to stretch the field with 4 WRs and Jacquizz coming out of the backfield rather than using 3 WRs, a TE, and Jacquizz. In that case, the need for a WR replaces the value we've set on the need for a TE, and we'll just roll with Coffman/Palmer/Gallarda/low pick at TE. I could see them going for a G and a WR in the first three picks, a TE in around round 5, and defense with the rest of them.

This is the best reply yet. I mockeda first round wr and a rb with receiving ability. Not too mention sustaining offensive drives helps the defense.

We are not going to replace the entire starting 11 on defense. I do see a couple of FA DL

We really don;t even need to draft another WR at all. Davis is an option as well as Toone. WR is probably LAST on our priority list and we should not use a pick on one unless something falls in our laps in the later rounds.

Until we take care of D-line, O-line, TE, RB we should not even consider other positions.

We do need another WR, it shouldn't be dealt with until the 4th maybe 3rd after a couple Des. I say this because Tony's gone, we need another element to help. We need a really fast guy (like Dexter McCluster) who can return punts, kicks, and help our screen game flourish. We've been missing that ability to take KRs back, Weems did it but he was never a speedy guy just quick with good vision. I agree with this but only if the guy has return skills. Its so low on the priority list though that it'll probably be passed on.

Edited by mth15