Richard Seymore And Demarcus Ware Both Free Agents?

Miller2Rison

im not sure but i heard both of these guys could possibly hit the market, i doubt dallas gets rid of ware but oakland could let seymore go. if we switch to a 3-4 these could be great additions

Exactly I don't think Dallas will let Ware go anywhere. I'm all for Seymour and Freeney because they won't demand high contracts due to their age. Freeney would love to win a Super Bowl.

Starting D-line old but good

DE Freeney

DT Babs

DT Seymour

DE Abraham

Edited by atlbaby

I'd take Anthony Spencer over Demarcus Ware.

we need to get who ever in here we can to help our pass rush im not sure who were going to go after but we gotta be able to chase mobile qbs down and stop the run, we were great in disguising coverages against pocket guys and some of the best but newton, wilson, and kap all torched us. i wont even count vick as a mobile qb anymore andy reid tried keeping him the pocket and got him killed doing it.

I'm all for Seymour if he hits free agency, I also thought I read somewhere that Dockett from the cardinals was going to be cut. That being the case that would be a huge pickup he's a nasty DT that plays tough and can rush the passer and play well in the run game.

I'm all for Seymour if he hits free agency, I also thought I read somewhere that Dockett from the cardinals was going to be cut. That being the case that would be a huge pickup he's a nasty DT that plays tough and can rush the passer and play well in the run game.

oh man im getting excited :D would like to see a list of possible d linemen hitting the market this year, the guys i mentioned ppl just told me about

oh man im getting excited biggrin.png would like to see a list of possible d linemen hitting the market this year, the guys i mentioned ppl just told me about

yea this is the year to improve the line that's for sure, we can get some solid DT's either in free agency or Draft, I love the thought of that big nasty Dockett here ...... Just saying lol

Exactly I don't think Dallas will let Ware go anywhere. I'm all for Seymour and Freeney because they won't demand high contracts due to their age. Freeney would love to win a Super Bowl.

Starting D-line old but good

DE Freeney

DT Babs

DT Seymour

DE Abraham

The OP should smack whoever told him Ware would be available he's the only good player on that team and averages about 20 sacks a season.

As for Seymour if he wants to come here then I'm sure he could contribute if healthy but he's pretty old for a DT, there is currently a big crop to choose from of exactly what this team needs, big DTs that can hold the line of scrimmage against the double team, many who are a lot younger than Seymour

Freeney is a player we are definately targeting, same as Osi. DL is terrible from the start (no ability to stop the run for 4 quarters because no big DTs) to the end (only 1 pass rusher, a 34 year old who is always injured)

If the DL is not fixed we will see the exact same playoff result-losing

The Colts moved to a 3-4 and it killed Freeneys production, he'd be happy to come back to the 4-3 with a team that's closer to winning right now.

Osi's not happy about being on the bench and would be happy to be here and appreciated as a leader and everydown player. Freeney is 32, Abe is 31

Those are the 2 DEs this team needs to go after, HARD. Proven pass rushers, exactly what we need, not another Ray Edwards bust, and they'll be cheaper than those guys because of age.

Then in the draft we target the most explosive pass rusher available in the 1st or 2nd round. Then we have 2 proven vet pass rushers, a 3rd DE in Biermann who can play the run downs for Abe, and a talented rookie that hopefully by halway thru his rookie year can contribute as a pass rush threat

Just as important as getting a real pass rush is getting a real DT so we can actually get to passing situations, and stop the run without getting killed on playaction. This DL getting washed away just doesnt work in the playoffs. It can't.

The FA DT crop is a lot deeper than DE

-Randy Starks

-Henry Melton

-Terrance Knighton

-Sammie Lee Hill

-Roy Miller

-Seymour

-Pat Sims

-Desmond Bryant

-Glenn Dorsey

-Casey Hampton

-Isaac Sopoaga

-Aubrayo Franklin

-Corey Williams

-Sedrick Ellis

So as you can see there's a lot of big bodies set to hit FA. Some are rating Melton as the top 1 but we've got plenty of undersized DTs, we need a big body. We could sign a hog like Knighton to a multi year deal, and then give a guy like Pat Sims or Glenn Dorsey a 1 year "prove it" deal

DE Freeney/Osi, ROOKIE (1st round)

DT Babineaux, Peters

DT Knighton/Starks/Hill, Dorsey/Sims

DE Abe, Biermann

Now with something resembling a competitive DL, we can draft an athletic LB that can cover in the 2nd, and move Spoon to MLB, then look to add a corner in the 4th after taking a speed RB in the 3rd, hopefully they can both contribute in the return game where we need a weapon. All of a sudden D is looking a lot better

Now all we need is someone stupid enough to take Decoud in a trade so we can resign Moore and sign one of the many safeties set to hit FA, like Landry who we should have signed instead of Decoud last offseason. We should see if the Cowboys want him