Best Record in the NFL

1 Playoff win

The Frustration is ....

well I am almost done with Football over it

whats the answer ????

Fire M Smith ?

the guy who is 3 time COY in 5 yrs ????

Fire TD ?????

The Guy who Put Arguably The Most Talented Roster in the NFL on The field ????

Trade M Ryan ????

The Best QB in Franchise History and the most winning QB in his first 5 yrs in NFL History ???

we changed cords, that did help

but still

here we are

soooooooooooooo

you guys tell me

are we just Blackened ????

is it just never meant to be ????

is the game rigged ????

These are all questions I have asked myself this week.....

Shred, maybe you need to go see someone and lay on their couch! Like the Highlander, there can only be one, and yall, just aint it. Doesn't mean in won't happen, just not this season. That's the joy about football, there's always next season. Hang in there buddy!

Shred, maybe you need to go see someone and lay on their couch! Like the Highlander, there can only be one, and yall, just aint it. Doesn't mean in won't happen, just not this season. That's the joy about football, there's always next season. Hang in there buddy!

if we could not do it this yr

it aint gonna happen man

By this time next yr we will have a new head coach

and it will only get worse from there

Let me tell you, after so many years of frustration with the Saints, in the early 2000's in just sort of stepped away emotionally from them and just enoyed football because I thought we'd never win and the pain of constantly finding unbelievable statiscally impossible ways to lose was just TOO dayum painful emotionally. Then in 2006 we made it to the NFCCG and I honestly just wanted to MAKE it to the Super Bowl.

We lost the NFCCG and my heart was broken but my hope in my boys was rekindled. I felt good about our chances. Guess what? The next two years were mired in mediocrity and disappointment and I was even more hurt that the Saints sucked me back in.

Then in 2009, I knew. I just KNEW. That preseason I could tell. We had a new DC and we embarrassed teams because we just looked ready, in mid-season form.

Winning the Super Bowl that year was the greatest sports feeling ever. It erased YEARS of frustration, years of anguish and pain. It erased it all.

Hang in there. If you do, it will make it all the sweeter. Trust me.

Edited by SaintsFanInLA

I appreciate you guys....

but your Frustration was not as bad

you got the 1 seed Once

and made it count

Bigtime

we have had it twice in 3 yrs

and all we have to show for it today is our 2 Safeties Replacing guys who will play in the Super Bowl.....

a new level of Frustration , that really no team fan could understand, Its unprecedented man

Really

2 #1 seeds in 3 yrs

best reg season record of ANY NFL Team the last 5 yrs

and 1 Playoff win to show for it

its bad my dude

its very bad

I appreciate you guys....

but your Frustration was not as bad

you got the 1 seed Once

and made it count

Bigtime

we have had it twice in 3 yrs

and all we have to show for it today is our 2 Safeties Replacing guys who will play in the Super Bowl.....

a new level of Frustration , that really no team fan could understand, Its unprecedented man

Really

2 #1 seeds in 3 yrs

best reg season record of ANY NFL Team the last 5 yrs

and 1 Playoff win to show for it

its bad my dude

its very bad

This is the same pain I felt losing to the Niners last season. I hadn't felt that bad from a loss in years, and all you can do is think about what could have been, especially when you feel you had the best team. So trust when I tell you as the offseason goes on you'll start feeling better about the approaching season.

Yeah man. I'm quitting football now. Will probably ever watch it again until like, September. tongue.png

I felt you pain for many years Shred.

I seriously believe a change at the top, meaning Mike Smith, could be beneficial.

He has the talent, but they don't haver that killer instinct.

Or it could send us spiraling towards the bottom. Smith is no Sean Payton but he is the winningest coach in Falcons history. I wouldn't fire a coach after five straight winning seasons, two time top seed and division champions, four playoff appearances and an NFC championship game where we got just 10 yards away from a super bowl.

Edited by Da Bird is Da Word

Yeah man. I'm quitting football now. Will probably ever watch it again until like, September. tongue.png

Or it could send us spiraling towards the bottom. Smith is no Sean Payton but he is the winningest coach in Falcons history. I wouldn't fire a coach after five straight winning seasons, two time top seed and division champions, four playoff appearances and an NFC championship game where we got just 10 yards away from a super bowl.

Jim Mora, Sr. brought the Saints so close repeatedly and never got it done. As fans, we couldn't see past the success he had or the routine wins piling up, then before you knew it, the team spiraled downward. And it was over....

Not saying smitty is Mora, Sr., but you have to admit he's blown it in the big games repeatedly.

we got just 10 yards away from a super bowl.

I keep reading this from the Falcon faithful.

But you just as close to losing the week before against Seattle and nobody mentions that.

I recall another NFL club getting 1 yard away a few years back. It ended the same way for them.

Close only counts in Horseshoes. In the NFL close is spelled heartbreak.

Edited by SaintRay

been a week

I feel worse now than i did then

thought i may be over it by now

I am not

really its worse

2010 and 2012

#1 seeds

Best Record in the NFL

1 Playoff win

The Frustration is ....

well I am almost done with Football over it

whats the answer ????

Fire M Smith ?

the guy who is 3 time COY in 5 yrs ????

Fire TD ?????

The Guy who Put Arguably The Most Talented Roster in the NFL on The field ????

Trade M Ryan ????

The Best QB in Franchise History and the most winning QB in his first 5 yrs in NFL History ???

we changed cords, that did help

but still

here we are

soooooooooooooo

you guys tell me

are we just Blackened ????

is it just never meant to be ????

is the game rigged ????

These are all questions I have asked myself this week.....

that part almost brought me to tears...

no matter what, you still gotta keep your head up. you can't get too down or else you'll stop believing. there's always next year, just have some hope.

Im over it.... It was a great year a ton of fun and sad ending. But after 07. Im not sure anything will ever piss me off that bad again. But 07 made me appropriate every week. The Firing of coaches can be the worst thing ever.

Sure Tom Brady doesn't win the SB every year. But the man has had 12 winning seasons in a row! Thats freaking incredible. No QB has dominated the SB. Even as elite as Brady is he comes up short. Its the nature of the game. Any given sunday.....

But ive freaking enjoyed the ride. Sunday has been a great day for me all season long.

Sure Tom Brady doesn't win the SB every year. But the man has had 12 winning seasons in a row! Thats freaking incredible. No QB has dominated the SB. Even as elite as Brady is he comes up short. Its the nature of the game. Any given sunday.....

uhhhh, yea there are 2 for sure

J Montana and T Bradshaw

they dont know the pain of losing Super Bowls

Sounds like a bunch of candy azz whiners on here that cannot appreciate what they have?

5 straight winning seasons

Great FO and owner

This teams current regime has accomplished way more than the previous 42 seasons combined

We were what 10 yards from the SB with some holes on both sides of the ball?

That with a limited defense and practically no running game

Rome wasn't built in a year

If all you wah wah whiners want to jump ship then go ahead and join the swampers or cowgirls for all us Falcons fans care

Look at the bright side of things

We could be a fan of the saints, Meows, buccies, or cowgirls

Thank your lucky stars we are not

julio.gif

You are the absolute worst fan in here and it's not even close. The passionate fans legitimately hurt after the loss, no one is abandoning the team fool, they appreciate the current state of the team, but they unlike you want a title now, not hope they follow the blueprint of other teams that took a certain length of time to finally win a SB.

For someone who claims to be so old, you definitely have no wisdom that your later years should have afforded you.

blah blah blah.. sick of these whiners who do not know how good they have it right now. A lot of us suffered through some very rough times with the Rankins going way back. AB has put a fine product on the field the ever since he's owned the team, especially the last 5 years. We have great hope of winning this thing very soon. Good god man, we have teams in sports tht have not won it all in over a century. Fans were asked what they wanted win AB took over and most of them said a consistent winner. Well, that's what AB has brought to us...So for all you big time wah wah whiners, if WFW hurt your feelings too bad. Grow a pair, and enjoy what we have right now!

julio.gif

Again, you don't have the authority to tell anyone how they should feel about the Falcons, especially not now as they are about to watch a SB that they feel they should be playing in. If you don't feel that way then fine that's on you, but acting like a grade A prick won't get your weak point across any better.

Not telling them what to do, but suggesting they are acting a certain way is within WFW rights because that's the way spoiled children act nowadays...present day parenting has a lot to do with these want it all now society children!

julio.gif

Thank you Dr. Phil.

Now back to regularly scheduled football programming.

Not telling them what to do, but suggesting they are acting a certain way is within WFW rights because that's the way spoiled children act nowadays...present day parenting has a lot to do with these want it all now society children!

julio.gif

Spoiled to what? Do you not understand THE FALCONS HAVE NOT WON ANYTHING! Dayum it's like you have a metal plate in your head. The real Falcons fans enjoys watching the team compete year in and year out, that's not the issue, the issue is they want the results that usually comes with it and that's playoff success and SB titles. I'm assuming they're not trying to mirror the results of teams that took a certain amount of time to win in order to compensate for the pain that they feel for not winning it when they were as close as they were.