Off The Beaten Path Question--Why After Nearly 5 Years Is The Media Struggling To Pronounce "dimitroff"

Nono

It just seems so dissrespectful when I hear the media and others pronounce TD's last name as

1) "Demi" troff

2) "Demee" troff

3) "Demitt" troff

I was under impression that it is 3---so why does Buck Belue and others from ESPN etc screw this up? Its funny and dissrepectful at the same time.

I don't say "Bayrock" Obama or Barock O "bama" and this is a much tougher name

Edited by Nono

It just seems so dissrespectful when I hear the media and others pronounce TD's last name as

1) "Demi" troff

2) "Demee" troff

3) "Demitt" troff

I was under impression that it is 3---so why does Buck Belue and others from ESPN etc screw this up? Its funny and dissrepectful at the same time.

You are FOS. I know a lot of people, and some that voted for him that can't say his name. I have hear Back Rack, Obomo. To be fair, the president is a lot more popular than our GM.

1) "Demi" troff

2) "Demee" troff

3) "Demitt" troff

They also mispronounce the Atlanta "Hocks" and 'UhlaanTUH and Ros WELL.

1) "Demi" troff

2) "Demee" troff

3) "Demitt" troff

I always thought it was #2. If it were #3, there should be 2 "T"'s in the name because you are using the consonant twice, once in each syllable.

The first time I met TD, I asked him straight up how to properly pronounce his name, as I'd heard it three different ways and didn't want to get it wrong. He told me it was duh-mitt-roff phonetically, but also pointed out that it's pronounced two different ways within his own family.

The first time I met TD, I asked him straight up how to properly pronounce his name, as I'd heard it three different ways and didn't want to get it wrong. He told me it was duh-mitt-roff phonetically, but also pointed out that it's pronounced two different ways within his own family.

And there you go---ask and you get the answer JOEinPHX sums it up and all the other answers are right on too +1 thanks guys