Comparing An Old Cowboy Team To The Current Falcon Team

Willy Mo

taken from an article about NFL franchises

It never got any better for Cowboys fans than it did on: January 16, 1972

Led by phenom quarterback and Navy veteran Roger Staubach, eight years removed from his Heisman-winning season in Annapolis, the Cowboys crushed the Dolphins, 24-3, in Super Bowl VI to capture the organization's first NFL championship. It ended the reputation as the "team that can't win the big game" the club had acquired after losing five straight years in the playoffs, often in excruciating fashion.

hmm....

Edited by #1WilliamMooreFan

didn't know that, but Yea, some people act as if every season is the last nfl season ever, and if you don't win it all, its a complete failure and atl will never win, but those people are mostly not falcon fans, and they just come around to spread their hate to try to bring people down to their level of misery.

didn't know that, but Yea, some people act as if every season is the last nfl season ever, and if you don't win it all, its a complete failure and atl will never win, but those people are mostly not falcon fans, and they just come around to spread their hate to try to bring people down to their level of misery.

46 and counting...

Took Dallas 12...

JS

46 and counting...

Took Dallas 12...

JS

finally! the response I've been waiting for....

and it's "5 rings."

maybe I should've put in "in before 5 rings" in the post.

infact, I'll do that whenever I'm arguing with a cowboy fan.

Edited by #1WilliamMooreFan

Starting to think the whole thing is rigged man....

i know its not the first time any of you have heard this....

Case n Point

who won it ?

another example

1st quarter NFC Championship Game

Niners didnt even look like they belonged on same Field with Falcons

yet a call here call there

timely int and more timely fumble and Niners win

Ray is gonna retire

just a coincidence that Flacco out plays both Manning and Brady

and C Baily, one of the NFLs best Corners is Torched on Multiple TD Passes

if it looks like shyt

smells like shyt

chances are its shyt

Starting to think the whole thing is rigged man....

i know its not the first time any of you have heard this....

Case n Point

who won it ?

another example

1st quarter NFC Championship Game

Niners didnt even look like they belonged on same Field with Falcons

yet a call here call there

timely int and more timely fumble and Niners win

Ray is gonna retire

just a coincidence that Flacco out plays both Manning and Brady

and C Baily, one of the NFLs best Corners is Torched on Multiple TD Passes

if it looks like shyt

smells like shyt

chances are its shyt

Soooooo no chance that the Ravens just played their a$$es off and just won the game? It's not like they haven't outplayed the Patirots before and loss, so now they outplay them and win and it's fixed? C'mon Shred, don't feed into that nonsense. As far as the Falcons and Niners go, the NFL didn't make Ryan fumble that snap, they didn't make HD stumble and fall in route to an easy TD. So let me ask you another question was the game against Seattle rigged in the Falcons favor or is it only rigged when they lose?

Soooooo no chance that the Ravens just played their a$$es off and just won the game? It's not like they haven't outplayed the Patirots before and loss, so now they outplay them and win and it's fixed? C'mon Shred, don't feed into that nonsense. As far as the Falcons and Niners go, the NFL didn't make Ryan fumble that snap, they didn't make HD stumble and fall in route to an easy TD. So let me ask you another question was the game against Seattle rigged in the Falcons favor or is it only rigged when they lose?

It's only rigged when we lose. : D

speaking of Seahawks

are you really gonna tell me they lost their SB to Pitt over any reason but the Refs ?

not just 1 call, but a whole game of calls going against them

very easy to rig a game

Yes, there were bad calls in the game, but using that as a means to say the game was rigged is still far fetched IMO. Again, let me ask you this was the game against the Falcons and the Seahawks rigged in the Falcons favor?

Yes, there were bad calls in the game, but using that as a means to say the game was rigged is still far fetched IMO. Again, let me ask you this was the game against the Falcons and the Seahawks rigged in the Falcons favor?

starting to think so

we lose that one and The Dome is empty next yr

So, you're telling other Falcons fans you think that win wasn't legit and only earned through the help of the NFL?

no

I am telling other NFL Fans how I feel

you gonna tell me we can shut out world champions

then give up 24 in the 4th to a Rookie QB with no WRs ?????

In the Playoffs ??????

was good TV

and now there will be no Fan Fall off ....

The Dome will again be sold out all yr

and that coin will still flow thru the Company

no1 had to Give Falcons anything

I Still Believe we were The Best Team in The NFL in 2012

Not only most Talented

but best Coached , as our Record setting lack of Penalties clearly Shows

yea I am Bitter

no

I am Pizzed

let me vent

no

I am telling other NFL Fans how I feel

you gonna tell me we can shut out world champions

then give up 24 in the 4th to a Rookie QB with no WRs ?????

In the Playoffs ??????

was good TV

and now there will be no Fan Fall off ....

The Dome will again be sold out all yr

and that coin will still flow thru the Company

no1 had to Give Falcons anything

I Still Believe we were The Best Team in The NFL in 2012

Not only most Talented

but best Coached , as our Record setting lack of Penalties clearly Shows

yea I am Bitter

no

I am Pizzed

let me vent

Go ahead Brother vent, that's your God given right, but as a rival fan let me say this, the Falcons won that game straight up, no questions asked, and just fell short in the NFCCG.

haha, thanks for making my case

Our longest drought is 16 years...

In the last 5 years the Falcons have the best regular season record. In the last 5 year these teams have more playoff wins in the NFC...

Green Bay Packers: five playoff wins

Arizona Cardinals: four playoff wins

New Orleans Saints: four playoff wins

New York Giants: four playoff wins

Honorable mention NFC teams with three playoff wins since 2006 Chicago Bears, Philadelphia Eagles, Seattle Seahawks

Also in that time the Cowboys have 1 playoff win, the same amount as the Falcons now.

So, its not about winning it every year, its about consistency, when it matters.

Edited by Enlightend32

Horrible argument, so the buccies won a SB 11 years ago but have sucked for a decade after that? Or would we want to suck as bad az the cowgirls or Arizona right now? No thanks...

How are you better than the Cowboys? In the last 5 years you have EXACTLY the same amount of playoff wins as the Cowboys. How is that better? Dallas is 1-2 over that time and you all are 1-4. Congrats.

If you polled most cowgirls fans and most Falcons fans the unbiased opinion would be the Falcons fans have had something to root for in the last 5 seasons...cowgirls fans not so much! See fans go into every season enjpying wins and making the playoffs. Most reasonable fans knows how hard it is to win a SB. So in the meantime you settle for what the Falcons are doing, not what the cowgirls are doing each season.

in before 5 rings

If you polled most cowgirls fans and most Falcons fans the unbiased opinion would be the Falcons fans have had something to root for in the last 5 seasons...cowgirls fans not so much! See fans go into every season enjpying wins and making the playoffs. Most reasonable fans knows how hard it is to win a SB. So in the meantime you settle for what the Falcons are doing, not what the cowgirls are doing each season.

So explain to me how 1-4 is better than 1-2.

This should be good...

Edited by Enlightend32

Most reasonable fans knows how hard it is to win a SB. So in the meantime you settle for what the Falcons are doing, not what the cowgirls are doing each season.

julio.gif

I don't believe in settling. You've been settling for 47 years.

I believe my team should win the SB every year or we failed.

In the last 3 seasons we failed.

Apparently the cowgirls haven't believed in much of anything in almost two decades...J/S

In these parameters, the Falcons have been failures for the last 4 decades. Regardless of what you say, there is NOTHING that makes the Falcons better than the Cowboys. Now or in the past.