I am so tired of hearing that our playoff failures are Matt Ryans fault. When i ask people why they say that they say because he threw a int and fumbled in the 2nd half. Oh you mean the interception that Roddy fell down on? Wait didnt the 49ers score on us on every drive besides the last one in the second half. Maybe we should have took Glenn Dorsey or Jake Long LMAO. We have a great young QB. Its funny how you all loved Vick and he sucked, But you all hate Ryan and he is good. Bottom line is we would have won that game with the saints defense. Lay off the only person on our team who spends as much time studying the game as the coaches. He is all we got He is all we need.

People who hate on ryan and claim to be falcon fans are idiots or trolls who arent even fans. If ur talking about people on the boards just ignore em. There looking to get people fired up. If everyone would ignore em they would go away. People cant resist though

Yea i know but god i hate the saints and i could not bring myself to the stupidity level to say this season is drew brees fault.

I am so tired of hearing that our playoff failures are Matt Ryans fault. When i ask people why they say that they say because he threw a int and fumbled in the 2nd half. Oh you mean the interception that Roddy fell down on? Wait didnt the 49ers score on us on every drive besides the last one in the second half. Maybe we should have took Glenn Dorsey or Jake Long LMAO. We have a great young QB. Its funny how you all loved Vick and he sucked, But you all hate Ryan and he is good. Bottom line is we would have won that game with the saints defense. Lay off the only person on our team who spends as much time studying the game as the coaches. He is all we got He is all we need.

AMEN BROTHA

well there is no doubt that his mistakes helped us lose the game, fumble actually was matt's fault. with that being said dude played lights out and we have a special special quarterback that just led us to a come back win over a blown lead and poor effort by our defense followed by another poor effort, when your up 20-0 or 17-0 your supposed to be able to relax on defense. if we didnt have matt ryan we would suck

Edited by Miller2Rison

well there is no doubt that his mistakes helped us lose the game, fumble actually was matt's fault. with that being said dude played lights out and we have a special special quarterback that just led us to a come back win over a blown lead and poor effort by our defense followed by another poor effort, when your up 20-0 or 17-0 your supposed to be able to relax on defense. if we didnt have matt ryan we would suck

those turnovers hurt. But i think we all can admit. If he didnt play as well as he did in the playoffs we wouldnt have had a shot at winning either game. Our defense flat out sucked in both games. There were 2 drives in the playoffs were the offense didnt even have a third down.

In the end it's just a game. But there are folks who live and breathe this. It becomes life and death with this push to bend you to their vision of how and who should be a Falcon. The grass is always greener else where, their pet player should get more time, this other coach would do this. These people are not true fans of the Falcons.

Well, not one to critique who is or is not a Falcon fan, and I take exception to anyone here who does so based upon differering opinions. The fact that the past five years under Ryan have been the most prolific in franchise history speaks for itself. Do we all wish things have been different against the Niners? Sure. My question would be why single out an indivuial, who try as some may, can't dispute, that without Ryan, this time is a .500 team at best.

Far from a "Homer", and have been a strong distractor as to what I find fault with this team, but Ryan is far down the food chain in that regard.

I get what you are saying, but you just threw salt in his argument. He didn't say that Matt Ryan didn't make mistakes, or that it didn't contribute to the loss. He's saying that he was tired of hearing the BS about everything is Ryan's Fault.

I get what you are saying, but you just threw salt in his argument. He didn't say that Matt Ryan didn't make mistakes, or that it didn't contribute to the loss. He's saying that he was tired of hearing the BS about everything is Ryan's Fault.

Which leads to what some just don't get. NFL QBs get too much blame when thing go wrong and, too much praise when thing go well, rather than buying in to the team concept.

Throwing for 400 yards, 3 TDs , completing 70% of your passes and finishing the day with a 114 rating is not losing your team the game.

Ryan played better against the 49ers #1 ranked defense then Brady, Brees and Rodgers the week before...all of those QBs struggled against the 49ers defense.

Just last week Ryan and the offense put up more points on the seahawks #2 ranked defense then ANYONE has all year, including brady, rodgers, kaepernick, alex smith and other QBs people like to **** ride.

The falcons rushing offense and defense finished BOTTOM 10 overall. The falcons relied on Matt Ryans arm and recievers to win most games because they were one- dimensional pretty much this entire year. The falcons finished 13-3 with the #1 seed in the NFC and about 10 yards away from the superbowl. If the falcons actually get a good running back, and some good pass rushers imagine what they could do....

Imagine what the falcons could do if they actually became a team that can hold its own weight at every position not just a few,,,

PLAYOFFS

1st Half: Atlanta 37, Opponents 14

2nd Half: Opponents 42, Atlanta 17

Yeah...Ryan is the problem wacko.png

We scored 10 in the second half of the play-offs, not 17.

That being said, I honestly can't understand why we're still going in circles on this. The blame in a team sport loss lies with the TEAM. One more offensive touchdown, we would have won. One more defensive stand, we would have won. One explosive special teams play, we would have won. H*ll, maybe even a different coaching move (time-out after the injury), we would have won.

Time to stop assigning blame and move forward. We were good enough to be a few yards and plays from the Big Dance.

Bring in some new players, stay healthy, and we will get our shot again.

Or we could blow up the team that got us that close, trade the QB, and fire the coach. That could work too.

The 9ers stayed patient in the champ game they knew they had a good defense that would eventually click and they knew we could not run the ball and our defense could not stop the run. Our D got outmatched guys and it would not have been so bad if Matt didn't have to continue to throw the ball with a near non-existant running game to stay ahead. Man when you're up like we were and you can't run the ball you get the result we got. Our defensive effort would've been adequate enough (not saying I was happy with it or it was good) to put us in position to win had we been able to run more effectively.

I agree with gravedigger I haven't seen too many folks bashing Ryan, from my conclusions from the board people were pretty saying the "D" absolutely needs to get fixed

nobody blames only ryan for the loss. there were other factors involved. there are however some delusional posters attempting to absolve ryan of any guilt as if he played great the entire game. he did in the first half. that was a great performance but the second half was not what you expect from someone with the nickname "ice". matty romo would be a better description of the clown who was behind center in the second half.

can u imagine what would happened if pete carroll didnt save ryans career by icing our kicker. the suicide rate of this board would be sky high

LMFAO at the use of "our" in there from a guy with 4 posts and the username joey ice. Enjoy the Superbowl next week, Ravens fan, your team earned it. But why not go enjoy it on your own boards? laugh.png