Harry Douglas Best Hands In The Nfc South

Clark Kent™

ummmm.... He NEEDED to make the play against 9ers but didn't run the route correctly so he ended up stumbling and bumbling to a questionable catch instead if strolling into the end zone for a lead very late in the game.

Ummm Welker dropped a game winning pass last year as well. Mistakes happen. All there is to it.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shoulda kept the Jenk Man as our third WR. One of Ryan's favorite targets.

Yea it would have cost us a mil or two in cap dollars but it was worth it.

Buddy wouldn't have tripped over the hash mark in clutch time last Sunday. Trust me.

Dude dam near doubled HD's receptions and yards, plus tripled his TDs since 2008.

MM and Smitty tried to give HD his job and he couldn't take it.

We need a #3 WR on the roster that can give HD a run for his money, which should be easy.

Buddy wouldn't have tripped over the hash mark in clutch time last Sunday. Trust me.

Dude dam near doubled HD's receptions and yards, plus tripled his TDs since 2008.

We need a #3 WR on the roster that can give HD a run for his money, which should be easy.

That was a head scratcher really. He could have been very useful with JJ and White. I didn't care much for him as the #2, but as a slot receiver...that would have been a different type of game.

Lol another quality post brought to you by FFS1970

Hmmm i wonder if him being #2 WR before Julio got here instead of a slot man who is not featured that much in our offense had anything to do with him having more yards and receptions.

Buddys lead footed self would have been nowhere near open on that play either. Dude probably runs a 5.0 now lol

Edited by Clark Kent

Lol another quality post brought to you by FFS1970

Hmmm i wonder if him being #2 WR before Julio got here instead of a slot man who is not featured that much in our offense had anything to do with him having more yards and receptions.

Buddys lead footed self would have been nowhere near open on that play either. Dude probably runs a 5.0 now lol

The Jenk Man was the fourth option when he was here, behind Turner, Roddy and TonyG.

HD has been on the roster since 2008. He was basically handed The Jenk Man's job in 09 and 10 and couldn't take it. In fact Weems took HD's job in 2010 when Jenk got hurt at Friday Night Lights. The offense didn't get going til the Jenk Man came back that year when we went 13-3.

The Jenk Man was the fourth option when he was here, behind Turner, Roddy and TonyG.

HD has been on the roster since 2008. He was basically handed The Jenk Man's job in 09 and 10 and couldn't take it. In fact Weems took HD's job in 2010 when Jenk got hurt at Friday Night Lights. The offense didn't get going til the Jenk Man came back that year when we went 13-3.

The Jenk man was the #2 WR when he was here. If want to claim he was behind Turner as well then that makes HD the #5 option behind Roddy, Julio, Turner and Gonzo. Not sure if serious? He has always been behind Jenkins when he was here. Wow

He was never handed Jenkins job. I seriously question everything you say now lol. HD did have opportunitys to take Jenkins job and never ran away with it yes, but he was never given anyones job. He never impressed me that much as a #2 WR. He has always done most of his damage out of the slot. A position that Jenkins COULD NOT play on a consistent basis.

I lol'd hard at the bolded part. As if he is a game changing player. Dude never even had a 100 yard game with the Falcons in his entire career.

Edited by Clark Kent

I think Tony retiring could be addition by subtraction and Douglas is going to benefit. Teams let him roam free with so many weapons and Matt has missed him open in the past because he was a designed late progression being the 4th option most time. Matt will be forced to look at him earlier and that might not be a bad thing. Always been a Douglas fan. The tripping and falling was inexcusable yes, but Douglas has given this team some good play. Don't forget clutch catches he has had, and little first downs he has picked up in key moments, and he stepped up nicely in Julio's absence when he was injured for a few games as a rook. He's not going anywhere.

The Jenk man was the #2 WR when he was here. If want to claim he was behind Turner as well then that makes HD the #5 option behind Roddy, Julio, Turner and Gonzo. Not sure if serious? He has always been behind Jenkins when he was here. Wow

He was never handed Jenkins job. I seriously question everything you say now lol. HD did have opportunitys to take Jenkins job and never ran away with it yes, but he was never given anyones job. He never impressed me that much as a #2 WR. He has always done most of his damage out of the slot. A position that Jenkins COULD NOT play on a consistent basis.

I lol'd hard at the bolded part. As if he is a game changing player. Dude never even had a 100 yard game with the Falcons in his entire career.

You obviously don't know your Falcon history.

In 2009 HD was running with the ones in training camp ahead of the Jenk Man and blew his knee out.

He was projected as the #2 WR in 2010 and was given the job when the Jenk Man went down on an underthrown ball by Ryan in a freakin Friday Light Nights scrimmage. We ended up going with Weems at #2 ahead of HD in game one at PIT because HD couldn't handle the role.

The offense was stuck in the mud until the Jenk Man came back against PHI in game 6. They went on to be one of the best all time Falcon offenses when he came back, finishing 13-3 and 5th in points scored at 25.9.

In 2009 HD was running with the ones in training camp ahead of the Jenk Man and blew his knee out.

He was projected as the #2 WR in 2010 and was given the job when the Jenk Man went down on an underthrown ball by Ryan in a freakin Friday Light Nights scrimmage. We ended up going with Weems at #2 ahead of HD in game one at PIT because HD couldn't handle the role.

The offense was stuck in the mud until the Jenk Man came back against PHI in game 6. They went on to be one of the best all time Falcon offenses when he came back, finishing 13-3 and 5th in points scored at 25.9.

You obviously don't know yours lol. Jenkins went down with injury so obviously HD is the next man up. He wasn't given anything. And i have yet to say 1 time that HD should have or would be a better #2 WR. I said is a better slot WR which he is. There is no debate there. I was a Jenkins supporter, but he was never some great #2 guy. He was very average WR, but not as bad as people used to make him out to be. Definitely not a slot guy.

Like Jenkins is some game changing/dynamic player who makes our offense work? Please go.

Ummm maybe because he is the 4th option in our offense behind 3 superstars in this league. Dude dropped one pass all season. I'll say he is producing about as good as he can.

If he is the fourth option, it is for a reason. I refer you back to the portipn of my post you didn't highlight. I promise you Matt isn't shutting Harry out because none of the cool kids like him.

With White, Jones, and Gonzalez on the field a lot of journeymen WR's could have done what Harry did. That makes him correctly rated, not underrated.

My guess is he won't even be the 3rd option if Tony retires. Whoever plays TE will prove to be a better option than Harry over time. I want him to be special, he just isn't. He is just a cool dude everyone likes. He's not even Brian Finneran quality...and that is the role he is supposed to be filling.

If he is the fourth option, it is for a reason. I refer you back to the portipn of my post you didn't highlight. I promise you Matt isn't shutting Harry out because none of the cool kids like him.

With White, Jones, and Gonzalez on the field a lot of journeymen WR's could have done what Harry did. That makes him correctly rated, not underrated.

My guess is he won't even be the 3rd option if Tony retires. Whoever plays TE will prove to be a better option than Harry over time. I want him to be special, he just isn't. Its just a cool dude everyone likes. He's not even Brian Finneran quality...and the is the role he is supposed to be filling.

Harry did everything he could with what he was given. He dropped one pass this year. With all the talk on this board talking about his hands/consistency that is just not accurate. Yeah he is not going to put up Julio and Roddy numbers because he is not a Roddy/Julio type talent. He is a slot WR and a good one.

Who knows how we will move our offense without Tony. If it was up to me i would hope we try to make our run game more effective and rely on that more than throwing the ball even more than we already do. He is not a Brian Finneran type WR. Finn was a primarily outside WR and goal line threat. Harry made plays when given the chance. He made plenty of 3rd down catches.

So tired of some of the clowns on here saying Harry Douglas is overrated or inconsistent blah blah blah. Fact is the guy is not going to put up monster numbers being behind Roddy, Julio, and Tony Gonzalez. As a slot WR he is a great player. This article was written earlier this month. Its nothing new, but apparently several people have not seen it. And obviously just make their opinions without watching any games.

Although Tampa Bay’s Vincent Jackson went deep into the season before dropping his first pass, Atlanta’s Harry Douglas had the NFC South’s best hands in 2012. At least if you go by the numbers.

Douglas finished with a division-high 97.4 catch percentage (receptions divided by receptions plus drops), according to ESPN Stats & Information. Douglas made 38 catches and had only one drop. Douglas was targeted 56 times.

Jackson and Atlanta’s Roddy White were targeted far more often than Douglas and they finished just behind him in catch percentage. White, who was targeted 138 time, finished with a 96.8 catch percentage and Jackson (141 targets) finished at 96 percent.

http://espn.go.com/b...atch-percentage

LOL clown.

There's a reason it says "at least if you go by the numbers".

Douglas is overrated by the fan base to an unbelievable degree. There are some people who have talent and thrive in the slot, and then there are some people who just never really make an impact. The latter is Harry Douglas.

He had 38 catches this year, all of the short slot variety except for his one sort-of catch in the playoffs that was ruled a catch (close call, but happy it hapened).

Of course he is going to have the highest catch rate of any of the WRs. VJax, Roddy, Julio, Steve Smith, Marques Colston, even Lance Moore etc. all take several deep shots and go over the middle. HD was our #4 receiving option, drew a LB or 4th CB in coverage, and ran quick outs. 38 over 16 games? So he caught less than 2.5 balls a game.

LOL.

Yes, so let's take this statistical sample, call him Mr. Glue Hands, and go on and on about about how at going on age 29 this is finally his breakout year in the slot. Christ I can't take it anymore. I applaud your perseverance, truly, but this is dead wrong. If you were GM, we'd have a team full of Harry Douglas receivers and would never have traded up for a Julio Jones, or traded a 2nd for a Tony Gonzalez. There's a reason when he leaves the Falcons no one will ever talk about him again. We'll remember Roddy, Julio, and TG. HD hasn't made an impact play in his life in the NFL.

Again, I'm not "hating on him". He's a fine #4 receiving option. That's all he is, however. If TG is done, we are losing our third #1 receiving option. HD can't come close to filling that void.

If you've ever taken a stat class, you'd throw this article out immediately. I'm starting to think you're younger than I first thought.

LOL clown.

There's a reason it says "at least if you go by the numbers".

Douglas is overrated by the fan base to an unbelievable degree. There are some people who have talent and thrive in the slot, and then there are some people who just never really make an impact. The latter is Harry Douglas.

He had 38 catches this year, all of the short slot variety except for his one sort-of catch in the playoffs that was ruled a catch (close call, but happy it hapened).

Of course he is going to have the highest catch rate of any of the WRs. VJax, Roddy, Julio, Steve Smith, Marques Colston, even Lance Moore etc. all take several deep shots and go over the middle. HD was our #4 receiving option, drew a LB or 4th CB in coverage, and ran quick outs. 38 over 16 games? So he caught less than 2.5 balls a game.

LOL.

Yes, so let's take this statistical sample, call him Mr. Glue Hands, and go on and on about about how at going on age 29 this is finally his breakout year in the slot. Christ I can't take it anymore. I applaud your perseverance, truly, but this is dead wrong. If you were GM, we'd have a team full of Harry Douglas receivers and would never have traded up for a Julio Jones, or traded a 2nd for a Tony Gonzalez. There's a reason when he leaves the Falcons no one will ever talk about him again. We'll remember Roddy, Julio, and TG. HD hasn't made an impact play in his life in the NFL.

Again, I'm not "hating on him". He's a fine #4 receiving option. That's all he is, however. If TG is done, we are losing our third #1 receiving option. HD can't come close to filling that void.

If you've ever taken a stat class, you'd throw this article out immediately. I'm starting to think you're younger than I first thought.

I'm not surprised another garbage post by you.

Do i need to go to that other thread and quote you and what you wrote? Something along the lines of " Harry has way too many drops " . When this article says the EXACT opposite? And this was after you bragged about how "spot on" your analysis is. I don't need to hear anything more out of you about HD.

I have not talked him up in this thread saying he would put up 1,000 yards if he was our #2 WR. I have already stated that i don't view him as a #2 WR. I haven't over rated him at all. I have rated him where he is. And that is a very good slot WR. Is there other guys who are better? Yeah absolutely, but he is a very good slot WR and he makes plays with what he is given. He is a reliable target and has made plenty of 3rd down or other big catches for us.

If I were a GM i would keep him on my roster because we already have 2 playmakers out wide and a solid/reliable slot guy who does not drop the ball. If we can find an upgrade in a late round then yeah theres nothing wrong with taking a flier, but thats a luxury.

Oh please kid don't even get started on the age . You have shown your immaturity on more than one occasion with your constant name calling when someone disagrees. And claiming you are being stalked because I post my opinion in your threads. The exact same thing your doing in my thread now. Just stop lol

Edited by Clark Kent

Thank you. As a poster who has been here for a while I know you have a good feel for the team, and I very well am aware of the many chances HD has been given to take a top WR role. I am pretty sure Clark Kent is 14. I first thought 20, but then some of his arguments made me think 17. Now knowing that he thinks HD has never gotten a fair shake and that he has "the best hands in the NFC South", I know he has only been watching football for a year or two. Especially Falcon football.

You obviously don't know yours lol. Jenkins went down with injury so obviously HD is the next man up. He wasn't given anything. And i have yet to say 1 time that HD should have or would be a better #2 WR. I said is a better slot WR which he is. There is no debate there. I was a Jenkins supporter, but he was never some great #2 guy. He was very average WR, but not as bad as people used to make him out to be. Definitely not a slot guy.

Like Jenkins is some game changing/dynamic player who makes our offense work? Please go.

Please go? To a guy who's a good poster, eloquently annihilated your "argument", and knows the team well? Also, "being a better slot WR than #2 WR" in HD's case is by default, as he is not a good WR and was demoted from his chance at the #2 spot to the #3 spot, which by default lines up in the slot. He is going to lose looks next year to Kevin Cone and Drew Davis if we make no other moves at WR.

LOL dude.

Thank you. As a poster who has been here for a while I know you have a good feel for the team, and I very well am aware of the many chances HD has been given to take a top WR role. I am pretty sure Clark Kent is 14. I first thought 20, but then some of his arguments made me think 17. Now knowing that he thinks HD has never gotten a fair shake and that he has "the best hands in the NFC South", I know he has only been watching football for a year or two. Especially Falcon football.

Please go? To a guy who's a good poster, eloquently annihilated your "argument", and knows the team well? Also, "being a better slot WR than #2 WR" in HD's case is by default, as he is not a good WR and was demoted from his chance at the #2 spot to the #3 spot, which by default lines up in the slot. He is going to lose looks next year to Kevin Cone and Drew Davis if we make no other moves at WR.

LOL dude.

Can you be any more transparent? lol

You have no response to me because you were COMPLETELY off base with your "spot on analysis" of HD. You said " Matt doesn't like to throw to HD because he drops the ball way too much. Writers have written articles about it. Google it ". And whoa and behold the only article is commending him for only have 1 drop all year long. And this was after you boast about how everyone agrees your analysis is "spot on". So now you result to try and team up with anyone who has an opposing view than me instead of responding to my comment? Still waiting on you to just admit you were completely wrong about it.

And he destroyed my argument? Please explain how. Jenkins got hurt and Harry was the next an up. Thats how the NFL works lol. In the games that Jenkins missed, Harry failed to take the #2 job. As i've stated several times in this thread, I don't view Harry as a #2 WR. I view him as a very good slot WR. Wait. So you are trying to tell me that there is no such things as slot WR's? Are you saying if someone is a good slot WR then that means they are good on the outside? Because that is what Harry is. A slot WR. That is what he was labeled coming out of the draft. That is where he has done most of his damage. Another great comment by your spot on analysis.

And in addition to that he said Jenkins is what made our offense go. So a guy who never had even one single 100 yard game in his career as a Falcon and was known more so for his blocking than his receiving is the reason it got going? No thats not true. Yeah he totally destroyed my argument.

Kid I am dumbfounded by you bringing up age. I told you my age in last debate and you avoided telling yours. Hmm i wonder why?

Edited by Clark Kent