On The Clock

Knight of God

I cannot fib about it. I am really enjoying creating mocks this year with all of the available talent. I am about to use some time to just enjoy myself with AFMB. What I am intending is to do a slow mock.

What I mean is. I'm going to draft a player in this mock and tell a bit about the guy from what I know. Then I will repeat the process with every pick. I hope you guys enjoy it as much as I will.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Round 1

The Atlanta Falcons Select

Alec Ogletree - Georgia - 6'3" 234lbs

This guy runs hard, plays fast, and would make the perfect compliment to Sean Weatherspoon. Offenses would be forced to gameplan around two of our LB's instead of maybe one. Plus Nicholas could take Mike Peterson's role as a utility back-up. This move solves many questions as well as gives an automatic playmaker. This guy plays with the violence that our defense lacks. As a Bama fan, I know how disruptive he can really be.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jC8CmJtkN8c

Round 2

Alex Okafor - DE - Texas - 6'5" 261lbs

I know. Okafor...in the second round? Alex Okafor is actually listed as the number 7 DE on most draft boards and that doesn't necessarily include most teams who run a straight 3-4. Not that most who run the 3-4 actually care what scouts think anyways. I have read all kinds of things, but simply for this mock I am going to keep Okafor. This COULD happen and would be an awesome scenario for Nolan. Ogletree and Okafor? Maybe Okafor isn't the splash that we all hope for, but it would be a start.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGo3BVi_7Do

3rd Round

Brandon Williams DT - Missouri Southern State - 6'2" 341lbs

I seriously considered Travis Kelce TE, or maybe an OL. The thing here is...do I want to present MY mock, or do I want to make the boards happy? Here is what I think. I think we can get a TE in FA for very cheap and I think we HAVE a RG on the squad now. We just need to use him. I also think that a superman TE is a luxury and not a need. With that, we need help on the defense more than a little, so I picked this monster DT who is rocketing upward and is a serious beast. You want a guy like this no matter if you are using a 3-4, 4-3, 46. 3-3-5, or 4-2-5. Stats = 68 total tackles, 16.5 tackles for loss, 8.5 sacks, two pass breakups, eight quarterback hurries, five forced fumbles and a safety.

4th Round

Gavin Escobar TE - San Diego State - 6'5" 255lbs

Looks like Tony, plays like Tony, but isn't Tony. Thing is, he doesn't need to be. He just needs to know how to block and catch the ball short. Just wearing number 88 would probably get him a few extra touches and he may even surprise. Certainly not a needs pick, but is definitely a very intriguing pick.

4th Round

Lonnie Pryor RB - Florida State University - 6' 230lbs

Pay close attention. This is a running back guys. FB is his title, but he is exactly what we should be looking at. He's big, fast, powerful, and at the end of the day has little wear and tear from running. I can imagine him on some plays with Quizz or Snelling in the backfield with him...Ryan just feeling good about his choices. Mostly the fact that his style of play is exactly what we need. We need a guy who has fresh legs. This is he. Take it or leave it, I like this pick better than any other RB pick and if I were the GM...he would almost certainly be the RB in these parts come next year.

I never get tired of this video. Explosive blocks and runs. I don't think I'd worry about Ryan on pass plays if this guy is in the game.

3rd Round

Brandon Williams DT - Missouri Southern State - 6'2" 341lbs

I seriously considered Travis Kelce TE, or maybe an OL. The thing here is...do I want to present MY mock, or do I want to make the boards happy? Here is what I think. I think we can get a TE in FA for very cheap and I think we HAVE a RG on the squad now. We just need to use him. I also think that a superman TE is a luxury and not a need. With that, we need help on the defense more than a little, so I picked this monster DT who is rocketing upward and is a serious beast. You want a guy like this no matter if you are using a 3-4, 4-3, 46. 3-3-5, or 4-2-5. Stats = 68 total tackles, 16.5 tackles for loss, 8.5 sacks, two pass breakups, eight quarterback hurries, five forced fumbles and a safety.

SOLD high character hard working thanks if this guy hits the 3rd round I'll be surprised and if he does we'll be trading up to get him.

If Ogletree & Lacy are both there at 30, who do you take?

Ogletree and it isn't close..Defense defense and more defense we gotta give Mike Nolan the horse's to take this defense to the next level.

Ogletrees highlight footage speaaks for itself he'd be a perfect fit for who we are and what we do.

4th Round

Lonnie Pryor RB - Florida State University - 6' 230lbs

Pay close attention. This is a running back guys. FB is his title, but he is exactly what we should be looking at. He's big, fast, powerful, and at the end of the day has little wear and tear from running. I can imagine him on some plays with Quizz or Snelling in the backfield with him...Ryan just feeling good about his choices. Mostly the fact that his style of play is exactly what we need. We need a guy who has fresh legs. This is he. Take it or leave it, I like this pick better than any other RB pick and if I were the GM...he would almost certainly be the RB in these parts come next year.

I never get tired of this video. Explosive blocks and runs. I don't think I'd worry about Ryan on pass plays if this guy is in the game.

Like this guy alot to KOG but who are getting rid of if you went with Pryor its hit the road Snelling or Cox I'd say.

The thing about Ogletree is what position will he play in the NFL.

I have heard him potentially being a 4-3 OLB, MLB(4-3 or 3-4), or a 3-4 OLB in the NFL.

In our 43 sets I'd play him at the WILL and Spoon at the MIKE in a 34 kick him and Spoon inside.

I think he's what the doctor ordered and if we had to trade up for this guy I for one would'nt complain 1 iota.

The thing about Ogletree is what position will he play in the NFL.

I have heard him potentially being a 4-3 OLB, MLB(4-3 or 3-4), or a 3-4 OLB in the NFL.

I think he can play MLB in a 4-3 or 3-4 it's just he can't shed and is really light. If he puts on some pounds and continues to learn the LB position he will be fine. With him being a former safety this is farely new to him.

5th Round

Stansly Maponga DE - TCU - 6'2" 265

Its seriously time to offload some dead weight on the defense to make room for guys who can play. This guy is extremely raw, but with a few good players around him, can rotate with Abe and Biermann some. I think Mass may be getting some snaps, but Mass would have to come with it in the preseason if he didn't want to lose his seat at the table. You're looking at a guy who is strong, mean, and violent. All of his highlights are "Stansly Maponga Destroys..."

I think he can play MLB in a 4-3 or 3-4 it's just he can't shed and is really light. If he puts on some pounds and continues to learn the LB position he will be fine. With him being a former safety this is farely new to him.

Thats why I'd play him as Will backer in a 43 set I love his sideline to sideline speed and his play making ability he always seems to be around the ball..

I no I'm beating this guys drum hard but if it were me and I had to choose between Ogletree and anyone else in the 1st I'd take my man from Georgia.

If Ogletree gets past the Bears at 20 then it is very possible that he is available at 30 when Falcons pick.

it's possible. can't see the bears not taking a OL 1st round. cutler needs to stay clean/healthy two make a playoff run. the bears would really f up if cutler trade didn't pan out because of poor lineman.