Underrated Fa Options

bigjmw84

Matt Shaughnessy RDE/LDE 6-5 285(4-3 playing weight (270)

He is a very underrated DE who made noise in Oakland before having a season ending injury in 2011. Oakland changed to a 3-4 making him adjust to a new scheme as well as getting back to 100%. He also bulked up to 285 be more effective at 3-4 END. 3-4 DE's gont get many sacks and his numbers dont look as impressive at 3.5 sacks. Seeing that we run alot of 4-3 base, he can be utilized ln a way to maximize his talents. He still gets the job done as a 34 end as well stopping the run

James Casey TE/HBack 6-3 245

He is a guy that I think will explode once given a chance to have a starting role (ie.Turner) Has all the attributes you look for in a TE Versatile

Sammie Lee Hil DT/NG/DE 6-4 330

He's been burried under Suh and Fairly for the past couple of seasons. His PFF numbers have looked pretty good against the run and Pass.Definately more than a space eater. Versatile

Darryl Smith LB 6-2 245

He is a guy who has played lights out ever since he left GT. He is a very good tackler, and has good pass coverage skills. He was drafted by Coach Smith and approaching 30 making a high priced deal unlikely for him

If we found a way to sign all of these guy, we would be in great shape after the draft. All we would need is 2RB/1DE/1WR/2LB/1DT

1st:Alex Okafor

2nd:Joseph Randle

3rd:Alvin Bailey

4th:AJ Klein

4th:Spencer Ware

5thAbry Jones

6th:Chad Bumphis

7th:Christian Robinson

Totallllly with you on Darryl Smith. I want him more than anyone except Cliff Avril. I think he would be a great fit here. I like James Casey too. He is the dark horse Free Agent TE of the off-season IMO

Cliff Avril

Darryl Smith

Jared Cook

would be my ideal Free Agent signing portion of the offseason.

Then, Alex Okafor in the 1st round if he's there, otherwise Sam Montgomery.

Need a RB too...I like Montee Ball in the 3rd round but my first choice late is Marcus Lattimore. When he is healthy, the kid is going to wreck the NFL. (Just look at what McGahee, AP, Gore all did after suffering brutal ACL tears!)

James Casey played FB last year...get that stupid broadcast out of your head, he's an average player

He paved the way for Arian Fosters 1452 yards as a starting FB, and was behind a very good Owen Daniels. Seing that he has been primarily a lead blocker due to the talent at TE, he could be had for cheap because FB's dont get paid as much. We could offer something in between. Franchise Tag for TE in 13 is 5.9 and the highest paid FB in the game is Leach at 3mil. 3.5-4.5 mil per

I'm not saying he is the answer, but he's underrated. I like him for more a role player. He's not Tony G by any means, but we also don't have to use Casey like we used Tony G.

We already have a FB that we drafted, and we have two decent back up TEs, there's no room for him

How about we wait until we find out how much cap we will have? Right now, the only FAs we will be signing are Falcons FAs. Most of you guys have no clue how much cap we have (not directed at OP) and just want to be active in FA to have something to talk about again. We need to use the draft to fix our defense. Not either stopgap old guys or expensive guys we can't afford.

Totallllly with you on Darryl Smith. I want him more than anyone except Cliff Avril. I think he would be a great fit here. I like James Casey too. He is the dark horse Free Agent TE of the off-season IMO

Cliff Avril

Darryl Smith

Jared Cook

would be my ideal Free Agent signing portion of the offseason.

Then, Alex Okafor in the 1st round if he's there, otherwise Sam Montgomery.

Need a RB too...I like Montee Ball in the 3rd round but my first choice late is Marcus Lattimore. When he is healthy, the kid is going to wreck the NFL. (Just look at what McGahee, AP, Gore all did after suffering brutal ACL tears!)

we need a game changer and i believe Alex Okafor isnt Alec ogletree hes maybe 9 spots ahead which means he can drop or we can trade up and dont have to give alot. Me free agency i have us going all defense but im a big believer in strength up your strengths which means offense is a strength u have to make it better in places you think we can.

Free agency

I like smith too but i love Paul Kruger love Paul Kruger why settle for smith when u can pay a little more and get Paul Kruger who can fit either system 3-4 or 4-3. those two players would boster our linebacking core and make our defense better from day 1. Plus we will pay too much for avril another player like Ray edwards we have no need for a 4-3 DE we need a linebacker thats a tweener which in this league and every draft there will be alot.