Stephen Jackson.. Why Does Nobody Here Want Him?

dudouble

I personally would love to have him. Hes a beast. He can catch and hes still got that burst that turner doesnt have anymore.seems like hes coming towards the end of his career. Probably his last contract and im sure he wants to go to a contender. We could probably snatch him up cheap. Kind of a reminder of when corey dillion went to the pats at the end of his career. We are only a few pieces away

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand why people bring up age but still want a old guy in Osi. Age should mean nothing if production is still good. I know it's different positions but regardless the guy is old. Only thing that should be a concern is the money.

I dont want Osi either. No old guys kkthnxbye.

I don't understand why people bring up age but still want a old guy in Osi. Age should mean nothing if production is still good. I know it's different positions but regardless the guy is old. Only thing that should be a concern is the money.

Different positions is kind of an important distinction. Almost all RBs hit a wall at 30. Many D-linemen can play effectively into their early/mid 30s. In the case of a guy like Jackson who has literally carried his team for pretty much his entire career, he just doesn't have much left.

Not only is he creeping up on 30 -- that magic number where running backs fall off a cliff, but he's got a lot of wear on those legs. For years he was the ONLY thing the Rams had on offense to threaten teams and they used him as such. I honestly don't know how he's lasted this long.

It's a shame his prime was wasted on so many bad teams, but you don't bring in old running backs to get you over the hump.

Different positions is kind of an important distinction. Almost all RBs hit a wall at 30. Many D-linemen can play effectively into their early/mid 30s. In the case of a guy like Jackson who has literally carried his team for pretty much his entire career, he just doesn't have much left.

just wondering.

Decided to look up his stats... G GS Att Yds Avg Lng TD Rec Yds Avg Lng TD FUM Lost 2012 St. Louis Rams 16 16 257 1,042 4.1 46 4 38 321 8.4 22 0 -- -- 2011 St. Louis Rams 15 15 260 1,145 4.4 47T 5 42 333 7.9 50 1 2 1 2010 St. Louis Rams 16 16 330 1,241 3.8 42T 6 46 383 8.3 49 0 1 1 2009 St. Louis Rams 15 15 324 1,416 4.4 58 4 51 322 6.3 38 0 2 2 2008 St. Louis Rams 12 11 253 1,042 4.1 56T 7 40 379 9.5 53 1 5 3 2007 St. Louis Rams 12 12 237 1,002 4.2 54 5 38 271 7.1 37 1 5 2 2006 St. Louis Rams 16 16 346 1,528 4.4 59T 13 90 806 9.0 64T 3 4 2 2005 St. Louis Rams 15 15 254 1,046 4.1 51 8 43 320 7.4 27 2 3 3 2004 St. Louis Rams 14 3 134 673 5.0 48 4 19 189 9.9 28 0 1 1 TOTAL 2,395 10,135 4.2 59 56 407 3,324 8.2 64 8 23

Pretty consistent guy besides all the injuries..but that being said...he really only had one stand out year.

I completely agree. All it takes is one good season. If he can still do it, we should keep the door open on any opportunity.

I completely agree. All it takes is one good season. If he can still do it, we should keep the door open on any opportunity.

If Jackson is given his release and can be signed for 2.5 million per or less for a couple seasons then sure, seems like he should be effective if we can limit his carries to around 200 this season. This might save us from using a high pick this year on a back.

But if Jackson wants primo money? If we cut Turner for cap reasons, it makes no sense to sign a player to a 5 million plus contract per seasons unless he is going to stick around for a bit.

agreed. I just think if were making a run at a super bowl these options should be on the table.

Not that I want Osi, but there is a considerable difference in a 30 year old running back and a 32 year old DE. Especially when that RB has 2400 carries in 9 seasons

I love Stephen Jackson but we really need to go young in the positions where we are old. Just seems like a smart way to keep this franchise moving forward and replenishing it's roster.

I love Stephen Jackson but we really need to go young in the positions where we are old. Just seems like a smart way to keep this franchise moving forward and replenishing it's roster.

Exactly. Jackson has already gotten over 2300 NFL carries on his body. Has a long history of injuries and is about to be 30. No thank you.

Have to agree, the RB position isn't the glorified position it once was...but we need an upgrade regardless