Coffman

xSICKxWITHxITx

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution says the Falcons "could elect to go with" Chase Coffman as a pass-catching tight end in 2013.

Future Hall of Famer Tony Gonzalez is fully expected to retire this offseason, and it could be a chance for Coffman, a 2009 third-round pick by the Bengals, to salvage his career. "Chase is a very good receiving tight end. If Chase can... stay healthy, I think Chase has a very nice chance of being a quality football player in this league," said GM Thomas Dimitroff. Coffman, in our eyes, would seem to be a last resort if the position can't be addressed elsewhere in the offseason.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

im fine with him as our 2nd or third tight end but we need a true #1 guy. palmer or gallarda can be third as there both adequate blockers but we need either someone from the draft or a good free agent to be our 1.

COFFMAN MAYBE A SLEEPER NEXT YEAR. I SAY WE SHOULD GIVE THE GUY A CHANCE. I MEAN LOOK AT ARIAN FOSTER. NO ONE THOUGHT HE'D BE ANY GOOD. BUT LOOK AT 'EM NOW. AND TO THINK..........HE WASN'T EVEN DRAFTED.

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution says the Falcons "could elect to go with" Chase Coffman as a pass-catching tight end in 2013.

Future Hall of Famer Tony Gonzalez is fully expected to retire this offseason, and it could be a chance for Coffman, a 2009 third-round pick by the Bengals, to salvage his career. "Chase is a very good receiving tight end. If Chase can... stay healthy, I think Chase has a very nice chance of being a quality football player in this league," said GM Thomas Dimitroff. Coffman, in our eyes, would seem to be a last resort if the position can't be addressed elsewhere in the offseason.

COFFMAN IS A BEAST.........

COFFMAN IS A BEAST. I HOPE HE STAYS HERE NEXT YEAR. BUT I ALSO WOULDN'T MIND DRAFTING A TE EITHER........

COFFMAN MAYBE A SLEEPER NEXT YEAR. I SAY WE SHOULD GIVE THE GUY A CHANCE. I MEAN LOOK AT ARIAN FOSTER. NO ONE THOUGHT HE'D BE ANY GOOD. BUT LOOK AT 'EM NOW. AND TO THINK..........HE WASN'T EVEN DRAFTED.

COFFMAN IS A BEAST.........

81669137.jpg

Cause he is an extreme liability as a blocker. I can't imagine us ever lining him up inline blocking. He will be split out wide any time he is on the field. So he will pretty much just be a bigger WR. I do like his upside as a WR though.

So if we had Jimmy Graham would he be our number 2 TE? Not say he is him, but they have similarities.

He made just one nice catch in the playoffs and now everyone thinks he can be the man.. really? He's not better than Palmer and I think Gallarda is better aswell we need to sign Jared Cook and or draft someone like Travis Kelce in the draft

DUDE GO AND CHECK OUT HIS COLLEGE HIGHLIGHTS. CHASE HAS SKILLS. I SAY WE SHOULD GIVE 'EM A CHANCE.

No doubt Graham is better not sure he's a better blocker, but neither are good enough at it to argue about.

As far as the offenses go I agree, but could also see us changing more this offseason.

Graham is definitely a better blocker than Coffman. Yeah Graham lines up on the outside a good bit, but he lines up in the traditional TE spot a decent amount too.

I hope we do change it some and let Coffman run the seam. He is a huge matchup problem. Especially if he is capable of making ridiculous catches like he made in that game.

Graham is definitely a better blocker than Coffman. Yeah Graham lines up on the outside a good bit, but he lines up in the traditional TE spot a decent amount too.

I hope we do change it some and let Coffman run the seam. He is a huge matchup problem. Especially if he is capable of making ridiculous catches like he made in that game.

I'm sure Coffman has been trying to get stronger and better at blocking. It's why he's had know playing time. There's no doubt he can get better.

As far as Graham being a better blocker our you going off Graham now vs Coffman in college? If so you can't do that.

Also Coffman can make those tough catches he did all the time in college and no doubt he still has it.

DUDE GO AND CHECK OUT HIS COLLEGE HIGHLIGHTS. CHASE HAS SKILLS. I SAY WE SHOULD GIVE 'EM A CHANCE.

You can check out my highlights from 5 years ago too....

What has he done lately... Oh, nothing but one nice catch?

Calm down. We need a new #1 TE if Tony doesn't come back.

I'm sure Coffman has been trying to get stronger and better at blocking. It's why he's had know playing time. There's no doubt he can getbetter.

As far as Graham being a better blocker our you going off Graham now vs Coffman in college? If so you can't do that.

Also Coffman can make those tough catches he did all the time in college and no doubt he still has it.

I'm going of Graham now and Coffman now. I'm not hating on the guy. I am saying he is purely a receiving TE. And i like his ability, but i wouldn't declare him Tonys replacement.

Like the article said. If the position can't be filled via other means. Don't start with the beast stuff again. The guy has been in the NFL 3 seasons over 4 years and has 4 catches. He was a player in college, not so much since coming to the NFL. The Falcons are still going to target a TE in free agency or the draft because even they know you can't count on this guy.