Give Me Your 3 Moves/changes That Get Birds A Lombardi Next Year

i think that we are all on the same page! we need a DE for the other side of ABE,a big run stopping DT,Depth at LB out side of Spoon nobody really stepped up.on the offense we need some changes on the line run blocking was terrible G,T,Need to pick up a RB Turner is burned out.QB need to move Davis up to #2 he should be up to speed with the system by now just my 2 cents RISE UP in 2013!!!!!!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It actually seemed like to me our guys were tired and wore down at the end of the season. Mostly the D, they seemed tired and flat in the playoffs. Maybe this is why Fish got fired?

As far as changes I want a RB, RG and TE unless Coffman can play either through the draft or FA on O.

As far as D a FA DE then draft another DE high in the draft unless nobody good is left. Add a big NT that actually play not just a big guy to have one. Add a KR/PR.

That's what I want. Possibly some changes in the secondary and LB area. Add more depth after this.

I'm sorry, but lack of effective Cooordinators/OLC were deemed to be our problem in the past by most here, well those guys aren't around anymore. Whose next on the chopping block?

Running out of scapegoats. Smith, as much as I admire him better watch his back

I'm sorry, but lack of effective Cooordinators/OLC were deemed to be our problem in the past by most here, well those guys aren't around anymore. Whose next on the chopping block?

Running out of scapegoats. Smith, as much as I admire him better watch his back

Lol is it not clear the new OC and DC helped out quite a bit. We should actually be in the SB, but we are not.

If you don't see this I can't help you.

Lol is it not clear the new OC and DC helped out quite a bit. We should actually be in the SB, but we are not.

I think it is clear that the new OC helped. Crystal clear.

Instead of playing the worst game of the year in the playoffs, the Falcons offense played two of their best games of the year on offense in the playoffs.....even with being shut out in the second half of the Niners game.

The switch to Nolan....not so much. We got it done in the regular season but BVG's defense had a much better playoff game last year than the Falcons did this year in either playoff game.

Instead of playing the worst game of the year in the playoffs, the Falcons offense played two of their best games of the year on offense in the playoffs.....even with being shut out in the second half of the Niners game.

The switch to Nolan....not so much. We got it done in the regular season but BVG's defense had a much better playoff game last year than the Falcons did this year in either playoff game.

Wut? Nolan has been a huge upgrade over BVG

Nolan no doubt is better than BVG. If we had played a pocket passer in the playoffs no doubt we win. The coaches need to adjust and adapt to some of these new QBs. Can't really blame Nolan for not knowing we would be playing this many mobile QBs. If BVG was here we wouldnt have gotten past Seatle.

He wasn't when it mattered.

Not sure that BVG would have made a difference in the playoffs, and I KNOW Falcons wouldn't have had HFA with BVG's coaching in the regular season.

Falcons lack of size on the Dline and lack of LB coverage skills were exposed in the playoffs- don't see BVG being able to do anything better.

If they give Nolan some better players and another year to implement his scheme, and the result is the same next year, then yeah, but I'm giving him the benefit of a doubt for now.

Nolan no doubt is better than BVG. If we had played a pocket passer in the playoffs no doubt we win. The coaches need to adjust and adapt to some of these new QBs. Can't really blame Nolan for not knowing we would be playing this many mobile QBs. If BVG was here we wouldnt have gotten past Seatle.

No way of knowing that.

Our defense gave up 8 long TD drives in two playoff games. Only forced 3rd down 4 times while doing so. Two of those 4 third downs were 3rd and inches.

The word "pathetic" isn't a strong enough word for what our defense was in the playoffs.

Maybe it's the players, whatever, Nolan did not prove to be an upgrade when it mattered. Sorry, he just didn't.

Not sure that BVG would have made a difference in the playoffs, and I KNOW Falcons wouldn't have had HFA with BVG's coaching in the regular season.

Falcons lack of size on the Dline and lack of LB coverage skills were exposed in the playoffs- don't see BVG being able to do anything better.

If they give Nolan some better players and another year to implement his scheme, and the result is the same next year, then yeah, but I'm giving him the benefit of a doubt for now.

No, I'm not suggesting the Falcon make a change. Not at all. Just stating what is plainly obvious.

No way of knowing that.

Our defense gave up 8 long TD drives in two playoff games. Only forced 3rd down 4 times while doing so. Two of those 4 third downs were 3rd and inches.

The word "pathetic" isn't a strong enough word for what our defense was in the playoffs.

Maybe it's the players, whatever, Nolan did not prove to be an upgrade when it mattered. Sorry, he just didn't.

Nolan was and still is an upgrade. No DC I would rather have in the game. Coaches already said our players on D had to many mental errors. They said this going into half time.

I agree though that the D was definitely a disappointment in the playoffs. No matter how much is on the players Nolan does get some blame.

First off ,I don't need ur help. Just dam tired of the blame game and endless excuses that were once attributed to past coaches/coordinators, whom have been dropping like flies before our very eyes, and given Nolan's performance lately, he'll will be next up on the list of scapegoats.

Think about this for a moment with a clear head, when was the last team that has changed both coordinators/OLC, streghth coach, and I believe secondary coach in such a short time? See something wrong with that picture?

The problem lies further up in the "Food chain". If you can't see that, then I can't help you

Realize that- what I would say is that, if he can play Eli, Payton and Brees that well in the regular season, then it's probably lack of talent, particularly on the Dline, that was the problem.

Our talent was fine with pocket passers. Who could have predicted this many mobile QBs would have made a difference? Nobody, so now we have to adjust and add speed with a few other things.

First off ,I don't need ur help. Just dam tired of the blame game and endless excuses that were once attributed to past coaches/coordinators, whom have been dropping like flies before our very eyes, and given Nolan's performance lately, he'll will be next up on the list of scapegoats.

Think about this for a moment with a clear head, when was the last team that has changed both coordinators/OLC, streghth coach, and I believe secondary coach in such a short time? See something wrong with that picture?

The problem lies further up in the "Food chain". If you can't see that, then I can't help you

All you do is spit out negative things. I'm not convinced you know what your talking about, just take shots.

1.) HALFTIME ADJUSTMENTS- I thought at the beginning of the '12 season we had this problem licked with the way we came from out from halftime in the KC and San Diego games...but as the year progressed this ugly tendency to come out flat (particularly on defense) reared it's ugly head again and absolutely killed us in the postseason. I don't know if it's strictly a game planning issue, conditioning, apathy, philosophy or what but it's something that is definitely costing this team and is a major obstacle in it's path to greater success.

I am going to agree, but disagree.

It is obvious that SOMETHING changed with our team at halftime, but I don't think it was a lack of play calling adjustments (at least not JUST that). I can't remember which team it was (maybe the Saints?) that we were playing at home. We got an interception at the beginning of the game. The secondary celebrated. Then, Smitty ripped 'me a new one. I like Smitty with the exception that he doesn't let our guys play with passion. I think he's killing the emotional high at the half and that is why the team comes out flat. They go into the locker room jacked, and come out like they got steamrolled. I think THAT is the big thing that needs to change from half to half.