Montel Harris, RB, Temple (EW)

D.C. Jefferson, TE, Rutgers (EW)

Rod Sweeting, CB, Georgia Tech (EW)

Duke Williams*, S, Nevada (EW)

Terrance Williams, WR, Baylor (SR)

SR- senior bowl meeting

EW- east west game

* - more than one meeting

Terrance Williams is interesting. He's 6'3" 200 LB + wr who runs in 4.4 range. Good YAC guy who gets separation. With Tony G. Departing and HD not really claiming the #3 WR spot this wouldn't be a bad value pick in either first or second. I say first because after combine his stock could go up (he's projected as round 2 now)

Here's a link

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1695645/terrance-williams

I'm thinking Falcons are adding some defensive FAs this year

Guest Negatorris

Terrance Williams is projected to go in the 2nd. I don't see us taking a WR that early unless TD can somehow use magic to fill other holes. I like Amos though.

Terrance Williams is projected to go in the 2nd. I don't see us taking a WR that early unless TD can somehow use magic to fill other holes. I like Amos though.

I could see us simply adding FAs to defense. Maybe Nolan likes Massaqui and Matthews. Regardless they aren't going to "blow up " the defense

And, yes, adding a strong #3 wr who projects to a strong #2 wr makes a ton of sense. For one the rookie pay scale makes it cheap. Two as good as Gonzalez was he was not explosive. Having 3 explosive wrs makes that offense even better. 4 HD is serviceable at best, not really an explosive guy. Be even better as 4th option. Lastly, Roddy is in 30 year old territory, stock the cupboard.

That said, don't fret, if the falcons did draft a wr and rb I highly doubt they ignore the defense. But honestly with a young defensive core, I think it makes sense to add a couple of FAs familiar with Nolan's defense.

Replacing TG in the passing game is really something that can be had in the later rounds or in free agency, If we draft a WR in the first or second I'm sure many will be pissed with this draft being so defense heavy. Just because they look doesn't mean were going to draft him.

Replacing TG in the passing game is really something that can be had in the later rounds or in free agency, If we draft a WR in the first or second I'm sure many will be pissed with this draft being so defense heavy. Just because they look doesn't mean were going to draft him.

Think about it, in a defensive heavy draft there will be value beyond first, second ...etc due to glut of defensive talent. That said offensive players with talent are at a premimum. Watch how teams needing QBs overdraft.

Back to wr. We have no quality depth beyond Julio and Roddy. HD83 is not an adequate replacement. He's a complimentary player.

so you would seriously pass on a sure thing at tight end in the first for a maybe

so you would seriously pass on a sure thing at tight end in the first for a maybe

I'm sorry am I the only one that thinks our offense was good and that our defense allowed a huge lead to disappear ? the biggest reason we arn't in the superbowl. Guys like Jimmy Graham, Gronkowski weren't drafted in the first round. Coby Fleener was suppose to be a first rounder got drafted in the second. No one's a "sure thing" in the NFL if you can honestly sit there and say that most defensive positions are a need rather then offense then there is your first problem, This team got bullied by the 49ers and needs girth on the D line and has had a pressing need at DE that needs to be filled before any position on offense.

Think about it, in a defensive heavy draft there will be value beyond first, second ...etc due to glut of defensive talent. That said offensive players with talent are at a premimum. Watch how teams needing QBs overdraft.

Back to wr. We have no quality depth beyond Julio and Roddy. HD83 is not an adequate replacement. He's a complimentary player.

I liked Williams all week at practice, if were going that way then why not get a WR in a later round ? their is plenty of good talent in the later rounds. Our defensive needs far outweigh our needs on offense. We need to get better on the D line.

I'm sorry am I the only one that thinks our offense was good and that our defense allowed a huge lead to disappear ? the biggest reason we arn't in the superbowl. Guys like Jimmy Graham, Gronkowski weren't drafted in the first round. Coby Fleener was suppose to be a first rounder got drafted in the second. No one's a "sure thing" in the NFL if you can honestly sit there and say that most defensive positions are a need rather then offense then there is your first problem, This team got bullied by the 49ers and needs girth on the D line and has had a pressing need at DE that needs to be filled before any position on offense.

Gronk was a high second.graham was a freak. At #30 you may not get an "impact" DE/OLB and dude, I doubt the Falcons drafted Matthew and Massaqui (who Nolan had input on) , kept them all year to throw away in their 3rd and 2nd years.

There are FA DE/OLBs to e had. Have faith. But back to offense, our running game blew, and if an injury happens to Julio or Roddy we are screwed. So yes another receiving weapon may be necessary. Ditto with TE, who also blocks.

You never ignore your strengths, you increase them. We have a full compliment of picks this year, a very deep OLine (thanks to past drafts) and a fine young core on defense. I guarantee well have some cap space. All will be good

I liked Williams all week at practice, if were going that way then why not get a WR in a later round ? their is plenty of good talent in the later rounds. Our defensive needs far outweigh our needs on offense. We need to get better on the D line.

I like him. He's a good blocker, gets separation and YAC. I'd have no issues if he were our first pick. We go DLine or OLine in second. Grab Harris or Stephan Taylor in third. Go D and maybe TE for rounds 4-7

That'd be a good draft, with a couple of key FA D signings.

Guest Negatorris

I have an inside source that tells me the Falcons are also looking at defensive linemen and linebackers too.

I also have an inside source that tells me the Falcons are looking at various football players.

Gronk was a high second.graham was a freak. At #30 you may not get an "impact" DE/OLB and dude, I doubt the Falcons drafted Matthew and Massaqui (who Nolan had input on) , kept them all year to throw away in their 3rd and 2nd years.

There are FA DE/OLBs to e had. Have faith. But back to offense, our running game blew, and if an injury happens to Julio or Roddy we are screwed. So yes another receiving weapon may be necessary. Ditto with TE, who also blocks.

You never ignore your strengths, you increase them. We have a full compliment of picks this year, a very deep OLine (thanks to past drafts) and a fine young core on defense. I guarantee well have some cap space. All will be good

I understand that but its draft day let's say and Tyler Eifert, Terrence Williams and Alex Okafor are on the board, your telling me you would easily pick Williams or Eifert over Okafor ? I'm sorry I cannot agree their, there is plenty of solid TE talent that can be had in the later rounds that can come in and start and be effective. You can also make the case you can sign a vetern backup WR just incase Julio or Roddy go down

I just can't agree with us taking a WR in the first three rounds with DE, DT and RB at such a bigger need. I just can't see it as much as I'd love to theres just no way I can justify going any offensive need in the first or second as apposed to defense. It's our biggest need and their will be quality defensive playmakers when we pick.

I'm more than willing to say replacing tony Gonzalez with a more than qualified rookie is more important than drafting a de with the first pick. It all starts inside. Maybe you haven't seen Matthews when he gets pt. He gets pressure and gets held Alot. Reality is, fans and mockers have been wishing for the team to draft a DE with the first pick for the last few years and the team totally ignores them so I enjoy taking that route. Free agency will be the place to find defensive line help and possibly an upgrade to the linebacking Corp.

I'm sure there is nothing that you can say to convince me that Tyler Eifert would not be a perfect replacement since tony is leaving. Dude has great hands, can block and would be a great end zone threat. No way I would pass on him if he's there at 30