I Believe It's Time For Another Grady Jackson Type Dt

vdove0926

We committed so many players to stop the run vs San Fran it killed us on the back end. I believe a big space eater that can close up the middle of the line is essential because we are so athletic and fast we can run sideline to sideline.

Who are those Grady Jackson type DTs in the draft?

We committed so many players to stop the run vs San Fran it killed us on the back end. I believe a big space eater that can close up the middle of the line is essential because we are so athletic and fast we can run sideline to sideline.

Who are those Grady Jackson type DTs in the draft?

I like Sylvester Williams out of UNC. He is versatile, he can suck up block and is stout but is very quick as a pass rusher and has a good swim move.

Cut the Brandon Williams hype, seriously. It's getting old. He hasn't even been that impressive at the senior bowl practices. He's this year's Stephen Paea...workout warrior, stout looking guy, strong guy, doesn't translate on the football field.

I don't think we need a big Grady Jackson type DT, at least not early. Brandon Moore is a 3rd day guy that would fit that role well for us, or Kwame Geathers if he makes it to our 4th/5th round pick, but it's insane to draft a 300-400 snap per season DT in the first 3 rounds.

Cut the Brandon Williams hype, seriously. It's getting old. He hasn't even been that impressive at the senior bowl practices. He's this year's Stephen Paea...workout warrior, stout looking guy, strong guy, doesn't translate on the football field.

I don't think we need a big Grady Jackson type DT, at least not early. Brandon Moore is a 3rd day guy that would fit that role well for us, or Kwame Geathers if he makes it to our 4th/5th round pick, but it's insane to draft a 300-400 snap per season DT in the first 3 rounds.

Who are you the draft police telling me who I can and can't like? He was abusing Winters who was starting to get hype. You want Geathers but not Williams? Lol funny.

Who are you the draft police telling me who I can and can't like? He was abusing Winters who was starting to get hype. You want Geathers but not Williams? Lol funny.

Yeah, I saw that. Winters stonewalled him the first two times, the third time Williams almost made it past, and from the fourth time and on, he beat Winters everytime.

He wasn't "abusing" Winters, they went about 50/50 with Winters stoning him a few times and Williams beating Winters a couple times. At the end of the day, Brian Winters is a small school 3rd-4th round guy. Brandon Williams is a 3rd round pick and if he falls to our 3rd rounder, I'd be happy, but just say no to taking that kind of DT in the first couple rounds.

I like how you ranted about Williams getting unwarranted hype and is overrated and then suggest getting Geathers. And Moore isn't just projected as a 3rd day prospect, he's projected as a 7th round to UDFA type of prospect. laugh.png

He wasn't "abusing" Winters, they went about 50/50 with Winters stoning him a few times and Williams beating Winters a couple times. At the end of the day, Brian Winters is a small school 3rd-4th round guy. Brandon Williams is a 3rd round pick and if he falls to our 3rd rounder, I'd be happy, but just say no to taking that kind of DT in the first couple rounds.

Brandon Williams is more of a small school guy.

Missouri Southern State DT Brandon Williams is being talked about as a second-round pick, according to the NFL Network's Daniel Jeremiah.

Per Jeremiah, Williams' "surprisingly nimble footwork is what has been most impressive," especially at 341 pounds. The stout nose tackle wins with leverage and a motor to press the pocket, but there were a few occasions where Williams won with quickness off the line of scrimmage.