Saints Fired Spags And Are Switching To A 3-4

Clark Kent™

Not TATF, but I love keeping up with rival teams so can it. Surprised by this move. I reallly really like Spags. I know he had a crap year, but he inherited crap talent. I wanted him over Nolan because I was thinking Nolan was going to switch us to a 3-4. I'd love to bring him in as our new D line coach! He did awesome job with the Giants and with the Rams. Rams went to one of the top teams in sacks when he was there. Looks like Saints will be going heavy on the defense in the draft and Free Agency.

Edited by Clark Kent

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not surprised after the anonymous locker room crying about how he wouldn't listen to the players, etc. They aren't very good and simply got beat on most of their assignments, although their lackluster season on D might lend a little truth to the "Spags only had a good D cuz he had an uber DL" comments that were flying around at the time of his hire.

Don't 3-4 ILB's have to cover? Looks like Lofton will be handing out a lot of Gatorade next year LOL

Not surprised after the anonymous locker room crying about how he wouldn't listen to the players, etc. They aren't very good and simply got beat on most of their assignments, although their lackluster season on D might lend a little truth to the "Spags only had a good D cuz he had an uber DL" comments that were flying around at the time of his hire.

Don't 3-4 ILB's have to cover? Looks like Lofton will be handing out a lot of Gatorade next year LOL

Yep, Lofton and Hawthorne can't cover worth a s**t.

It will be interesting to see how they pull this off with their salary cap.

They're going to need a big plugger at NT and a whole new set of linebackers.

After looking at their roster it will look like this

Cam Jordan/ Broderick Bunkley (hoping to sign him i think)/ Akeem Hicks

Junior Gallete/ Lofton/ Vilma (if he re-signs)/ Martez Wilson or a draft pick

They have the 15th pick so i can definitely see a guy like Dion Jordan being there guy. Perfect 3-4 OLB

Edited by Clark Kent

HAHA pick 15th but they have no 2nd rounder and they need a whole lot of pieces, thats one less team picking 4-3 DE's so im happy

Yeah well they could always trade into the 2nd. Thats what I would do if i was them. Can't spend 2 years trying to get the right lineup. Go all in this year. Load up in the draft and or FA. I'm curious to see how Lofton does.