Saints Fire Spagnuolo

mvcrook

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saints are going to have to get a lot of pieces for a total switch over, unless they run hybrid style like some of the more recent def

there arent a ton of missing pieces like you say.

Jordan hicks and bunkley will work great on the line. I do see a bigger NT coming in through the draft. Galette and Wilson PLUS some other pick ups this offseasin could man the OLB positions.

Honestly it cant be any worse than what we saw this season.

there arent a ton of missing pieces like you say.

Jordan hicks and bunkley will work great on the line. I do see a bigger NT coming in through the draft. Galette and Wilson PLUS some other pick ups this offseasin could man the OLB positions.

Honestly it cant be any worse than what we saw this season.

Yeah when you give up the most yards in the history of the league you can only go up from there.

But yeah I do not see it taking too much to make the change.

Odds are it will not be a strait forward 3-4 anyway. it will take some retooling but it should not be too bad.

It will be interesting to see how Lofton fits into that mold.

I suspect Payton already has the DC picked out after being in Mobile all week.

I'd love to see an effective 3-4 defense. The Saints best defense ever was a 3-4 with the Dome Patrol.

Galette, Wilson, Lofton can play this alignment at LB. Hicks can play this DT. Jordon was effective in the 3-4 in college. So some of the front 7 pieces are there, but more will be needed.

Yeah when you give up the most yards in the history of the league you can only go up from there.

But yeah I do not see it taking too much to make the change.

Odds are it will not be a strait forward 3-4 anyway. it will take some retooling but it should not be too bad.

It will be interesting to see how Lofton fits into that mold.

I don't see a prototypical 34 either. The front is already on the team and with galette and Wilson fitting the 34 olb better than the 43 de, it saves the saints money. Cap is gonna be super tight so the draft will have to produce a starter and a couple back ups. NT and a couple OLBs will need to be added but I think and hope that enough is already on the team to make a decent transition. A good 34 dc will help also.

I don't see a prototypical 34 either. The front is already on the team and with galette and Wilson fitting the 34 olb better than the 43 de, it saves the saints money. Cap is gonna be super tight so the draft will have to produce a starter and a couple back ups. NT and a couple OLBs will need to be added but I think and hope that enough is already on the team to make a decent transition. A good 34 dc will help also.

Yeah nearly no one does a strait version of anything , almost everything is some sort of "hybrid" type defense which if you get a guy who works it well could mold some of your raw talent into something decent..

I am not sure how Lofton would fair in the 3-4 but it could not be much worse than it was so why not try.