Quizz And Snelling.

vdove0926

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fix our G more than rb in my opinion...

we are a passing first team and if we sort out our Oline I would be ok not getting another RB...

(Even though I am #1 on the Reggie Bush bandwagon, but because I like his ability to improve our passing game out of the backfield).

Yes we still need another RB. You cannot survive on 2. See Turner injury at the worst time possible. It is inevitable so might want to go ahead and get used to the idea.

I agree but we've spent a lot of energy and time on Antone Smith and I think as a 3rd option he fits the bill for the coaching staff.

Can Clabo play RG or is that something that just been floated around here? All of our oline is cross trained. I think the pass protection in the playoffs was great, I believe Konz at C will answer a lot.

clabo started at rg. when we signed him we eventually switched him and dahl. we moved him outside and dahl inside.

Snelling is nothing more than average, maybe under. You forget he was out there in free agency and never got a sniff.... I dont know what everyone sees in this guy , everything he does is just avg, he would have got more touches if he showed something but he never really has. Serviceable back up , thats it.

we need something out of the 3 or 4 th round that is a hit, there are backs every year

that come out of those rounds that are stars. I love Quizz but no way he holds up as a 3 down back all year, never

I believe that these 2 guys are good enough for what we want to do on offense. Is drafting a RB that big of a need?

Another thing is Bradie Ewing will be back, the connection between he and Konz could be a big plus when it comes to run blocking.

Yes, it is necessary to draft a RB. Why do you think Quizz came into the year 2nd string and Snelling 3rd. Quizz did play well down the stretch, but he is not quick enough, he is not powerful enough and he is not fast enough to be a 1000 yard back and provide us with the type of running game that you see out of the guys that were say 5-15th in rushing this past season. Snelling is a backup as well.

Team them with a talented guy that can do what C.J. Spiller, Frank Gore or Ray Rice can do for their team and then you have a talented backfield.

Edited by isproab

I agree but we've spent a lot of energy and time on Antone Smith and I think as a 3rd option he fits the bill for the coaching staff.

WHAT????????? You mean carrying him on the back end of the roster and getting him 1 carry in 3 years. Maybe the circumstances around him are the same as they are around Sidbury, he just in not good enough to be more than a special teams guy and somebody that is like what, the 35th guy on the roster. You cut him and move on. There are guys in the NFL that have a 3 year career and are done. They never get to make an impact because it wasn't in the cards for them.

WHAT????????? You mean carrying him on the back end of the roster and getting him 1 carry in 3 years. Maybe the circumstances around him are the same as they are around Sidbury, he just in not good enough to be more than a special teams guy and somebody that is like what, the 35th guy on the roster. You cut him and move on. There are guys in the NFL that have a 3 year career and are done. They never get to make an impact because it wasn't in the cards for them.

When preseason rolls around we will see, but I wouldn't just expect a RB to be drafted.

Yes, it is necessary to draft a RB. Why do you think Quizz came into the year 2nd string and Snelling 3rd. Quizz did play well down the stretch, but he is not quick enough, he is not fast enough and he is not fast enough to be a 1000 yard back and provide us with the type of running game that you see out of the guys that were say 5-15th in rushing this past season. Snelling is a backup as well.

Team them with a talented guy that can do what C.J. Spiller, Frank Gore or Ray Rice can do for their team and then you have a talented backfield.

Only thing is its not a certainty that we will go d a RB like that in the Mid rounds.

I was totally thinking that Snelling/Quizz could be a good combo as opposed to using a draft pick on a running back.

Much rather have a defensive line/ linebacker picks not to mention trying to find a replacment for TG.

I think with continued improvement on the offensive line as we saw throughout the year and having backs that consistently get to the hole quickly that we will be pleased with production we will see next year.

I just don't think a stud rb is necessary.

I believe that these 2 guys are good enough for what we want to do on offense. Is drafting a RB that big of a need?

Another thing is Bradie Ewing will be back, the connection between he and Konz could be a big plus when it comes to run blocking.

I've believed Snelling and Quizz were good enough since last season. We can save that money/draft pick for another area imho.