Falcons Mock Draft

1.) Brandon Williams - DT - Missouri Southern State 6'3" 325pounds

Brings massive size, dominated his level of competition, exceptionally athletic massive amount of TFL and is just plain ol country strong. We need pass rush up the middle and this guy is it. 25.5 sacks in the last 3 years from the DT position. Yes it's lower level competition but that's dominant.

2.) Lane Johnson - LT - Oklahoma 6'7" 303pounds

Big frame, long arms, was recruited for a TE, played DE, and settled in at OT. He's got the feet to be a starter at LT but has only played the position for 3 years grew up as a Quarterback. Will need a little development but could be starting for game 1 of the regular season. Elite Pass Pro, Average Run blocking.

3.) Tank Carradine - DE - Florida State 6'5" 265pounds

Very much a 1 year wonder but naturally plays with incredible leverage. Only reason he's here is the season ending injury in the Florida game otherwise he was gone in the first no question. May not even be here in the 3rd if he shows progress to his rehab. Gives us a big DE who can rush the passer, but naturally is good at using long arms and heavy hands to get off blocks in the run game. Does a really good job staying clean.

4.) Jonathan Franklin - RB - UCLA 5'11" 215pounds

Highly productive runner for UCLA has sneaky speed and excellent balance and vision. Could go as high as round 2, but the backs in this class are very saturated in the 2nd tier so we're able to benefit from the overall position being strong despite lacking elite talent and picking up a nice guy to rotate with Quizz.

4. COMP) Travis Kelce - TE - Cincinnati 6'6" 260pounds

May not be here but isn't unreasonable to think that he'd be around. He's got 1 good year of production and is very much a receiver before a blocker. Can split out wide like we'd do with Tony sometimes and has starter potential depending on how hard he works on his blocking skills early in camp / preseason.

5.) Malliciah Goodman - DE - Clemson 6'4" 280pounds

5* recruit that never lived up to his potential until the end of his career. Has insanely long arms, like freakish, and with proper hand placement would be a nightmare to block. He's had a couple of outstanding games especially the 2nd half of the season for Clemson even against top shelf talent. Projects to be a better pro than he was college DE.

6.) Dustin Hopkins - K - Florida State 6'2" 210pounds

NCAA's best long range kicker in history, this kid only missed 1 from 50+ all season and was called on several times to make such kicks. Has an exceptional gift for accuracy, but also can really bomb them. Not on Janikowski's level for leg strength but he'd be good from 60 pretty easily and is exceptionally accurate from distance. ***May be drafted earlier, hard to project kickers***

7.) Rod Sweeting - CB - Ga. Tech 6'0 187pounds

Lots of physical talent, but never really put it all together. So hopefully this guy could become a gem in the late rounds that could blossom into a solid contributor along the way.

Overall a good draft, love the Tank Carradine and Jonathan Franklin picks.

Only questionable pick is the LT, we will need a Guard for when McLure retires and Konz slide to center. Really think we keep Baker, has improved under the new O line coach.

Haven't seen a kicker yet in anybody's mock yet, that is a twist.

Overall mock grade: B+

Edited by LookAboutFalcon

Only questionable pick is the LT, when we will need a Guard for when McLure retires and Konz slide to center. Really think we keep Baker, has improved under the new O line coach.

Thanks. Yeah, I'd like to think Baker would continue his play but he's only done it for this year, is it the new coach or the lure of his first "big" NFL contract? I lean towards the paycheck. If he's willing to stay for a reasonable price I could see it. Also I know we picked up Holmes for that but I don't trust him, I don't trust that pick 1 little bit.

At the RG spot we have Johnson, we have Reynolds, and we have a guy who no one talks about Jacques McClendon. He's a monster and I believe that he could be elevated off the PS and onto the active roster and fight for a spot. Plus we have Manley for the Guard spot. I like our depth there more than our Tackle Depth.

You're clearly watching senior bowl practices, otherwise Brandon Williams is a no name 4th rounder at best. That being said, what in the WORLD makes you think Lane Johnson will be available at the 60th overall pick? Everybody is saying that he's working his way into the mid 1st round.

Brandon Williams is not a 1st round DT. Lane Johnson IS a 1st round LT.

Only questionable pick is the LT, we will need a Guard for when McLure retires and Konz slide to center. Really think we keep Baker, has improved under the new O line coach.

Depending on if the rest of his Mock offseason includes us resigning Baker we may need a LT also, but I agree with the premise of what you are saying as far as getting a guard.

You're clearly watching senior bowl practices, otherwise Brandon Williams is a no name 4th rounder at best. That being said, what in the WORLD makes you think Lane Johnson will be available at the 60th overall pick? Everybody is saying that he's working his way into the mid 1st round.

Agreed, switch Lane Johnson and Brandon Williams and we are getting more realistic.

Yea I wouldn't take Brandon Williams in the first. They basically said Lane Johnson is a lock for the first round now.

I still think the Lamar Holmes project is still being evaluated and TD wants to turn heads again and prove he found a gem. As far as the projections, everything is still being shuffled and then even after all is said it gets shuffled again and then when we start to hear who the #1 and # 2 picks are, it gets shuffled again...that being said, I would love to have Brandon Williams play with us. The dude can do it all...

No way Kelce lasts until the 4th. He will be gone by late 2nd early 3rd.

Every year someone like you says that a TE is going to go in the 2nd round that goes undrafted, it's not unrealistic that the 5th-7th ranked TE is available in the 4th or 5th round.

You forget how many good Tackles there are in this class, is Johnson hot right now? Absolutely he is, but he's not a 1st rounder, he's a top 100 type player not a top 30 type player.

Brandon Williams is going to fly up the boards, just like I called Alualu going higher than anyone else projected a few years back this kid is a specimine, there's just no way to teach his natural ability, someone could fall in love with him and I rate him over Jenkins and several other DTs most consider above him.

Every year someone like you says that a TE is going to go in the 2nd round that goes undrafted, it's not unrealistic that the 5th-7th ranked TE is available in the 4th or 5th round.

You forget how many good Tackles there are in this class, is Johnson hot right now? Absolutely he is, but he's not a 1st rounder, he's a top 100 type player not a top 30 type player.

Brandon Williams is going to fly up the boards, just like I called Alualu going higher than anyone else projected a few years back this kid is a specimine, there's just no way to teach his natural ability, someone could fall in love with him and I rate him over Jenkins and several other DTs most consider above him.

Maybe a 3-4 team loves him at nose. That could happen.

I'm just gonna be real and tell you this is stupid and why. Brandon Williams isn't a first round pick. When is the last time a D2 player has went in the 1st round? Probably never. Lane Johnson is probably the 3rd best tackle now after Jockel and Fisher. He's probably a top 20 pick. Franklin and Kelce will go higher than the 4th dude. Finally why would we draft a kicker?

I'm just gonna be real and tell you this is stupid and why. Brandon Williams isn't a first round pick. When is the last time a D2 player has went in the 1st round? Probably never. Lane Johnson is probably the 3rd best tackle now after Jockel and Fisher. He's probably a top 20 pick. Franklin and Kelce will go higher than the 4th dude. Finally why would we draft a kicker?

Why would we draft a punter?

Btw, I'm glad you can see the future :)

Have a nice day.

If we are talking about people flying up the boards then Kelce is more than likely going to be one of them. He is 6'6 260 and is projected to run a 4.58. For comparison sake Gronkowski ran a 4.75 and look how he is tearing up the league. And Kelce is also arguably the best blocking TE in this draft. I will post a link that has a very very in depth break down of him that a writer on rotoworld wrote.

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/cfb/42294/321/watch-out-for-te-kelce

Edited by Clark Kent

If we are talking about people flying up the boards then Kelce is more than likely going to be one of them. He is 6'6 260 and is projected to run a 4.58. For comparison sake Gronkowski ran a 4.75 and look how he is tearing up the league. And Kelce is also arguably the best blocking TE in this draft. I will post a link that has a very very in depth break down of him that a writer on rotoworld wrote.

http://www.rotoworld...ut-for-te-kelce

Obviously it's not about 40 times or Jared Cook would be the 2nd best TE in the NFL. Kelce isn't regarded as highly by most as he is by you, could he move up, yes absolutely especially since TE seems to be a more important position, but we may only see 1 or 0 TEs go in the first round, it's just going to force players down. This class is harder to project due to the massive influx of those 2nd tier players. Elite talent is low, but 2nd level talent is very deep. So you could very well be right, but every single year there's a TE that goes literally 7th or undrafted that was projected to be a top 50 prospect.

Obviously it's not about 40 times or Jared Cook would be the 2nd best TE in the NFL. Kelce isn't regarded as highly by most as he is by you, could he move up, yes absolutely especially since TE seems to be a more important position, but we may only see 1 or 0 TEs go in the first round, it's just going to force players down. This class is harder to project due to the massive influx of those 2nd tier players. Elite talent is low, but 2nd level talent is very deep. So you could very well be right, but every single year there's a TE that goes literally 7th or undrafted that was projected to be a top 50 prospect.

No one said its all about 40's. I definitely didn't say that. I said if he runs that projected 40 at the combine then his stock is going to soar. Right now it would be a longshot to get him at the end of the 4th round. So i imagine after the combine its going to be even more of a longshot.

I love the mock. Even kicker. But one question: how are you replacing TG's receiving production? Please don't say a late round TE lol

I've grown fond of the UCLA rb

My hope is we'd sign a TE in the offseason to handle that role. I don't think we're going to run the same offense after Tony G is gone. He's a once in a lifetime player that kept our offense playing more traditional, I think we'll see a lot more spread offense if he doesn't return so replacing his catches and production would be split between the 3rd and 4th WRs, more than the new #1 TE. Unless of course we get a Jared Cook.

But Kelce is a very good receiving option, will he replace Tony? No not by a longshot, but he can split wide and be a 3rd WR or 4th WR at times too. So I'd be splitting the catches between

Harry

Kelce

Davis/whichever WR steps up into the #4 role

Coffman