What Do We Do With Decoud ?

Steampunk

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If we didnt desperatly need to improve in the trenches, i would say draft another safety to challenge him for his posistion. Since i don't see us doing that, the staff just needs to work with him to help him improve. He has potential, he is just makes mistakes too often.

I reeeally hope we do something about the tackling. It has to be a coaching problem and i hope they fix it for next season and its almost impossible to imagine they won't address it over the offseason.

He can tackle I've seen him make some tackles, the problem we have with all our Db's is that they always go for the big hit and don't wrap up. The only person I don't mind doing it is Moore because he seems like he racks up FF's with his hits and he actually excels with it.

He is a great pass defender and racked up plenty of ints no way Decoud is getting cut.

I want to get everyone opinion on this. Tuesday I was talking with a co-worker and he's a Bears fan. It he brought something to my attention that I really haven't thought about. He said that he believes alot of tackling issues comes from rules concerning pads in practice.

I wanted to ask you all... Do you believe there is a correlation between the rule and tackling?

I want to get everyone opinion on this. Tuesday I was talking with a co-worker and he's a Bears fan. It he brought something to my attention that I really haven't thought about. He said that he believes alot of tackling issues comes from rules concerning pads in practice.

I wanted to ask you all... Do you believe there is a correlation between the rule and tackling?

yes because there's only a certain amount of practices that players can actually hit on. not only does it affect the tackling but also the blocking.

I don't think so. Tackling has been an issue for a number of teams in recent years and they just started that less pads in practice thing last offseason.

DeCoud was pretty solid this year. And, he's getting better. He fell off a bit towards the end, but so did the entire D. As far as tackling goes, sure he could improve, but so could everyone.

It's what Opt Crimes is saying...He definitely fell off in the last quarter of the schedule...He fell back on some bad habits, especially the bad angles and poor tackling....Nicholas did also, Dunta, even McClain and Peters and Abe all kinda went MIA.

With the other "holes" that we have in the front seven, and if you look at his year as a whole, which I would consider pretty solid...You keep him, and address the other positions on defense...this gives a possibility that DeCoud's mistakes might be masked???

I think he is a solid starter at FS....You can't have Studs at every position, and if you think that is possible, then more likely due to the defensive scheme, not the talent...Our defense is 2 players away from being Top 15, which this past season, IMO, would ahve been enough for the SB...