Real Revis Talk

XXVIII-III

What we know:

-Best DB in the league

-Extremely rare talent

-Coming off nasty injury (I believe he'll get back to form)

-Will be extremely expensive

-Will shore up an entire side of the field

-Will want to be the top paid DB in the league every year (anytime any DB gets a contract higher than him, he'll want a new contract)

-Will give us cap issues for his entire time here

What it takes to get him:

-If he has a trade approval clause, I think we'd be a top choice for him

-I would give up no more than Dunta Robinson, this year's 4th, and next years 1st (I know it seems like a lot, but that's AT LEAST what it would take to get him.

I am not in the 'our secondary was solid camp'. I see Dunta as a huge liability in coverage, and rarely makes plays on the ball. Asante is long in the tooth. The real obstacle (besides cap $) would be which side of the field to assign Asante and Revis to, as they both play the same side. We'd be taking the same type of risk injury wise if we resign Grimes, and he won't be cheap either, and his athleticism which makes him special has a big risk of decline.

Revis, Asante, Bobby Mac, Willy Mo, and DeCoud, very nice!

Draft D heavy this year, and also through FA to address the D-line, as well as O-line. Revis is just too rare to not make a play for him. Again, the lingering issue: Cap $! You know Revis won't budge on this.

What would you be willing to give up for Revis?

Edited by KL

No, he will cost to much, is coming off a bad injury, any trade will involve players we probably need to keep.

We also have already invested way to much in our Secondary that actually performed pretty good this year.

Until we get a better pass rush anything else we do in the secondary will be wasted.

Not sure how much he can command. He's not really a young player@27 (28 next season) and he's coming off a torn knee ligament season ending surgery. Its no guarantee he returns to form. It normally takes 2 years to get to full speed from knee injuries, but its never any guarantee you'll be the same player eg Harry Douglas. I would love for Reeves to join the Falcons but I don't think he will cost alot. I don't like taken players coming off injuries but its worth a shot at a reasonable prices. His knees gave out and buckled when he made a move, he didn't get tackled or have any contact. His price tag should be low.

He's a stud no doubt, but taking him on would be putting ourselves in cap ****.

He'd be a nice addition for sure, but truthfully this team has bigger holes to address. and I wouldn't trade nothing for him, If we were to sign him I'd just wait till he is a FA, why give the jets ANYTHING they will let him walk regardless

Not sure how much he can command. He's not really a young player@27 (28 next season) and he's coming off a torn knee ligament season ending surgery. Its no guarantee he returns to form. It normally takes 2 years to get to full speed from knee injuries, but its never any guarantee you'll be the same player eg Harry Douglas. I would love for Reeves to join the Falcons but I don't think he will cost alot. I don't like taken players coming off injuries but its worth a shot at a reasonable prices. His knees gave out and buckled when he made a move, he didn't get tackled or have any contact. His price tag should be low.

Grimes or Revis, who ya got

Grimes or Revis, who ya got

Depends on price tag. Revis locks down one side of the field. With Revis and Asante you can't throw on us. Grimes gets tested alot and makes guys pay for trying him. He plays hard every down like he has a chip on his shoulder. I would go with Grimes just because Im not sure what kind of locker room guy Revis is and Grimes already is apart if the team.

the only team i could see biting on a trade for Revis is Dallas. Jerry JOnes loves the big name and the quick fix.

Other GMs know that NYJ wont pay him big after this year, so they will let him play out in NY and see how he recovers before committing.

Woody is going to want a kings ransom for him, and it just wont happen. I think a 2nd or so is the best offer he would get considering the circumstances.