We Should Be In The Bowl. We Should Be Holding The Lambordi

Guest fibonacci

Guest Fibonacci/Mashburn

Man I am so mad. not the way we finished or that I think someone should have done better......I just know deep inside we had this.

many many times I say the superbowl champs for that year are the best team.......but honestly I can say the falcons were the best team for 2012. anyone who disagrees is a homer. every Falcns game was a fight to the finish.

don't care how easy a team is, or how hard they are or a strength of a schedule.......this is the NFL and it is any given sunday. and every team from the browns to the patriots wants to be the 2012 falcons or beat the 2012 falcons.

all I can say to myself to make me smile is to say.......I'm going to stay how I finished at the dome. and that was standing tall and risen up. I will watch the falcons go to thr superbowl and demolish teams next year.....no and if buts about it. We are going to crush teams, we are going to get some hard hitters. Go look at how Nolan drafts; go look at what Dimitroff wanted from this team on day one he started (he wanted a better D.). Well you can bet that Thomas is going to let Nolan do whatever he wants to with the first two draft picks.

oh and we bumped up the assistant strength coach for a reason.....Nolan wanted a harder team. sure our guys stayed healthy and all.....but I rather see a couple guys go down being hard hitters and watching their replacements come in as hard hitters; then to watch guys miss tackles.

- if our guys finished on the tackles, then we would have been a 10-15 D, easily. but we would have probably had a couple guys go out.

- and honestly Nolan does not have time to sit there and do two coaches jobs. just like Smith does not have time to do Nolan or Koetters job.

^^^^ I hope a lot of people here understand what this means.

Guest Fibonacci/Mashburn

one other thing. I am about to go into tax season and won't be able to comment as much. so I will be MIA for a few months.

yu boys keep it up around here. and give those trolls/taints ****. We are the top team in the NFC.......which means we are the crushers of the NFC south as well. We will be the NFC south champs at least 5 out of the next 8 years easily. and there will be two NFC championship at the miniumum and at least one Lombardi win.

406072_248833901915528_443778871_n.jpg

our time just started and our time is going to be a longgggggg longgggride. so enjoy, rise up, and put your hands up like you got the hly ghost and your a pentocostal christian. lol (or you can do it as a roller coaster ride. LOL. either way works).

No we should not be there.. We blew two huge leads because we cannot play consistent on the defensive side. We dont have the players on that side to stymie a championship offense.

Get over it. We make a few good moves on defense and then we may "deserve" the ring.

No one in play-off history has blown a 3-touchdown lead in the 4th quarter. 'Til us.

Then the next week, we give up the biggest comeback in NFCCG history.

Sigh.

No we should not be there.. We blew two huge leads because we cannot play consistent on the defensive side. We dont have the players on that side to stymie a championship offense.

Get over it. We make a few good moves on defense and then we may "deserve" the ring.

We outplayed the niners. Our mistakes were not forced ... Theirs were.

You don't jump to a 17-0 lead on a "superior" team that never really made mistakes.

Stop drinking the Shapiro media cool-aid.

Matt threw to White to draw attention to the penalty ... Turns out he should have thrown to Gonzo or Douglas who were open.

If penalty called or Ryan threw to the open receivers, we are Superbowl bound and likely Superbowl Champions.

I think Gonzo was open after the ball left his hands.

Either way, if Cliff Mathews (?) fingertip doesn't graze Kaepernick's helmet I can make the case that we win that game.

If we play the 49er's 10 times, we probably win 5 times. It just wasn't our day.

I think Gonzo was open after the ball left his hands.

Either way, if Cliff Mathews (?) fingertip doesn't graze Kaepernick's helmet I can make the case that we win that game.

If we play the 49er's 10 times, we probably win 5 times. It just wasn't our day.

Nah, Gonzo was open past the first-down marker. No question about it when it's freeze-framed.

But there's about 10 different things that could have happened, and we would have won. A game of inches.

Nah, Gonzo was open past the first-down marker. No question about it when it's freeze-framed.

But there's about 10 different things that could have happened, and we would have won. A game of inches.

I haven't seen the replay much, but I thought that the LB or S was in the way and then when Ryan threw it, the LB or S moved up a little. I thought it would've had to have been an arching pass over the LB's or S's head, which would've made for a slower pass. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I haven't seen the replay much, but I thought that the LB or S was in the way and then when Ryan threw it, the LB or S moved up a little. I thought it would've had to have been an arching pass over the LB's or S's head, which would've made for a slower pass. Correct me if I'm wrong.

That's originally what I thought too, but the freeze frames on this page proved me wrong. Pretty far down the page.

No they beat us fair and square.

Regardless of the mistakes that killed us theres no ifs or buts here they won.

I no when I looked at the mistakes they crushed me aswell and it was an oppourtunity lost.

I'm not as crushed as I thought I'd be though and I'm really quite optimistic for this team going foward especially if we get Mike Nolan some more thoroughbreds on defense the sky's the limit for us.

I see. HD wasn't open though. The defender would've gotten there. The ref still could've called PI.

Yeah, Gonzo and Roddy look like the only viable options to me. And the playcall was for Roddy, so it's where Matt looked and went.

What REALLY irks me is that the 9er's defense says they knew exactly what was coming because Roddy hardly ever lines up in the slot. Meanwhile Roddy says that San Fran gave them a look on the play they didn't expect. Despite my respect for you, Koetter, take notes.

Our entire approach to that redzone possession is baffling and frustrating.

Poor play calls; poor execution; poor non-use of time-outs; poor non-calls; poor read from an injured QB.

one other thing. I am about to go into tax season and won't be able to comment as much. so I will be MIA for a few months.

yu boys keep it up around here. and give those trolls/taints ****. We are the top team in the NFC.......which means we are the crushers of the NFC south as well. We will be the NFC south champs at least 5 out of the next 8 years easily. and there will be two NFC championship at the miniumum and at least one Lombardi win.

406072_248833901915528_443778871_n.jpg

our time just started and our time is going to be a longgggggg longgggride. so enjoy, rise up, and put your hands up like you got the hly ghost and your a pentocostal christian. lol (or you can do it as a roller coaster ride. LOL. either way works).

You will be missed. Honestly, I love your posts. Come back soon haha

Yeah, we out-played them to get up 17-0 and 24-14 at the half. The problem was, we were playing the best D in the league and when you outplay the best D in the league in the first half of a game, they make adjustments and it's going to be difficult to score in the second half. Same thing happened against Seattle, arguably the second best D in the league. Somehow, in both those games, it wasn't only that our opponent's D got better in the second half but that ours got worse. Not sure how that happens but it did. Go figure. I understand why someone would argue that we didn't deserve to go to the Superbowl if we can allow that happen twice in a row but that doesn't change the fact that we almost did. If we make just one more play in that game or just one less mistake, I don't think anyone here would be arguing that we didn't deserve the NFC crown because we gave up leads and almost lost.

At this point I'm not really feeling mad anymore. Just crushed and disappointed. I was so certain we were going to come back and win that game. There was no doubt in my mind. I keep imagining what it would have been like if we had made that one play. If we had won. If we had gotten to see Matty and Smitty and the guys holding the NFC trophy on our home field while we all celebrated. If right now we were headed to New Orleans to play in the Superbowl on our arch-rival's home field. I even have this little fantasy that I'm going to suddenly wake up, and it's going to be Monday morning, and I'm going to remember that we won, and remember how happy and excited we all are, and that the current reality is just going to have been a nightmare. Oh well.

At this point I'm not really feeling mad anymore. Just crushed and disappointed. I was so certain we were going to come back and win that game. There was no doubt in my mind. I keep imagining what it would have been like if we had made that one play. If we had won. If we had gotten to see Matty and Smitty and the guys holding the NFC trophy on our home field while we all celebrated. If right now we were headed to New Orleans to play in the Superbowl on our arch-rival's home field. I even have this little fantasy that I'm going to suddenly wake up, and it's going to be Monday morning, and I'm going to remember that we won, and remember how happy and excited we all are, and that the current reality is just going to have been a nightmare. Oh well.

You've described many of the stages of grief in there.

(And I hear ya. It IS a bit of a mourning process, in its own way. Nothing like the true kind, of course, nothing is like the true kind. But it's hard to let go of something you saw so clearly!)

I can't watch ESPN shows such as SC and SN knowing it should've been us they're talking about.

Should've, could've, would've... but didn't sad.png

Yeah, and I'm not watching the GD Superbowl either. I've watched every SB since SB XX, except for one I missed because I got stuck at work. I haven't intentionally missed a SB in 27 years and I'm not watching this one. This SB was ours and I wanted it so bad. Watching Crapernick and the 69ers play in it will be the emotional equivalent of watching another man make love to a woman I thought I was going to marry or something like that. Can't stomach it and won't.