Lets Face It Either Joe Flacco Or Colin Kaepernick Will Be Elite By The End Of The Year

Dirtybird#11

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In whos eyes? Kaepernick cant be elite. Hes started 8 games. Trent dilfer won a super bowl. So did brad johnson. That doesnt make them elite. Teams win superbowls not qbs. In my opinion flacco has earned elite status with his play in the playoffs. Hes very similar to eli in that he plays ok during the regular season but turns it up in the playoffs. Kap has along way to go to earn that title

In whos eyes? Kaepernick cant be elite. Hes started 8 games. Trent dilfer won a super bowl. So did brad johnson. That doesnt make them elite. Teams win superbowls not qbs. In my opinion flacco has earned elite status with his play in the playoffs. Hes very similar to eli in that he plays ok during the regular season but turns it up in the playoffs. Kap has along way to go to earn that title

it didnt take brady long an it might not be so long either for kapmellow.png

it didnt take brady long an it might not be so long either for kapmellow.png

look how long it took peyton. 4 years for his first playoff win and mvp, 8 years for his first super bowl. haven't bothered to look up rodgers' numbers but it's probably similar, maybe a bit quicker. Edited by Begotten912

I really don't ******* care.

If a drunk hobo could quarterback the Falcons to their first Lombardi I would get the drunk hobo quarterback Fathead to put up in my man cave.

The things you guys focus on.

76% completion, 11 yards per attempt, 1 TD in the air, 0 INT, 26 yards rushing on 2 carries.

55% completion, 8.5 yards per attempt, 2 TD in the air, 1 INT, 181 yards rushing + 2 TD on 16 carries.

Those are elite numbers.

that is how the story goes you are not considered elite by any means until you go to the big dance an win it all an sadly we get to watch another QB before ryan become elite

No.

Elite = Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady. That's it. I don't even consider Peyton elite anymore.

I've underrated Flacco a lot. 6 road victories is very impressive, but even if he wins the SB, he's not even close to elite.

Kaepernick? Please. Was Jeff Hostetler elite? Let's wait until he wins 10 games in his career before we call him elite.

that is how the story goes you are not considered elite by any means until you go to the big dance an win it all an sadly we get to watch another QB before ryan become elite

And this is why I loath the term "elite" when referencing quarterback's. It's really quite simple: elite TEAMS win the Super Bowl. Having a good quarterback is just one piece of a rather large puzzle.

Edited by Falconsin2012

And this is why I loath the term "elite" when referencing quarterback's. It's really quite simply: elite TEAMS win the Super Bowl. Having a good quarterback is just one piece of a rather large puzzle.

exactly. Put tom brady on that texans team that had the worst oline in the nfl when david carr was there and put carr on the pats team that had the best oline in the nfl and see whos more succesful. U cant throw the ball if u dont have time.

exactly. Put tom brady on that texans team that had the worst oline in the nfl when david carr was there and put carr on the pats team that had the best oline in the nfl and see whos more succesful. U cant throw the ball if u dont have time.

I get what you're hinting at and while most around here don't like Brady, I think he is one of the best to ever play the position. I often think about Carr, though, and wonder what if. In the right situation, I believe he would have had an incredible NFL career. But they drafted a quarterback before they were ready or able to protect him, which led to him being physically mauled over for five consecutive years. Honestly, I wish he refused to take game snaps until they addressed the offensive line. I have never seen a quarterback take such physical abuse. Not surprisingly, he lost his mental edge and is now permanently shell shocked. Still has one he'll of an arm though. He is one feel good/success story that I sincerely hope comes to fruition in the near future.

I get what you're hinting at and while most around here don't like Brady, I think he is one of the best to ever play the position. I often think about Carr, though, and wonder what if. In the right situation, I believe he would have had an incredible NFL career. But they drafted a quarterback before they were ready or able to protect him, which led to him being physically mauled over for five consecutive years. Honestly, I wish he refused to take game snaps until they addressed the offensive line. I have never seen a quarterback take such physical abuse. Not surprisingly, he lost his mental edge and is now permanently shell shocked. Still has one he'll of an arm though. He is one feel good/success story that I sincerely hope comes to fruition in the near future.

I still don't like the Texans for that one reason. You create a defense and OL FIRST, then a run game. THEN worry about a franchise QB. They had NONE of the above.