Dirk Koetter On 93.1 Fm The Ticket Right Now(Boise,id)

J-Wall

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very disappointed on the loss. That they had it but the 49ers did a good job in the second half. We had chances to score but had a couple turnovers. Excited about next year. He will be in Boise for BSU pro day. Him and all the coaches are in the office this week evaluating themselves and the roster. Ryan is as good as it gets. Talked about Quizz briefly loves him and sees him as a 3 down back. They have already lobby'd for TG to be back but will respect his decision. Sees us only getting better and loves ATL never really considered taking a HC job just interviewed to be respectful. Had 2 HC offers 1 for the NFL and another for a college program declined both(surprised this was never mentioned anywhere) that's about it.

Edited by J-Wall

Absolutely! That's really interesting; shows that he's not just taking the party line when he says how much he loves his job and enjoys working with these players.

The other big thing in there is that he sees Quizz as a 3-down back. Hmmm....

I noticed that as well and I happen to agree. I know there aren't many others who do agree on Quizz but the kid made huge strides from last year to this. I think he can run between the tackles as well.

Then again they may have asked him a question to try to get an answer about drafting a rb high and he had a prescripted answer. Kinda like "do you think Curtis Lofton is a 3 down lb"

TRUE. but Quizz can block on 3rd down and runs hard. Obviously we will get another RB but he really likes Quizz. Caves and Prater(the shows host) said they were shocked Quizz went in the 5th round) means nothing but I was as well. Dude was awesome at OSU

What's really scary is how good we are now and how much better once Koetter and Nolan get two drafts under their belts to get players that fit what they like. Koetter was force fed Turner and a less than ideal C/RG situation. Get him another back to pair with Quizz, a road grading RG (is it a coincidence RG can be road grader abbreviated?) and a TE who can stretch the seam. Get Nolan as menacing DLine this draft and some better LB play and a shut down Corner (which all of this is accomplishable in two years time). This team is going to be mean if we hit some home runs. Wish we could have a top 10 picks without the consequences of having one (injury, bad season, trading).

What's really scary is how good we are now and how much better once Koetter and Nolan get two drafts under their belts to get players that fit what they like. Koetter was force fed Turner and a less than ideal C/RG situation. Get him another back to pair with Quizz, a road grading RG (is it a coincidence RG can be road grader abbreviated?) and a TE who can stretch the seam. Get Nolan as menacing DLine this draft and some better LB play and a shut down Corner (which all of this is accomplishable in two years time). This team is going to be mean if we hit some home runs. Wish we could have a top 10 picks without the consequences of having one (injury, bad season, trading).

the great thing is, we actually don't even really need that. after re-watching the games, if we make half the tackles we missed, we're statistically a top 10 run defense, top 3 scoring defense, top 10 passing defense & we would have won at least 2 more games

Speaks volumes that Dirk wants to stay here. I think he knows the chance to be a Super Bowl Champion does not come around very often. So to leave would mean he would have to get very lucky when starting over. I am sure a new coach that has just won a Super Bowl would be more respected buy his players then one that just to a promotion for a bigger payday.

Edited by high impact

What's scary is that we weren't good enough, we're old at critical positions, untalented in others, cap-strapped, and are drafting late.

We peaked.

Expect to be rebuilding in two years.