We Have Pretty Much Been Preaching It For The Last Three Years

Miller2Rison

CAN WE GET SOME HELP ON THE D LINE? a corner here a corner there yeah that's great we can cover receivers but it does no good if we cant pressure the QB. We could use some faster linebackers as well, other than Decoud i think our secondary is just fine.

offense wins games, defense wins championships-that has been our team since 2008! if our defense didn't suck we would be in thesuper bowl and its mainly the line.

What I still can't fully understand is .... what changed from the first quarter to the rest of the game? -2 yards to that debacle?

They only had two possessions in the first and they weren't all that different from the others aside from the fact that we made a couple plays. The first DeCoud make that great play on the ball, sadly the last play he made all game, and on the second Peters blew up the line and got a sack.

After that there was no more blowing up of the line or guys making plays on the ball.

They only had two possessions in the first and they weren't all that different from the others aside from the fact that we made a couple plays. The first DeCoud make that great play on the ball, sadly the last play he made all game, and on the second Peters blew up the line and got a sack.

After that there was no more blowing up of the line or guys making plays on the ball.

Hmm, fair enough. I couldn't stomach the replay, so I guess I'm just thinking in broad strokes. I do remember both the plays you mention. Wish we could have had several more like 'em!

Hmm, fair enough. I couldn't stomach the replay, so I guess I'm just thinking in broad strokes. I do remember both the plays you mention. Wish we could have had several more like 'em!

So do I. Sadly the only other defensive series where we did some good things got taken away by a ridiculous "roughing" the passer call. We got some pressure on that one and forced a bad throw.

So do I. Sadly the only other defensive series where we did some good things got taken away by a ridiculous "roughing" the passer call. We got some pressure on that one and forced a bad throw.

True. And I believe that drive ended in the 1-yard-line fumble, which (in theory of course) is still somewhat of a positive. But a fumble at the goal line is extremely difficult for the offense to work with. If the drive had ended sooner, we could have had significantly better field position.

one team made adjustments at half time and the other didn't

guess

Their defense NEVER adjusted to our offense; we just repeatedly shot ourselves in the foot in the second half. Irritating as h*ll, because we were moving at will against the #1 D.

I'm certainly willing to grant that their offense quickly adjusted to being stymied the first 2 series.

your exactly right. By the time the second half rolls aground our undersized d line gets pushed around more and more. Which results in our db's in trailing position a lot more.

STOP IT - no we stopped the niners in the first half becuase they were seeing what we were gonna try and stop as soon as they saw we were going to stop the run, and Keap - they started tossing it, we picked our poison all it is, if u notice towrds the end of the 4th we tightened up a little bit, then Gore gashed us, both teams were making adjustemnt on the fly - but our Def was in same postiotion as theres when they have to pick there poison,

Watch the super bowl - same thing will happen - Either Keap will throw wide open guys - OR he and Gore are gonna get there yards, its gonna be one or the other BET. Ravens will make the choice.

What I still can't fully understand is .... what changed from the first quarter to the rest of the game? -2 yards to that debacle?

Maybe that's why the strength and CONDITIONING coach was fired. maybe.

It never gets fixed, the OL or the DL. Its exactly why we have never one a SB. Our FO never gets it. They love to get the glory positions, over the meat and potato positions. First 3 picks should be on the lines. 2 on the DL and 1 on the OL.

QFT!!!!!!

This is exactly right.