With The 30Th Pick In The 2013 Nfl Draft The Atlanta Falcons Select...

BigBird35

To everyone just saying Okafor won't be there at #30, WHY won't he be there? Depending on exactly how players are rated there are 12-15 d-line players alone that rank higher than Okafor.

I keep seeing the argument "he is destroying everyone at the senior bowl (except Fisher)". Then realize that he will be going up more tackles like Fisher in the NFL on every play than the second rate guys at the senior bowl. Scouts will realize this and also realize a lot of his big games are vs. weak competition.

Maybe I am just the only person who is not really high on Okafor. I think he will be a good player and would be fine with him at #30 but I don't think he is going to be a star at the NFL level.

To everyone just saying Okafor won't be there at #30, WHY won't he be there? Depending on exactly how players are rated there are 12-15 d-line players alone that rank higher than Okafor.

I keep seeing the argument "he is destroying everyone at the senior bowl (except Fisher)". Then realize that he will be going up more tackles like Fisher in the NFL on every play than the second rate guys at the senior bowl. Scouts will realize this and also realize a lot of his big games are vs. weak competition.

Maybe I am just the only person who is not really high on Okafor. I think he will be a good player and would be fine with him at #30 but I don't think he is going to be a star at the NFL level.

He destroyed fisher on 3 solid bull rushes today, this is what worries me, If Cincinnati looses Michael Johnson I'm betting they pick him at 21 that's just me, I'd love for him to come to us tho.

He destroyed fisher on 3 solid bull rushes today, this is what worries me, If Cincinnati looses Michael Johnson I'm betting they pick him at 21 that's just me, I'd love for him to come to us tho.

I don't know the Bengals cap situation but they better sign Michael Johnson or Blank might be trying to pull up with the money truck lol.

I dunno...I am leaning towards a DT that Nolan would consider. There are still a few bitter fans on the Peria Jerry fiasco and TD cannot afford to make one of those mistakes again. I am one of those that was disappointed but gave TD the benefit of the doubt and overlooked the age and tendency of injury. Peria could have been decent but the knee injury really killed his biggest attribute which is his initial burst.

I am thinking we go NT here. Nolan's tendency is power and strength. Every NT he has anchored in his defense was always the strongest dude on the field. I am looking to see if there is a early flurry for DT and IF there is NOT then you can bet its DT first. There are a few I had on my charts and there are all on the SEC (no surprise).

He wont be there at thirty, you guys need to move on to someone new.

I don't think we know that for sure. His production is off the charts, but he does not have an elite "get off." Go watch what you can find of him on youtube. He is no quicker off the ball than anybody else on that line. If he runs 4.88 40, they are going to question how high he goes.

I personally have been beathing the drum for Datone Jones and this week only reinforced that. I'll take him in the first round and play him at LDE.

Edited by isproab

I don't like him either

I don't think we know that for sure. His production is off the charts, but he does not have an elite "get off." Go watch what you can find of him on youtube. He is no quicker off the ball than anybody else on that line. If he runs 4.88 40, they are going to question how high he goes.

I personally have been beathing the drum for Datone Jones and this week only reinforced that. I'll take him in the first round and play him at LDE.

**** yeah, I like this pick, check this out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=foVUHStJDY4

Versatility is nice, does not workout at DE convert him to TE lol