Another Mock Based On Prospect Change In Nfl

Knight of God

I've noticed that prospects are really shifting up and down this season even before the combine. Even more than in the past. Its actually because more underclassmen are declaring, as well as team needs and desires.

I had no clue about Okafor dropping so fast into our reach, as well as some other players that I have wanted. Here is something based on what I found. Instead of using actual mocks that I have seen (most are wrong now anyways) I used my own research and study to come to this and will gladly give my reasons for every pick. No two prospects lists are the same though , so I will be very specific and not hold back. We need a little something anyways.

I give you..."KoG's I'm Just Trying Not To Think About My Defense Sucking Mock."

FA's - Issac Sopoaga DT, Mohamed Massaquoi WR, James Casey H-Back, Chris Rainey KR/PR

1st Round - Alex Okafor DE - Texas - 6'5" 261lbs

The last time I looked at Alex on a prospect list he was pretty high up. Unobtainable is the word I'm looking for. Here lately, Okafor has dropped to the late 1st round and early second round which places him right in our zone. Using the hybrid defense, Alex will be asked to place his hand in the dirt or stand up in the 3-4 version which will make him extremely dangerous.

2nd Round - Margus Hunt DE - SMU - 6'8" 277lbs

Here is another one who fell. Three reasons that I have found. His age, two more DE's definitely have declared with a possible still lingering, and his height. First, he is the traditional size range for a LE but more than that he will do nicely in the hybrid as he has a strong motor and is pretty strong. I would not sleep on the possibilities here.

3nd Round - Travis Kelce TE - Cincinnati - 6'5" 260lbs

A good size TE with sub 4.7 speed who can really block like a monster. Very athletic and could really benefit from having JJ and White as a split end and flanker. Not to be slept on and would be a first day starter.

4th Round - Le'Veon Bell RB - Michigan State - 6'2" 244lbs

As we move forward, a high energy RB who doesn't tip toe and has a violent style of running would be just was this team needs as a spark plug to get things going. Bell is also a decent pass blocker and has decent hands. He and Quizz would be good compliments for each other and bring some fresh energy to the team.

4th Round - Nico Johnson OLB/ILB - Alabama - 6'2" 249lbs

Yes, I was shocked as well. Nico will likely be available at this pick as all ILB's are beginning to fall. Although listed as ILB, he has played quite a bit at OLB and brings an intensity to the field. Johnson could line up at either SLB or ILB for the Atlanta Falcons and as well as bring a winning attitude. He could truly benefit from playing in Nolan's hybrid.

5th Round - Sanders Commings CB/FS - Georgia - 6' 223lbs

Terry Hawthorne if we wait until the 6th, but Commings is one of those guys who can make the 4-2-5 just a bit more deadly as well as be a useful back-up to both Decoud and Moore if he doesn't unseat them. Big corners who can play FS is just what you can get a lot of use from in the hybrid. Also he would do well on ST's. Say goodbye to this pick if he has even an average combine.

6th Round - John Sullen OG - Auburn - 6'5" 340lbs

This is what happens when your team has a bad year. Everyone ends up looking bad. Sullen is a road grader that has not received the national attention. He is a solid guard who pushes well on run plays and can get you the extra yard. he just needs work in the pass protection area. Enter Pat Hill.

7th Round - Gilbert Pena DT - Mississippi - 6'2" 334lbs

When you have NT's like Sopoaga, you have to have an apt pupil just in case. Pena could easily be that apt pupil.

I love the draft man. I would prefer a better receiving option at TE but I can see the team picking someone like Kelce. I think the money spent on Massaquoi could be better utilized too. It seems like more of a luxury signing.

Mas would come cheap and I think is a better option than HD. Kelce is all receiver, but that's why I also have Casey in the FA. He's a proven receiver.

agree right there...LOL @ my tangents...smile.png

Honestly the only thing I like about Okafor is the use of hands he has very good hand placement when bull rushing.

I don't think he has great upfield burst or suddeness that seperates him from any other DE going when we pick so for me he'll be a ???? at best.

Keep the defensive threads going there all good.

I think Gillislee is my favourite RB in the draft; however, I feel like his stock is rising much past his value. But if he was still there in the 4th, I'd want him over anybody. Pryor is great, too, tho.

I've mocked with Gillislee a few times, but something just doesn't jibe well. I wouldn't mind if we drafted him, I just don't get all gooey about him. I don't know. He'd be fine at 3rd but he's already moving up to 2nd.

Honestly the only thing I like about Okafor is the use of hands he has very good hand placement when bull rushing.

I don't think he has great upfield burst or suddeness that seperates him from any other DE going when we pick so for me he'll be a ???? at best.

Keep the defensive threads going there all good.

I kinda feel the same way, but as I've been saying...this is a good draft but there are some who won't flash as much as many think. Did you look at Lonnie Pryor?

Mas would come cheap and I think is a better option than HD. Kelce is all receiver, but that's why I also have Casey in the FA. He's a proven receiver.

I'm not really a Mass fan but we can use that money to maybe sign Jarius Byrd (if he's not franchised) instead of Willie Mo. That's a huge upgrade! We could also get a proven RB, although I do think Bell will have a good career. I'll take your work on Kelce, I don't remember the last time I watched a Cincinatti game.

Btw Pryor is very similar to Ewing in his skill set and a less capable lead blocker. I like him but there are better options.

I'm not really a Mass fan but we can use that money to maybe sign Jarius Byrd (if he's not franchised) instead of Willie Mo. That's a huge upgrade! We could also get a proven RB, although I do think Bell will have a good career. I'll take your work on Kelce, I don't remember the last time I watched a Cincinatti game.

Btw Pryor is very similar to Ewing in his skill set and a less capable lead blocker. I like him but there are better options.

No, not as a FB...as a RB with Quizz and Snelling. Snelling was drafted as a FB too.

He was the 4th best RB at FSU though and that's why they moved him to FB. Wilder, Freeman, and Thompson all played better that him all year. The NIU game was his 1st 100 yd game and it was more because of good blocking, although he did show good speed. I just wouldn't feel comfortable going into next season with our HBs being 2 undersized FBs and Quizz.

KOG your man Pryor is a beast.

Problem being we already those parts on our roster with Snelling Ewing & Cox if you drafted Pryor you could jettison 2 of those 3 guys for real.

I've always wondered why they never use Snelling as that FB/RB type of guy I think much like Pryor I see a similar type of guy but Pryor has more Speed which is huge.

I'd be happy if the draft worked out like this, but once Hunt and Kelce go the combine and blow it up, I imagine their stock will rise. Hunt probably to late 1st early 2nd and Kelce willl probably be late 2nd to early 3rd.

I'm a fan of Bell. He and quiz would definitely be great compliments to each other. And Bell said he was trying to get his weight to the 220 range instead of 240's like he usually plays at.

One guy I really want is Mathieu. Having him would give us a day 1 starter at CB or NB if we wanted to release Dunta and could be had for maybe one of our 4th round picks.

I like the order of business with this mock.

As you know, draft day is unpredictable, even with Al Davis gone.

( I am serioulsly going to miss him on Draft Day)

But back to the bidnit at hand.

What is your plan /b if you have to take a RB in the third round?

Also lemme punk this up by asking this.

With all the research and considering your previous mocks.

wher is your Big Board? and have you worked your probibilities

of landing a prospective pick by a factor of 3 at any given position in

any given round?

Pretty Good, I would replace Hunt with a Guard and we would be in business. I think the team likes Mass because he got pretty decent amount of snaps as a late round pick in his first year, probably got more than Sidbury got his first year so that is pretty promising. I still think we need to pick up a FA TE cause I am not good with the TE we have on our roster right now. For some reason I wouldnt mind bringing in Kellen Winslow to give a look, maybe the year off helped him understand that the league aint playin and we have a good locker room.

I like the order of business with this mock.

As you know, draft day is unpredictable, even with Al Davis gone.

( I am serioulsly going to miss him on Draft Day)

But back to the bidnit at hand.

What is your plan /b if you have to take a RB in the third round?

Also lemme punk this up by asking this.

With all the research and considering your previous mocks.

wher is your Big Board? and have you worked your probibilities

of landing a prospective pick by a factor of 3 at any given position in

any given round?

I was actually going to set and show a big board after the combine. I'm out of likes cause I stayed up so late, but I'm going to be a little bit more involved this year.

Guys, about Pryor. Back in the day a guy like him would be brought on as a utility back. Able to do anything. Snelling isn't a spring chicken and we aren't looking at featured backs. He would do well. I think Bell would be the best move.

If we had to take a Rb at 3, my plan gets a bit different after that. So Karst was right to ask for my big board. That's actually coming the day after the combine is over.