Vince Williams

vel

This guy is a gamer and I want him in the Red and Black immediately! He didn't really dominate at FSU but just check some film or ask the Senior Bowl guys, Charles Davis and Mike Mayock. Williams is physical, tough, nasty, violent, fast and can move sideline to sideline. He tackles with bad intentions. His instincts are good, as he reads and reacts very fast. He had the hit of the week so far at the Senior Bowl because of this. The offense ran a lead trap play. He read it, shot the gap and absolutely blew UP the pulling guard. He's got great size and plays hard. He's good in coverage, snagging a pick today as well. He looks comfortable in space in all his highlights. He played mand and zone and looked fine in both. 6'1 247 and 4.79 speed but plays a lot faster than that. When he lays a lick, he will let you know about it too. I think adding him would give Spoon the same thing Willis got with Bowman, a menace in crime.

This is his interview when asked about what he thought about what Jordan Lynch said about the FSU defense:

When asked where such an inspired performance came from, Williams called out Huskies quarterback Jordan Lynch, who in the days before the Orange Bowl reportedly called out the Seminoles' defense.

"He's terrible," Williams said. "I can't believe they tried us like that. They tried our life, man. ... He's not good at all."

In an interview with Sporting News held before Northern Illinois left DeKalb, Ill. for the bowl, Lynch said he believed the Seminoles hadn't seen an offense quite like his. He added that he and his teammates wanted FSU's defenders "on their knees" by the fourth quarter of the game. At that point, with them on the ground, the Huskies were going to "just keep pounding away," he added.

"It motivated us a lot," Williams said. "That was straight-up bulletin board material. First of all because of how much success our defense had. We've been really, really good and nobody's ever said anything like that to us. So we were like, 'this man must have lost his mind.'"

"What did he do that was good?" Williams continued to rail, his voice rising in pace, pitch and volume. "He didn't do nothing that was good, we were killing him."

As a defensive captain, Williams took the reported comments personally. He felt they were an insult to FSU's entire season up until that point.

"That touched me, that hurt," Williams said. "This is my defense. This is me. That's me out there. He tried our lives, man."

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/blogs/chopping-block/os-cb-florida-state-vince-williams-orange-bowl-jordan-lynch-20130102,0,5589345.post

THAT'S the kind of player we need on this defense. The Panthers called out this team and backed it up. Nobody even raised a finger in objection. Bryant was the only one to spout back. Even if they are lesser talents, they need to be put in their place. We need this kind of attitude. We respect our opponents too much. Respect is earned. We give it away for free. He may be a later round guy, but I don't care. This attitude needs to grow in the locker room.

Yeah Vince did not get much attention because his D line has been so dominant, but I think the guy could be great value if we can get him late in the draft. I would actually spend a mid round pick on him, but I don't know how high other teams are on him.

I haven't got to see any Senior Bowl stuff yet, but if a player blows up there then thats a big sign. Geno Atkins was a nobody before the Senior Bowl and he showed up there and was unblockable and dude still went in the 4th round.

I also went to fsu...vince was legit. The great dline was why he didnt get much attention. You need to go watch film on him. He is plenty big to play mlb in our system. I would definitely spend a 3rd or 4th on him. Also I had a class with him and he is one of the nicest guys I have met.

He isn't 6'1 more 5'11 6'0. He was talking about slow for a 4-3 scheme.

He measured 6'0 1/2 and 247 at the Senior Bowl. Also, 4.79 is on the slower end, but his playing speed is faster than that because of his instincts. I don't know what measurements you saw with 5'11 or undersized. He played in a 4-3 at FSU. He's playing in a 4-3 at the Senior Bowl. Just keep watching.

I also went to fsu...vince was legit. The great dline was why he didnt get much attention. You need to go watch film on him. He is plenty big to play mlb in our system. I would definitely spend a 3rd or 4th on him. Also I had a class with him and he is one of the nicest guys I have met.

Thank you. I just don't understand why he's a priority FA right now. He's a monster. Hits hard as a rock.

I'm gonna respectively disagree...I'm not saying his is the second coming of ray lewis but he would be a solid pickup in the late rounds. Also greg hudson was coaching the linebackers and he was not good. With some good coaching he could be great

I'm with you. I see enough on film that he is a sideline to sideline LB that attacks downhill. He definitely is inconsistent, but to say he doesn't play downhill is just wrong. Ask Hugh Thornton from the Senior Bowl whether Vince plays downhill or not. He straight blew him up.

i go to fsu right now and i have to say my opinion of Vince has changed. his junior year i though he was bad, slow to react, slow and bad in coverage. his senior year however he showed me a different speed out there. yes he has a great line up front but he still made plenty of plays as well as improved a lot on pass coverage. my friend was on ps squad at fsu and he would always tell me how vince was a good guy and leader, and how people would say he was bad but he would show different in practice.

I go to FSU as well so I've seen alot of him. He didn't play any great TEs but he was solid in coverage all year. He has good speed and is a hard hitter. Some people might say that he's overrated because of the Dline but I think the FSU Dts were the overrated ones. I'd definitely love to have him on the team.

I go to FSU as well so I've seen alot of him. He didn't play any great TEs but he was solid in coverage all year. He has good speed and is a hard hitter. Some people might say that he's overrated because of the Dline but I think the FSU Dts were the overrated ones. I'd definitely love to have him on the team.

Thanks FSU guys.

He shows up on film, which is what matters. The guy hits and hits hard. He reads his keys very well, which is what matters more than timed speed. We see it all the time, fast timed guys who play slow or slow timed guys who player faster than their timed speed. I really like Vince and think he'd bring a much needed physical presence to this team, even if he's just on ST and rode the bench.